H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 09-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

crotch_rocket_pilot is off the scale

Well...just went and hammered out the deal tonight...I will be trading in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler for a 2006 H3, Black with a luxury package, nerf bars, Grill Guard, chrome wheels on the larger tires, etc. It should be ready for pick up by the end of this week. I'm pumped...I'm glad to join the movement! Pictures will come eventually of course...I'll have to post some with my other baby next to it (My 2004 Honda CBR600rr).
Old 09-20-2005, 01:35 AM
Hummer Veteran

Well...just went and hammered out the deal tonight...I will be trading in my 2000 Jeep Wrangler for a 2006 H3, Black with a luxury package, nerf bars, Grill Guard, chrome wheels on the larger tires, etc. It should be ready for pick up by the end of this week. I'm pumped...I'm glad to join the movement! Pictures will come eventually of course...I'll have to post some with my other baby next to it (My 2004 Honda CBR600rr).
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

Just thought I might add...I chose to go with the manual. Seems like thats a rarity, at least in my neck of the woods. THe dealer said he has sold 160 of them so far, and I would be the first manual he has sold. He had to look all over the place to find a manual that was close to what I wanted. Does it seem pretty much the norm everywhere to have an automatic? Seems wrong to own a automatic hummer...but maybe I'm just used to doing things the hard way because of my jeep : ) .
Old 09-20-2005, 01:40 AM

GopherH3 is off the scale

Congrats! You will be impressed. You have to post some pics of the CBR and H3 together.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:42 AM
Hummer Veteran

I took it for a half hour test drive and was very impressed. One thing I will have to get used to is being able to talk on my cell phone above 50 miles an hour...something I'm unable to do in my wrangler.
Old 09-20-2005, 01:59 AM
Hummer Veteran

bjc is off the scale

I picked up my manual about 10 days ago too. They do seem to be pretty rare, but I think it's worth it. Great acceleration and control - I'm really happy with it and can't wait to get it out of the break-in period.
Birch White H3 Manual, Adventure Package, Sunroof, Trailering Package, Off-Road Lamps, Splashguards, Black Tubular Assist Steps, Black Crossbows, Mudder Mats, Ski Rack, Warn XD9000 w/ DOI Hawse Winch Bumper, DOI Prototype Skid Plates, M101A1 3/4 ton trailer.
Old 09-20-2005, 04:01 AM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

Grats man and welcome to the community. Although manuals are more rare (as in auto vs man sold) its totaly up to you and I am glad to hear you got what you wanted as thats all that matters.. =)
Old 09-20-2005, 11:02 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats and post some pics when you get it. The manual is somewhat rare but I think that has a lot to do with the buyers. It's not a sports car so I think most people that will spend this kind of money want the auto. As far as it seeming wrong to own an automatic Hummer, keep in mind that the H3 is the first Hummer to be offered with a manual. Enjoy it and again, post some pics

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-20-2005, 01:22 PM
Hummer Novice

EFnetOper is off the scale

The auto has features that the manual doesn't. It has a higher towing rating and I believe traction control is not available on the manual. I always prefer a manual to an auto but with the fact that the manual has a tow cap of 3000 lbs vs the auto with a 4500 lbs, I opted for the auto.
Old 09-20-2005, 02:12 PM

Surferjo is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by EFnetOper:
The auto has features that the manual doesn't. It has a higher towing rating and I believe traction control is not available on the manual. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That is correct. I prefer the manual myself (which is why I'm still waiting for my H3 to arrive) I like having that control over the engine.

As far as towing goes the higher capacity would be nice but since the only thing ill ever be towing is my British Iron, 3500Lbs. is more than enough.

Old 09-20-2005, 03:46 PM

trading13 is off the scale

I ordered the manual too. My salesguy wanted to make absolutly sure I really wanted it since I also got the Lux and offroad pkg with the manual he said it would be very difficult to move if I didn't. He called it a "rare bird". I laughed, I think there are more people that might like a manual but they aren't so available and the "gotta have it now" outweighs it for them. Congrats and post pics
Old 09-20-2005, 09:20 PM
Hummer Veteran

Thanks for the warm greetings. So it looks like alot of people are coming from wranglers like myself. Love the motorcycle by the way...here is a picture of mine.

Old 09-20-2005, 11:23 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

Near the end of July, when I tried to find a manual H3 in my area, it was quite a battle. All they had was automatic, everywhere I went! I thought I was going to have to go to Pittsburgh, PA, (4+ hours away) just to get what I wanted. But then a dealer that was 3 hours closer called to say they had what I wanted. I picked it up 2 days later.
Welcome aboard crotch or errrr do we call you Pilot? There's a lot of helpful info on this board!

Boulder Grey H3
Old 09-21-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Expert

walc is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by crotch_rocket_pilot:... Seems wrong to own a automatic hummer...but maybe I'm just used to doing things the hard way because of my jeep : ) . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Actually, I found an automatic trans, in the Jeep Wrangler Rubicon I owned, was better for rock crawling than a manual trans.

2008 Ford F250 Super Duty, 6.4L PSD, XLT, 4x4, LB.
2006 Hummer H2 SUT.
2003 Land Rover Discovery S.
2007 Mercedes Benz E350.
2006 BMW M3 Convertible.
2007 Harley Davidson FXD Dyna Super Glide.
Old 09-21-2005, 07:11 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well...I lost my battle for a manual. The first one I had fell through real quick, and the second one they said they had for me fell apart today. I ended up having to give up and get an automatic for the sake of getting an H3 before I die. The one I am getting is black with the luxury package, ebony leather, chrome package, chrome wheels, brush guard, etc. I guess I can live with an automatic, I've only owned one other car in my life with one. I suppose it will help with the resale value for sure. I still wish I could have my manual though... on the plus side I get to pick up my H3 tomorrow night after work. Yeah!
Old 09-21-2005, 08:08 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Congrats on your find. Sorry it isn't a manual.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 09-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Hummer Professional

Location: Killing Fields or Antenora...if u know where that is contact me NOW.
H3OwnerDiz is off the scale

Congrats, be sure to post pics when ya get it! Sorry ya had to switch though. Like in my search, I called 3 different states before I found mine, so I know how difficult it was for you.
I test drove an auto and knew I wouldn't be happy with it after driving manual for the last 11 years, plus it seemed sluggish when starting out, so I knew I wanted more control over that. Good Luck and Enjoy!!

Boulder Grey H3
Old 09-23-2005, 12:33 AM
Hummer Veteran

My baby is in the driveway!