Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other Off-Roading Vehicles

Old 06-02-2004, 03:34 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

copied from an email I received:

Unlike the current Defender whose live axles and go-anywhere four wheel drive system, the model that is expect to land in 2007 will take offroading from a modern perspective. We are expecting the new Defender to ride on Land Rover's T5 platform - the same as the new Discovery and the upcoming Sport model. Other technological advancements include adjustable air suspension, and the Terrain Response system, both featured on the Discovery. The question is whether or not these components will hold the to the test of durability and reliability. No other vehicles are punished as hard as these ones.
Attached Images

Banned

Unlike the current Defender whose live axles and go-anywhere four wheel drive system, the model that is expect to land in 2007 will take offroading from a modern perspective. We are expecting the new Defender to ride on Land Rover's T5 platform - the same as the new Discovery and the upcoming Sport model. Other technological advancements include adjustable air suspension, and the Terrain Response system, both featured on the Discovery. The question is whether or not these components will hold the to the test of durability and reliability. No other vehicles are punished as hard as these ones.
Banned

Old 06-02-2004, 04:17 PM
Banned

Land Rover Defender - Sketchpad - Motor Trend
Old 06-02-2004, 05:59 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

That SUCKS . Is nothing sacared? Thanks Ford.
Old 06-02-2004, 06:13 PM

DiscoDancingRover is off the scale

I hate ford I hope they burn in hell. They have ruined Land Rover forever now. Do they know anything about Land Rover's history? uhg
Old 06-02-2004, 07:04 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes that is the most fugly travesty yet.
Well at least it should improve the resale value of real defenders. Maybe it's time to buy one.
Old 06-07-2004, 05:41 AM

80/100 is off the scale

Ford ruins Jag, Ford ruins Rover..i see a trend here

-Matt
Old 06-07-2004, 11:46 PM
Hummer Veteran

Anthony is an unknown quantity at this point

Worst of all, no V8. The article if I remember correctly stated they would be aiming the vehicle at younger less serious off-roaders in the market. Horse-shxt
Old 06-08-2004, 02:23 AM
Banned

The one thing that has me interested is the Jeep Rescue. There is an article in Truck Trend in it this month.
Old 06-08-2004, 11:36 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

AHHHHHH..........Now heres a Defender
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2004, 04:08 PM

I like these...
Attached Images

Old 06-09-2004, 06:27 PM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Anthony:
Worst of all, no V8. The article if I remember correctly stated they would be aiming the vehicle at younger less serious off-roaders in the market. Horse-shxt <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, maybe the TD5 that would be nice instead of the V8
Old 06-09-2004, 10:16 PM

Kevin B is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Well, maybe the TD5 that would be nice instead of the V8
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Homer Simpson voice on---- Ummmm Diesel------
Old 06-20-2004, 11:07 AM

Landynutter is off the scale

THANKS ford you have destroyed the last company that made simple(compared to all others this day and age) workhorse and it doesnt look like the proper land rovers anymore they should junk all of the gizmos and go back to good old leaf springs and BRING BACK THE SERIES LANDYS like mine
and no v8's is a good thing rememer over here in good old blighty we pay over double what you pay for petrol(its not gas its petrol use the proper name) but saying that it anit gonna stop me from buying a dodger charger and drive that over here lol i must be mad
Old 06-20-2004, 03:15 PM

HCR is off the scale

It will be a great shame if the Land Rover loses the ladder chassis/live axle setup. This is the backbone of a true off-roader and nothing else can cut it quite the same.

I don't particularly blame Ford, either. I blame the people who give too much power to the marketing team. Gizmos and hairdresser styling sell well at the moment, bricks on cart springs are sooooo 'yesterday'.

H
Old 06-20-2004, 06:55 PM

my last post was just a way of me venting a bit dont mean to get angry so sorry for any offecene all stuff will have to move away from ladder frames becuase the suits say that its to dagerous, but the engines are very good they are suited to what they are needed for not v8 or nothing and like i said over here you cant run a big v8 you need 25 mpg plus or it really hits your pockets
Old 06-20-2004, 09:29 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Landynutter:
my last post was just a way of me venting a bit dont mean to get angry so sorry for any offecene all stuff will have to move away from ladder frames becuase the suits say that its to dagerous, but the engines are very good they are suited to what they are needed for not v8 or nothing and like i said over here you cant run a big v8 you need 25 mpg plus or it really hits your pockets <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>You do realize that there are other little buttons on your keyboard like . , ; don't you? Learn some proper puncuation and sentence structure before you try to post anything again.
Old 06-20-2004, 11:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Landynutter:
THANKS ford you have destroyed the last company that made simple(compared to all others this day and age) workhorse and it doesnt look like the proper land rovers anymore they should junk all of the gizmos and go back to good old leaf springs and BRING BACK THE SERIES LANDYS like mine
and no v8's is a good thing rememer over here in good old blighty we pay over double what you pay for petrol(its not gas its petrol use the proper name) but saying that it anit gonna stop me from buying a dodger charger and drive that over here lol i must be mad <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Someone's got their britches in a snit. Why don't you pop off down to the pub and have a pint or four.
Also, what's "rememer", and is the dodger charger a commemorative Clinton edition of some vehicle? And does your name have anything to do with a variation of teabagging?
Old 06-21-2004, 03:05 PM

to skint to go down pub for a few pints or even a pint, sorry not go much sleep and was tired and very bored when i put all that in.
stop moaning about puncuation i will use it when i am actually thinking about what i am typeing. i did mean dodge charger was typeing fast.
my name is quite simple but i explain it to you,
landy is short land rover and nutter im nuts about them put them together and you get landynutter i dont like it with the lines in between and nothing to do with teabagging