H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 PM

RiverRacerX is off the scale

So almost everyone in the LA area has these things in now, so I am going to the closest dealer to my house..Valencia, tonight after work. They have three in, but are pre-sold. Said we can look, I forgot to ask about the test drive. Also, selling at MSRP (they say). This is a vehicle for my wife, so she has to like it. It may be too big for her as a daily, since she is in sales and drives all day long. But I like them and want to drive it on the weekends!

They also said they will be getting shipments in every other day for the whole month. They are a stand-alone dealer. Part of the Power group (they sell every brand)

I'll let you know what happens.

http://riverracerx.com/images/mb2/up...4-h2sut_av.jpg
Waiting for a real one....
Old 06-02-2005, 09:01 PM

So almost everyone in the LA area has these things in now, so I am going to the closest dealer to my house..Valencia, tonight after work. They have three in, but are pre-sold. Said we can look, I forgot to ask about the test drive. Also, selling at MSRP (they say). This is a vehicle for my wife, so she has to like it. It may be too big for her as a daily, since she is in sales and drives all day long. But I like them and want to drive it on the weekends!

They also said they will be getting shipments in every other day for the whole month. They are a stand-alone dealer. Part of the Power group (they sell every brand)

I'll let you know what happens.

Old 06-02-2005, 09:05 PM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Just got back from there, they have 3 pewters, 1 green, 1 black, 1 red... all of which are sold. Only one still available is a white one fully loaded complete with a 5k dealer mark-up heh. 42k...
Old 06-02-2005, 09:38 PM
Hummer Professional

DeLeon is off the scale

5k dealer mark-up?! NO WAY!!
Old 06-02-2005, 10:04 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

The sales manager there is a bit of an ass. I asked if they had any there as someone had called me and he denied everything and had a major attitude like I was bothering him, and there was no body else in the show room, so F**K Valencia Hummer as there are other dealerships to deal with, and 5k over invoice, what a joke, I'l wait as long as it takes to get the one I want at a good price.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Hummer Guy is off the scale

5k has got to be some kind of record...no?

http://www.hummerguy.net
Old 06-02-2005, 10:25 PM

RT0870 is off the scale

Textbook example of "PRICE GOUGING".......as if the dealers don't already pull down some major ducats.
Old 06-02-2005, 10:43 PM

Was the 5k only on the one that wasn't sold yet? So the pre0-orders were at MSRP? The guy I talked to on the phone was very nice and said MSRP only. Maybe he is just trying to get me in the door (or the @ss)

Pasadena said they were getting 40 in as well.

IF and when I buy it will be from the most courteous dealer. I don't NEED an H3 today and I can wait till there are rows of them sitting on the lot.

Old 06-02-2005, 11:10 PM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

well after dealing with the sales manager and pissy attitude I can beleave that thy would get greedy,I don't have to put up with peoples **** just to get one, there are lots of Hummer dealers out there to choose from. so I might just wait for a pre owned one at half the price, thy just love poor slobs that pay thousands over invoice.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:40 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

The only one that was marked up so high was the white one thats still available.

If you think 5k mark up is bad, you should have seen it after the Chrysler 300 came out, they had them marked up 10,000... in Beverly Hills I heard they were as high as 15k over, and people were still lining up for them.
Old 06-03-2005, 12:48 AM

RT0870 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">... in Beverly Hills I heard they were as high as 15k over, and people were still lining up for them. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's just plain ignorant!! Speaks volumes about people who have more money than sense.
Old 06-03-2005, 02:13 AM

angelus is off the scale

What a bunch of aholes. Check with Rachel at Casa De Cadillac, Sherman Oaks. They have 3 black on the way, 1 red lux and 1 green lux in house and forsale as of this afternoon. They are selling at MSRP and are very cool. I would buy one from there if I didn't have one ordered from somewhere else. I keep calling them and they never seem bothered. Rachel has gone out of her way to take care of me.
Old 06-03-2005, 04:01 AM
Hummer Expert

XM DUDE is off the scale

I remember when the C6 Corvette came out, they were selling it for 10k over sticker, it has been said that a fool and their money are soon parted.
Old 06-03-2005, 03:25 PM

OK, went last night. They are charging 5K markup on that white one, but they said it is only to keep that one truck on the lot, otherwise they would have none to show or test drive. They want to keep that white one on the lot for the month of June and possibly keep it for a dealer demo.

Everything else coming in will be sold for MSRP. I don't have a problem with that.

They wouldn't let anyone test drive the white one yet, said it would be today. I did get to poke around in it and start it up. It is quiet.

Thoughts:
Dash and interior were very impressive! Great materials and fit and finish looked very good for a GM vehicle. Doesn't feel "plastic" at all.
Knobs and controls felt nice and upscale. brushed aluminum dash and shifter bezel are nice. Glad there is no wood. Yuk!

Leather was nice and suple, although I am not a fan of the colored piping.

Rear door opens really easily with the gas shock. Nice feature

Rear cargo area is rubber and is padded! I was suprised by that. Seats don't fold completely flat, but adequate.

Motor is crammed in the engine compartment. Good luck getting anything bigger in there.

Almost everthing they are getting in are LUX models, but they still have about 25 upspken for vehicles that you can put your name on a waiting list for. No deposit required, first come/first serve.

The guys there were extremely nice and spent about an hour with us just looking at everything.

They had grey, white and black on the lot. The red one had just left. But you couldn't open up the truck to see the inside as they were paid for. Fair enough. I wouldn't want every yahoo crawling around in my new vehicle either.

Overall I had an enjoyable evening there, even though I did not take one home. I would recommend Valencia, I think they got a bad wrap on here.

Good news is the wife loved it, and it would be for her. So as soon as my used car sells and I can find the right color, I might be a new Hummer owner.

Happy Friday.