H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-18-2005, 07:59 PM

Just Ordered My Hummer H2

Ok....was going to wait for the H3 to debut, but decided to go with the H2 after pondering PhilD’s and IPStack’s comments on my concerns (notwithstanding, reading the numerous posts here), thanks to all here for all the information and support, it has been invaluable. Thanks!

I live in the Palm Springs, CA area, and ordered through Jessep Hummer. Believe it or not, not one 05 Hummer at Jessep had the Nav system installed. So, off to the factory we go. I ordered an 05 White Hummer with adventure package with Nav, XM, off road brush guard lights and other goodies. I am holding off for the roof rack system. I want to make the right choice, so once I have the H2, I will look into the type of roof box that will meet my needs.

I used the Kelly Blue Book new car value option to get the price I wanted to pay. Pretty painless.

I am a very active off roader. I currently drive a Pinzgauer 4x4 for my off road excursions, and will be setting up the H2 as an expedition vehicle, like the Pinzgauer. I am getting into prospecting, shooting for nuggets while 4x4ing......Also like to just drive to the middle of nowhere, set up camp, light a cigar, pour a cold one and enjoy the area.

If anyone is ever interested in my area for off roading, let me know. There are some good times to be had in this area....Joshua Tree....Twentynine Palms.....there is a great back way into Death Valley, where we stay at Saline Hot Springs (great place, can only be reached by 4x4) I also go south to Mexico, San Philpe area...know a great place to camp and enjoy running the 4x4 up and down the beach. I am planning a trip down to the La Paz area this year, there is a bay that is as clear as can be.......

Good times baby, yea!

Ok....was going to wait for the H3 to debut, but decided to go with the H2 after pondering PhilD’s and IPStack’s comments on my concerns (notwithstanding, reading the numerous posts here), thanks to all here for all the information and support, it has been invaluable. Thanks!

I live in the Palm Springs, CA area, and ordered through Jessep Hummer. Believe it or not, not one 05 Hummer at Jessep had the Nav system installed. So, off to the factory we go. I ordered an 05 White Hummer with adventure package with Nav, XM, off road brush guard lights and other goodies. I am holding off for the roof rack system. I want to make the right choice, so once I have the H2, I will look into the type of roof box that will meet my needs.

I used the Kelly Blue Book new car value option to get the price I wanted to pay. Pretty painless.

I am a very active off roader. I currently drive a Pinzgauer 4x4 for my off road excursions, and will be setting up the H2 as an expedition vehicle, like the Pinzgauer. I am getting into prospecting, shooting for nuggets while 4x4ing......Also like to just drive to the middle of nowhere, set up camp, light a cigar, pour a cold one and enjoy the area.

If anyone is ever interested in my area for off roading, let me know. There are some good times to be had in this area....Joshua Tree....Twentynine Palms.....there is a great back way into Death Valley, where we stay at Saline Hot Springs (great place, can only be reached by 4x4) I also go south to Mexico, San Philpe area...know a great place to camp and enjoy running the 4x4 up and down the beach. I am planning a trip down to the La Paz area this year, there is a bay that is as clear as can be.......

Good times baby, yea!

Good times baby, yea!
Old 01-18-2005, 08:17 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

welcome to the big boys club. 05 SUT
Old 01-18-2005, 08:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your purchase. Money well spent.
Old 01-18-2005, 10:10 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats! Did Jessup give you a good deal? I ended up going to Mark Christopher in Ontario to get mine. Jessup sucks for their warranty service...maybe because I didn't buy it from them...I hope that you have better luck.
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.
Old 01-19-2005, 02:21 PM

I got the Hummer for 55800. They wanted 62000+ for all the extras I wanted.

After going back and forth, my Salesman, Sid, brought in a “Jessup” (he must be the grandson, was very young) to bargain with me. He stated that there was no way he would give it to me for 55300. Mr. Jessup stated that 62000 was the best he could do. He stated the Kelly Blue Book does not factor in other costs into their fair price”.

I countered that the KB based their “fair price” on actual sales, so somewhere, I can get this price, and I will find it.....He did not budge, at all....

I stood up shook his and Sid’s hand, and thanked then for their time. I grabbed my helmet (I was on my Harley), and proceed to walk out...I fired up my motorcycle, and Sid came running out; “Wait Mr. Ponder, Wait.”

“Mr. Ponder, please forgive my boss, he does not understand the client potential that you could bring into us if we treated you right...”

Sid, I exclaimed, your “boss” really pissed me off. I can go somewhere else, he would not even consider any negotiations, at all.”. Sid shot back “Mr. Ponder, you are right. We could of handled it better.” “How about 55800?”

“If you throw in the off road lights for the brush guard, you got a deal...”

Went back in and sealed the deal.
Old 01-19-2005, 03:54 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Jessup sucks for their warranty service...maybe because I didn't buy it from them...I hope that you have better luck.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What have you run into at Jessup?
Old 01-19-2005, 08:03 PM
Hummer Professional

H2 Bill is an unknown quantity at this point

My front seats rocked, the upholstery is wearing on the driver side, the paint is coming off of the door handle inserts and my driver side rear view mirror was loose.
They fixed the mirror but upon re-assembling my door panel they put the lock switch upside down so that it show red when the door is locked. They said that the other items were not covered under warranty and that I caused the paint to come off. That is a crock because members of this forum have had these problems fixed under warranty. BTW don't let them wash your H2 it will come out looking worse than when you took it in + water spots...
1970 Trans Am balanced, blueprinted, ceramic headers, etc.