H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 09-22-2006, 09:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

dallas007 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Do You Really Need The Extended Warrn'ty??

Well I pulled the trigger this week and spent $1550 on a 4 year 40,000 mile Zero ded. extended GMPP.

I received a good price and great service/info from Allen Black @ www.gmoutlet.com.

Being horribly cheap, I hated to spend the money but the feeling in my gut tells me it was the right thing to do.

Thanks for all your feedback folks, I appreciate it.
Old 09-25-2006, 02:42 PM
Hummer Professional

HummerLV is off the scale

only problem is the $500-$750 "Hummer" surcharge as stated on the purchase form.
Old 09-25-2006, 10:39 PM
Hummer Professional

mdoyle is on a distinguished road

In retrospect- even if you're not using the warranty you're still getting the benefit of coverage; piece of mind.

I just exercised three demons from my H2 this past week- air suspension was fixed by the dealer (out of warranty, my dime) and I replaced the water pump Saturday afternoon and did the silicone fix on the rattling windshield trim.

The water pump was quoted at $667.00, I bought a replacement for $99.00 and replaced the belt while I was at it. The shop labor rate was 2.5 hours, I did it in just under 4. Excellent weather and a good conversation about bar-be-que with one of the American Royal Judges (neighbor) left me enjoying the day and project with no reason to rush.
Old 06-30-2007, 03:41 AM
Hummer Veteran

Alt-F4 is on a distinguished road

One transmission, one transfer case already replaced and now back down to the dealer for a broken speedometer, leaking front differential, sloppy steering, and super wiggly side view mirrors. I'm glad I have the extended warranty. Only draw back as was mentioned before is I am wanting to add some mods to the truck but feel like I cant as they might void my warranty. I travel a lot and have to deal with many different dealers.
74 J4000
05 Explorer Sporttrac Adrenelin
Old 06-30-2007, 11:10 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMMERcustoms.com/TAZ is off the scale

I recommend the warranty if you plan on running it stock and using it off-road. (NO BRAINER) There are a good number of expensive computer controls, modules or switchs etc. that computer controls operate. There is huge markup on the prices of the extended warranty so rub the finance guys last nerve till you think he is going to throw you out and lose the deal. I got 6 years with 60,000 miles for around $1550.00. Just keep telling the closer to give you wholesale fleet price which he will claim with clinched teeth that he cannot do it. This is because it is where you are getting into the closers pocket now he gets a commision but, keep in mind that for closer a small piece of something is better than a huge piece of nothing.

If you plan many mods for your rig the warranty would be entirely decided upon how your dealer feels about mods to your rig. Tell the dealer up front what you have in mind as well as how you feel the dealer will benefit from your plan and see how he reacts plus (more importantly) after talking to GM at dealer then go to service manager and ask him because in reality he is the one who will most likely get modified stuff through warranty or not anyway. Some dealers are not sympathetic to mod ideas and some as in my case have backed me whole heartedly. Part of it is i have kept my word getting attention to the dealer in shows around the state. I have been in the yearly auto show in our state capitol that my dealer is the sponsor of the show as they have many brands with their name on them. That makes them happy plus I have won every year our open state title Hummer only show. This makes dealer very happy as most of old time members on forum know as I have mentioned that we had been having out of state Hummers coming in and taking our state titles. This was also including the quite lavish first place winnings my dealer gave out. I made the commitment to stop the out of state rigs and have won every year since my first Hummer only show of 2004 with my 2005 H2. This year will be the 4th in a row. I got my baby May 28, 2004 a 2005 model so I was qualified to enter. I did so with modest amounts of mods but, very selective easy cosmetic things that made the new Stealth Gray color really pop. Plus I picked things that no one had seen yet by talking some manufacturers to actual sponsor or sell at really good prices some prototypes that were not due out on market for another 6 months or a year.
So that made it easier to win until Dragon came on board and helped me take my baby to another level entirely. Dragon has not even figured out yet on how to do some things I have in my head and just the same he has some ideas that he has not even told me about yet along with some that I'm having to rattle around in my head yet till i can decide YES or NO. I have rarely said NO and it is hard to recall any I did say no to, OH I did say NO to 22" TIS rims and i think that is it all. Oh another was lowering the rig. I think that was one of his suggestion but, may have been the shop boss suggestion come to think of it.

So you really need to put some thought to it as well and more importantly do some investigative work. Concerning mods it is a simple thing to press the issue that with dealers name on the rig it will draw more attention to dealers name just from casual stop by lookers. One thing I did was talk to service manager early and said hey I can get press for dealer by adding the supercharger etc. and actually take it to dragstrip hopefully eating some rice rockets that type of thing. Try to get special warranty coverage that you are wanting in writing which you likely will not get it but, the only stupid question is the one that is not asked.

Good Luck,

TAZ
05 H2 SUV cus. paint, Magnuson SC 6/12lb boost, cowl hood scoop, 12" dash touchscreen, GM elec. fans, HPTuners.com tuning soft., Dynatech headers dual catback exhaust Jet Hot chrome front to back Flowmaster Super 40's, Diamo 8 Karat rims & 325X60-20" Toyo, 4 OEM Captain seats Katzkins leather, rear console computer inside running all AV/NAV etc., Infinity component system 3 amps Tsunami Caps, rear flip down 12" monitor, headrest monitors, overhead console boost, fuel pressure, & A/F ratio gauges
Old 06-30-2007, 02:00 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

I plan to purchase the extended warranty through the GM protection plan once my time comes. However, can you add coverage items to the list (i.e. small things)? Reason I ask is because mine has had to have the Onstar rebooted twice, windshield molding fixed, and console clips replaced. I also have the vibrating mirrors that someone in an earlier post spoke of, but was not sure it was under warranty. If anyone knows the details on this I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks....Jamie
Old 06-30-2007, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Got the one that DDWH linked to. Very good deal.

I got one because I have an 03, which has a lot of quirks. I had most of mine repaired under warranty, but there are a lot of parts that are acting up now (like the power mirrors and seats - this is not a Hummer issue, but a GM issue). And while some are easy to live with, others are not.

Like the PP said, it's a crapshoot. But Hummer parts aren't cheap. If you're planning on keeping your truck for at least 2 more years, I'd go for it.

Stacy
Old 07-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Hummer Professional

working Hummer is off the scale

Get it!, H2's are expensive to maintain. My extended warranty has already paid for itself. Cost of warranty $2700-----Mirror replacement $1000, front diff replacement $1700, oil line replacement $200, soon to be air pump replacement with bags (God only knows? $1500-$2500?), piece of mind----priceless.
Old 07-03-2007, 03:25 AM
Hummer Veteran

cl998 is on a distinguished road

I have used one through my bank called Members Choice. It is awesome. I have had it on both of my H2's and a few other cars. It runs until 90k and has a $100 deductible. The platinum (top) one covers almost everything, including the side mirrors on my last H2. My Hummer dealer said they are one of the easiest that they have worked with. I paid $1800ish for my last one for my current H2 SUT
Old 07-03-2007, 03:41 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

That is intresting you have had that kind of luck with a secondary war. co. most do charge more for hummer brand vehicles. The problem with the JM&A aftermarket war. we sold is it had to be used at participating delaers. GMPP by far is the best. One BCM module will cover the bulk and any other major ticket item.
Old 07-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Hummer Veteran

fisherman is on a distinguished road

Everyone knows at $95.00 an hour for labor and every system computer controlled. how can you not afford 100,000 miles, bumper to bumper, no deductible???????? I got it, have not used it and sleep good knowing it's there.
The "fisherman"