H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-01-2012, 07:52 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road
Default 07 H2 driver side mirror not going in or out

I took the deuce for a ride last night (my wife has been driving it for the last several weeks), and when I attempted to adjust the mirrors--the drivers side mirror up & down does not work--it doesn't do anything.
I checked all other functions of the mirrors and discovered they do not auto fold in when the button is pushed.
I was able to fold them in by hand and they powered themselves back out fine.
All other adjustments work as advertised.
So what's my deuces problem? Do these mirrors have a master control that might be malfunctioning, or is it in the mirrors themselves? I'd like a cheap fix of course, so replacing one mirror is much more ideal than doing both.

I discovered with this that I really hate having something not working on the deuce, even if it has an easy work around like rolling the window down and adjusting by hand.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:18 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 07 H2 driver side mirror not going in or out

I just posted the wiring diagram in the tech section...should be able to test the motors from that.
Old 10-01-2012, 08:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

mcioci is on a distinguished road

My deuce has a similar problem. My passenger side mirror opens and closes all the time electronically but the drivers side does not open and close electorincally. I took it apart and its all rusted out so I will live with closing the one mirror the old fashioned way.
Old 10-01-2012, 11:48 PM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Does the mirror move up/down freely if you push on the mirror?

If the mirror folds out, the motor is good. Any gears or teeth are obviously good- Id check the switch or look for a cold sodder joint. On the trucks there is a calibration/syncronization process where your supposed to fully open/close them 3 or 4 times in a row.

There is a door module that controls all that **** if the motors test out good. These mirrors all operate under the same basic principles as the other GM trucks. I'd bet wiring colors are pretty damn close to the same Try searching for some similar threads like this-

http://www.performancetrucks.net/for...08-gmc-441341/

or some of the other gm truck forums...Might give you some more insight. I think you can fix it.
Old 10-02-2012, 04:22 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

So are you saying some functions on drivers side work and all functions on passenger side work? Driver side module communicates via class 2 data to the passenger side, so if all functions work on passenger side switches in drivers module are all working. Need to check input signals to drivers mirror, if all signals are there mirror is faulty. If both mirrors have the same faults, switch is bad, not sending signals
Old 10-02-2012, 05:02 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

my mirrors stopped folding in and out awhile ago.
the controls for the mirroe still work fine.. as in i can adjust the mirroe up and down, and left and right, but the folding of the mirror housing has crapped out.

from my research, there is no way to rebuild these mirrors. its simply replace the whole mirror. i have the old style one (smooth back) If you are going to replace the mirror, make sure you get the newer model ones. you can tell the new model because it will have a little raised piece of plastic that says Hummer on it. i cant explain it good, but if you look it up it is very obvious.

expect to pay about $300 for each off of ebay.

if your vehicle is still under warranty (doubtful) i think there was a recall on the mirrors or some issue that the dealerships were upgrading them.

PS.. if someone knows for a fact these mirrors can be rebuilt and can provide part #s for the motor.. please post or PM me the info.
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 10-02-2012, 05:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for all the inputs folks.

I can adjust the driver mirror up and down by hand, no gear stripping noise, and it has some resistance so it holds where placed by hand.
The driver mirror adjusts left and right, just not up and down. Passenger mirror makes all adjustments.
When I try to get the mirrors to fold in, the passenger mirror makes it's up and down movement then does nothing else. The driver mirror doesn't do anything.
I folded them both in several times by hand and pressed the button to have them power out, and they worked fine. I thought there was something about resetting them by folding them in and out, that's why I tried a couple of times to get them to work, but no dice.
I had a tendency to "shotgun" parts replacement in the past, but would rather not buy a mirror assembly if not needed.
Old 10-02-2012, 05:58 PM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

iirc, these mirrors were never meant to be adjusted by hand.. at all.
every time you adjust (open or close) the mirror, your stripping the gears more and more.

of course that prompts the question of what to do when the mirror wont open or close..

i wonder if mirrirs from a avalanch or some other model would fit and work properly on the H2 since we share alot of parts from the Ava, 2500, and what not...
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193