H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > H2 Classifieds

Old 11-26-2005, 03:53 AM
Hummer Authority

NJ H2 has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Is is possible to intergrate real time traffic data into the NAV?

Old 11-26-2005, 04:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

BLOWNZO6 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by NJ H2:
Is is possible to intergrate real time traffic data into the NAV? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

If it has its own software, yes. Anything with its own interface can be integrated into the software and can be accessible from any place you would like in the software.
Old 12-03-2005, 12:13 AM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BLOWNZO6:
The first run of my H2 PC's are now for sale. Here is what is included:

PC - 1Ghz Processor
512 RAM
Onboard Video
Onboard Sound
CDRW/DVD ROM
Adapter to hook this system to the stock Bose sounds system - NO AMPS NECESSARY
7" Wide screen monitor with touchscreen
Mount as shown in the dash below
XM Radio Box and Harness
XM Antenna
GPS Antenna
All necessary cables for connection
Windows XP Pro
Delorme Street Atlas 2006

I will personally setup each of the PC's, check the screens, setup the necessary drivers, GPS, etc.

There are a few things you will need.
1. Wire to run to Power (I will show you where)
2. Wireless of your choice (There are too many options here so I have not included it.)
3. Ability to install it. (If you wanted me to install it, we can discuss that, I am in Knoxville, TN)

The introductory price on these is going to be $1879 USD and will include ground shipping to the continguous US.

I would like a $1000 deposit via PAYPAL at nick.steffens@usionline.net
If I don't receive 5 deposits the projects costing will have to be reviewed and anyone who sent in a deposit will be notified and their money refunded.

I have set this up to build 5 at a time and expect a 3 week delivery to the first 5. If I can get them done sooner, I will. You will be notified that your unit is complete and I will expect the balance of the payment for the unit in 24 hours unless we make another arrangement and after reciept of the balance your unit will be shipped.

OPTIONS:
If you want the scanning software that I use, please contact me. It would be a $700 option, I can work that out with you.
A few have expressed interest in a dual processor. I personnally see no use in it, but can provide that as well. This would be an additional $325. Any optional equipment would need to be included in you initial deposit.

The frontend software will be installed and setup as well. This software is an open source front end and all pertinent information will be provided to each purchaser. I will provide support for the software, but I am not charging for the inclusion of the software with the PC.

I think I have included all of the necessary information to get this started, if there are any other questions, I will do my best to answer them.

Here are some pictures of the units:

Paypal for deposit is nick.steffens@usionline.net </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Will this PC have wireless internet connection? Can the SlingBox be used with this setup?

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
Old 12-03-2005, 02:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

You can use any type of wireless connection with it. It is not included. There are USB ports or a PCMCIA port if you would like one as well.

I have never seen that slingbox... that is pretty neat. Anything that will work with a PC will work with this computer. I see no reason why this would not work, you would just have to have some sort of wireless connection active at all times when you were using the unit.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:06 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by BLOWNZO6:
I have never seen that slingbox... that is pretty neat. Anything that will work with a PC will work with this computer. I see no reason why this would not work, you would just have to have some sort of wireless connection active at all times when you were using the unit. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I have seen some very impressive things done with AutoPCs in the past. That is the really great things about these devices. People like me, BlownZ06, and others can build the hardware and give general guidance, but since they are actual PCs, the real power is what the USER does with them. Slingbox reminds me of one owner of an AutoPC I saw who used Slingbox so that he could watch all of his satellite TV from home, streamed over the internet, to his vehicle. He made a nice front end to go through all of the channels and even bring up the TV guide, to see what was playing. It was just as if he were at home, except streamed over the internet, to his vehicle. People are truly limited only by their imaginations with this technology.
Old 12-05-2005, 01:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

I agree.. my goal here is to put the basics and the hardware together in a package that he cost effective and pretty user friendly. I am open to pretty much any application and will do what my time allows to help integrate it into the software for all to use.

I am still very surprised that not one person has been on this yet.

I have been loving every minute of mine. I really don't even miss the local FM at all. I have also been using a free program called Gordian Knot to compress my DVD's and put them on the PC. I have about 20 movies on there now and have about 30 music videos as well. Using the music videos whenever I demo the system for people.. gives a much better effect that just listening to the movies.

I am looking for a rear fold down screen for the truck now.. something more to integrate.

I may go ahead and order of these slingboxes and see how it works. I don't have a roving broadband connection yet.. if you have some ideas please PM them to me.
Old 12-11-2005, 11:42 PM
Hummer Veteran

TTT - What a great Christmas present!!!

Old 12-12-2005, 02:37 PM
Hummer Professional

CBR_Raven is off the scale

I agree.. my goal here is to put the basics and the hardware together in a package that he cost effective and pretty user friendly. I am open to pretty much any application and will do what my time allows to help integrate it into the software for all to use.

I am still very surprised that not one person has been on this yet.

I have been loving every minute of mine. I really don't even miss the local FM at all. I have also been using a free program called Gordian Knot to compress my DVD's and put them on the PC. I have about 20 movies on there now and have about 30 music videos as well. Using the music videos whenever I demo the system for people.. gives a much better effect that just listening to the movies.

I am looking for a rear fold down screen for the truck now.. something more to integrate.

I may go ahead and order of these slingboxes and see how it works. I don't have a roving broadband connection yet.. if you have some ideas please PM them to me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm very interested in what you have done with this PC. I really would consider buying one from you but I've already spent about $4000 on the system that I have now.

2018 Polaris GEM e4
2019 Land Rover Range Rover HSE
2022 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Z71 Sport Edition
2022 Can-Am Maverick X3 XRS Turbo RR
Old 12-12-2005, 04:09 PM
Hummer Veteran

It is really ashamed the money that some are spending on some of this NAV and audio stuff. I was talking to the Pioneer guy at the SEMA show and he was telling me about how great their new AVIC unit was with a 10 Gig HD, the screen, etc. is just no where near the quality of the monitors that are available.

Granted this is not just a simple plug and play operation, there is some work involved in getting it going, but the potential of these system is leagues beyond your normal radio.
Old 12-12-2005, 04:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Boar-Ral is an unknown quantity at this point

I built and installed my first AutoPC in my second vehicle four years ago and when I bought my next vehicle, I decided to skip the AutoPC and purchase an aftermarket navigation system. (I purchase Pioneer's top-of-the-line at the time, and my original AutoPC is still in storage.) When I bought my H2, I decided to go even further and bypass all of that by purchasing the factory navigation system. Looking back at all three options, I can see that they all have their merits. In my current circumstance, I wouldn't build a new AutoPC for the navigation aspect, since the factory system is more than sufficient. But I still like the idea of having mobile internet, more A/V support, and something to keep passengers happy. Everything for a reason.
Old 02-13-2006, 11:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

TTT

I wanted to let everyone know that I sold my first one last week, just shipped it today. Thought since the holidays were over with I might generate some additional interest.
Old 02-14-2006, 07:00 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBob is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on the SALE

Sure is a SWEET setup!