H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 06-29-2003, 11:39 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

After getting a bad rap from BADRAP I had the front windows tinted at 20%. I believe the back windows are tinted at the factory at 17%, so it was a close match.

I am trying to find out the make of the camera from my installer. It is a color camera and has a night mode, which actually shows up better than I might have thought.

The Alpine deck controls it and practically everything else under the sun, including a NAV system.

The camera itself ran about $300, which wasn't that bad. The Alpine IVA-D900 head unit can be had for around $1,700. Again, it plays CDs, DVDs, AM/FM, XM, NAV, CD Changer/controller, and has three additional A/V inputs.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:43 AM

blg615 is off the scale

zyx5432, Very very nice setup. Super clean install of all the ICE. My 9 year old son now thinks you should be his new father. Thanks alot, this is going to cost me tons$$. He also asked the same thing about you as Artie.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:00 AM

HappyJack is off the scale

zyx5432

It all looks very nice. Does the sub box come out, or is it hard wired in?

Cheers
Old 06-30-2003, 03:53 AM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

I want to see the tint on the front!!!
Old 06-30-2003, 11:06 AM

Kevin W is off the scale

Great Job on the Audio/video!! I am having a very similar installation done, only difference is that I am using the pioneer head unit. I know you said that when the screen is out that it blocks the right side vent, but is it able to flip out and sit straingt up, or does it have to tilt forward because of the vents?

Everything looks great!

Kevin

2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows, a/v on its way!
2003 Pewter H2, Tire relocator, painted hard tire cover, billet gas cover, MC2 chrome hood handles, stainless bumper letters, 15% tinted front windows,pioneer nav/dvd, xm sat, headrest monitors, tv tuner, defenderworx hood latches, side vents, marker
Old 06-30-2003, 11:19 AM

hummer33 is off the scale

Zyx5432, WOW. INCREDIBLE JOB> you thought of everything that i will be putting in on my h2 once it comes in. the subs look great, nice amps there. Nice small compact rear view camera. Any cost for the 2 headset TV's? AGain incredible job, it looks great and your h2 just makes me want mine 1 million times more. only 3 weeks....
Old 06-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Everything looks great but all I could think about was exactly how soon this is going to get broken into. There is so much great electronics in there it looks like a prime target. I had my satellite radio installed at a local pro in L.A. He works on a lot of pro athletes and movie industry folks vehicles. Anyway, every time I go in there there is a very nice vehicle with wires hanging everywhere and a broken window because someone just walked off with all of their upgrades. Maybe this isn't as prevalent where you are but I would be concerned. I have a Street Pilot III that I carry with me every time I get out of the truck because I know it will be gone otherwise.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:56 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

The sub box does come out. I did not want to take up the entire cargo hatch with speakers, amps, etc. and I wanted to be able to pull it out if I need to haul a larger load or go a long distance. The rest of the a/v system would work as normal.

I am working on finding out the make/model of the camera and will post when I find out.

The screen flips out normal and is essentially upright at a 90 degree angle. I think this answer could depend on the unit itself as far as clearance, but mine works just fine.

The two rear headrest screens did have a cost, but anything that keeps the kids quiet is worth it.

Buckeye: You are exactly correct, I do worry about that. Fortunately, I do have a severely upgraded alarm and the H2 sits either in my garage or in a guarded parking garage at my office. I do not typically take it to bad parts of town and/or leave it anywhere for long periods of time. At the end of the day, if someone wants it that bad, they will get to it and that's why we have insurance. Furthermore, I hope for their sake that no one tries to take it while I'm around....Or it could spell trouble for them.
Old 06-30-2003, 02:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Buckeye Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the guys I saw at this special dealer had a Bentley with some serious audio/video. He parked at his locked garage where his business is and also lived in a nice area. He lost his system 3 times. They finally figured out that people were seeing him driving with all the goodies and would follow him to locations e.g. home, work, grocery store etc. Anyway, after all that he installed mini video cameras inside the vehicle to try to catch these guys. I don't know if they ever caught them but if I find out I will post it. You are right though, I say enjoy the great stuff and just make sure your insurance is good.

