H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 07-08-2006, 11:37 PM
Elcova Newbie

Jean_luc_lejoly is on a distinguished road
Question Travel trailer

Hi I have a H3-base pack, and will have to mount a hitch. I did fint the 4 prewires for stop, signal etc. I need to wire however for a travel-trailer, means putting in a brake-control for the RV-trailer and therefor would need to pull some new wires I think.

Does anybody have experiance with that. I did mount a control myself on my previous car (nissan Quest), was simple. But I would like to know if there is some prewire on the H3, and if I can use one spot in the fuse-box for the Power of the traler and the brake-control, or if it is better to add an external fuse.

Thanks for your help
Old 07-09-2006, 03:47 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel trailer

Someone esle will probly know more, but when i was installing some equipment up front in the truck i found some wires that were labled for brakes, and watever else there was, but they were cut and stoped there, with only several others continuing. I have the base model also. The connector in the back of the truck is a 7 pin i think and all seven had wires connected to them, dont know where the wires come from though. They are probably not connected to anything since i saw them cut inside.
Cant really help you out though.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:49 PM
Elcova Newbie

Jean_luc_lejoly is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Travel trailer? F5Fstop please need your info, am halfway there

I found in a other tread that the Wires are pre-wired under the dashboard, F5FSTOP had told that, they are effectively there above the little light under the dashboard on the driverside close to the feet. Just follow the wires of the light, and you will find the bundle of wires. They are clearly marked.
The only Question is where those wires go from there.
I did find some wires bihind the back-bumper, but there are only four wires.
I will have to check if the wires are those for the trailer-control(brake, aux-power,ground), or if those wires are the simple stop,left,right and stand-ligts.
Hope F5FStop can tell me more. Once I am done I will try to post some pics for the next once, and create a title so they find it if they use the search. This will releave F5Fstop from having to answer same ? all the time.
Old 07-09-2006, 10:44 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Travel trailer

At the rear:
BROWN - Trailer Park Lamps Supply Voltage - runs to Fuse 10 (TRLR) and then to the PRK/LP Relay
YELLOW - Left Rear Stop/Turn Lamp Voltage - spliced into left rear stop/turn lamp wire
DARK GREEN - Right Rear Stop/Turn Lamp Voltage - spliced into right rear stop/turn lamp wire
RED - battery positive - runs to Fuse 84 (TRLR B+)
LIGHT GREEN - Backup Lamp Voltage - to backup lamp circuit
DARK BLUE - Auxiliary Supply Voltage - runs to Dark Blue wire under dash that is part of the three wires above the brake/accelerator pedal (guess this is the signal to the trailer brake?)
UNDER THE DASH:
DARK BLUE - Auxiliary Supply Voltage (See above)
RED - Runs to fuse 83 (E-BRAKE)
LIGHT BLUE - Spliced into stop lamp circuit.

Not being familiar with trailer brakes, I would guess the following:
The RED wire under the dash supplies voltage to the brake unit, and applies a relay via the DARK BLUE wire that runs from under the dash to the rear. The LIGHT BLUE wire I would guess is also some type of signal wire to the brake unit to signal the unit the brakes have been applied. Again, I know about as much about trailer brakes as I do warp engines, but it seems logical.