H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H3

Old 01-22-2009, 03:46 AM
Hummer Novice

HI5inN.Maine is on a distinguished road
Default Just north of Baxter state park

pics from matagamon area north of baxter state park, Me.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 0121092033a.jpg (15.5 KB, 810 views)
File Type: jpg hi5.jpg (24.8 KB, 675 views)
File Type: jpg 0121092035a.jpg (13.3 KB, 653 views)
Tee & lendell. Its the wifes truck...... Boy am I glad she likes off roading cause she loves the AirRaid,throttle body spacer,truxx leveling kit,add a leaf rear,35"MTZ's,Mile Marker sec9.5,and eaton e-locker that i have added. Its an 06 h3, black, sunroof, low on the chrome. "more for the go than for the show",thats what hummers are built for!
Old 01-22-2009, 03:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

MaineH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just north of Baxter state park

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI5inN.Maine
pics from matagamon area north of baxter state park, Me.

1st Pic is great!!!!!
I love Baxter. Haven't been there in a while but always hiked there when I was growing up.
Old 01-26-2009, 12:19 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

Great Post!

Maine and Baxter State Park are Gods Country for certain...

Years ago ventured Mount Katadin and returned minus a few gears and some bolts but well worth driving home with only high gear left.

Moosehead Lake had some nice fish and Kenibeck River was good for steelhead and a few good whitwater runs.

Thanks for the memory!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 01-26-2009, 03:36 AM
Hummer Novice

HI5inN.Maine is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Re: Just north of Baxter state park, Maine

I've been all over the state of Maine and the New England region either on Motorcycle or off road with our awsome Hummer and this particular area is as pretty as ive seen. its near the north entrance of baxter state park. if you have a map look for Matagamon lake. If you are every interested please feel free to contact me I'd love to guide anyone through the area. it will have to be soon though as for a wonderful woman named Roxanne Quimby "former owner of Burt's Bees" has used her millions to buy as much of maine as possible so that she can "preserve the land for the animals and insects that live on it" which means she has taken tens of thousands of acers of previously public land and is turning it into an inaccesable private playground for all of Gods creatures except man! it is currantly accessable by vehicle but access by atv and snowmobile are shut off. At any rate. we are still able to drive through as long as the bridges hold up. but roads will not be kept up. so feel free to send me a message and Tee and I would love to share our part of "God's country" with other hummer owners. Uhhhm, not a good ride for "tar babbies" though!
Tee & lendell. Its the wifes truck...... Boy am I glad she likes off roading cause she loves the AirRaid,throttle body spacer,truxx leveling kit,add a leaf rear,35"MTZ's,Mile Marker sec9.5,and eaton e-locker that i have added. Its an 06 h3, black, sunroof, low on the chrome. "more for the go than for the show",thats what hummers are built for!
Old 02-02-2009, 02:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Intercooled is off the scale

Never been there, how far up in Maine is it?
Old 02-03-2009, 11:49 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Just north of Baxter state park, Maine

Quote:
Originally Posted by HI5inN.Maine
I've been all over the state of Maine and the New England region either on Motorcycle or off road with our awsome Hummer and this particular area is as pretty as ive seen. its near the north entrance of baxter state park. if you have a map look for Matagamon lake. If you are every interested please feel free to contact me I'd love to guide anyone through the area. it will have to be soon though as for a wonderful woman named Roxanne Quimby "former owner of Burt's Bees" has used her millions to buy as much of maine as possible so that she can "preserve the land for the animals and insects that live on it" which means she has taken tens of thousands of acers of previously public land and is turning it into an inaccesable private playground for all of Gods creatures except man! it is currantly accessable by vehicle but access by atv and snowmobile are shut off. At any rate. we are still able to drive through as long as the bridges hold up. but roads will not be kept up. so feel free to send me a message and Tee and I would love to share our part of "God's country" with other hummer owners. Uhhhm, not a good ride for "tar babbies" though!
That is a wonderful post and offer! Haven't seen the Great State of Maine since 1973! If we ever get there again it will be in a H3 and will call. Sounds like Ms Burts Bee wants to save even more than Baxter has done which is a giant park!
Should be good for you and your travels. Enjoy B4 the crossings fall. Best fishing in Maine other than Alaska! However Maine is certainly closer to Stouts Creek NJ! See if you can find some secret access points only Hummers can get to in the meantime...
Thanks
Woody
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!