PS. I think you missed a spot
Old 06-30-2003, 02:35 PM

Grim_Smoker is off the scale

Zyx5432 - It looks great! I'm going to be running 3 10W7's in my system, with my Kenwood touchscreen 1911 deck up front, a very similar camera out back, and probably 4 or 5 JL amps. I'm not even going to replace the rear speakers by the hatch, you won't be able to hear them so we're just going to disconnect them. I too will be getting a new alarm system, I was thinking about the newest Viper system, I want the full 9 yards - Glass sensors, balance sensors, proximity sensors, etc. The proximity sensors as most people say are a bit overboard, and will go off if someone parks next to you. It's all about how they're tuned, and it's mainly to detur those little trolls that have to walk up to my freshly washed truck and put they're ditry stinky little hands all over my windows and **** so they can look in. I'm sorry but I think it's just common sense that you don't do this, it's not your car, so who are you to touch it? Looking at it and admiring it is one thing, but putting your hands on the car and trying to see in, etc etc is just rude. How would you like me taking a quick peek at your house, then climbing up and trying to see if I can pear through your bedroom window and get a better view? I feel violated after people do this, and usually want to dissenfect my car with de-troller

-Grim

2003 Sunset Metalic Orange H2 - Breathless Stage 2B, HID's, Gobi Rack & Ladder.

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06

2003 Millenium Yellow Z06
Old 06-30-2003, 10:00 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

Well, I would be interested to see a thief try to break into my garage at home to steal it while I am at home (unlucky b*stard).

At work, it could happen - or anywhere else for that matter. Aside from posting it here (which could have been a mistake, but I was so proud ) I do not show it off and blending in was the main reason I did the type of install I did (o.k. the rear screens stand out a bit more).

Hopefully nothing will happen. But I too have witnessed it time and time again.
Old 07-02-2003, 01:24 PM

cubby is off the scale

BEAUTIFUL.....Zyx.......Great job
I too think that rear view camera is cool....I wanted one as well but never found a color one. Let me know where you got it.

Keep goin and keep us posted....
Old 07-02-2003, 09:44 PM

Lil Devil is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Zyx5432:
I went for the subtle "looks like it belongs" look...<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

your sub enclosure looks a lot like the one i had made a couple months ago:

----------------------------------------------------------
2002 Vette; Vortex Intake, Vortech S/C, Stage II heads, comp cam (220/220/114/.581), 3.90 gears, 14 inch cross drilled rotors, 170 stat, NGK TR6, B&M Ripper Shifter, Autometer Boost & Fuel pressure gauges on a-pillar, Hotchkis Sway Bars, HRE 543 wheels (F:265/35 R:295/35), Z06 titanium exhaust, RK LT headers, Magnaflow x-pipe, Programming by Morgan Motorsports, 5% tint, AA Frame & Rocker Savers, TB Bypass, Lowered 2", Custom Audio;570 RWHP Dyno Here

2003 H2; 37 inch tires, Manik Off-Road pkg., Airaid Intake, Custom Audio
Old 07-02-2003, 09:57 PM

hinten is off the scale

Can you tell me exactly which Focal tweeters you used?
Old 07-03-2003, 05:35 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

The Focal speakers used were the Poly-K series, one step below thier top of the line. I went with a component set-up (the 165k). See the link below for the specs.

http://www.focal-america.com/catalog...evlar/165k.htm
Old 07-03-2003, 06:48 PM
Tucson Beast

Hey Z

I know you are still seeking data - just want you to know that I still have a very high interest in the information surrounding your rear camera - it is the best I have seen (install-look-color picture-rear location).

I am waiting so that I can plan the correct monitor and its location (either with new CD/DVD/Nav system or up on roof console with correct modifications).

Thanks

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 07-04-2003, 12:47 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

If I don't get an email reply by my installer by Monday, I will call him.

I'll keep you posted...
Old 07-09-2003, 04:18 PM
Tucson Beast

Hi Z

I know I am being a pain-in-the-a$$, but I am still interested in the information on your rear camera - anyway that I can research it to help?

Thanks

"It's what you learn, after you know it all, that counts - John Wooden
Old 07-09-2003, 09:42 PM

Zyx5432 is off the scale

Nope, your not. I understand the wanting to get things done.

After sending a couple emails and leaving a message for the guys that installed it, I did get a reply, but it was only asking if I still needed the info.

I WILL have it by tomorrow, so you can proceed with your research.

Sorry about the delay.
Old 07-10-2003, 01:14 AM

HappyJack is off the scale

Tucson Beast

I am also looking for a backup camera. I purchased a camera just like the one on this ebay link:

ebay camera listing

It gives a fair color picture in the day and switches to IR at night. It has IR LEDs in it to help with the night vision. I do not really like it. I think I will look for a camera with higher resolution.

The other day my sis in law brought over an Infinity FX-45. It had a backup camera built in and it was incredible. Very clear and detailed picture. I had no problem backing the FX down the driveway by just looking at the monitor! On top of that, it had lines superimposed on top of the image to show you where you would go if you backed up straight! Very cool.

This is a link to a camera that I think looks good. I may try to get one of these.

Intec

Anyway, if you find some great cameras please let us know about them. I am looking for the best picture quality I can find.

Cheers