H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-28-2006, 09:00 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Viper Alarm Door Trigers

hey everyone. Im still trying to fix up the install of the viper 5900 SST on the H3. The only problem i have left is the door trigers.

They were origionally hooked up to four different wires at the BCM, with diodes and onto the viper brain. however that didnt work too well. if all doors are closed and you arm the alarm it will sound, but if a door is open it will ignore all door trigers until the alarm is disarmed and then armed again with the doors closed, and this would be on except that it doesnt notify of this and its supposed to, the problem seems to be that its not reading them like its supposed to.

so someone on the the12volt forum said that there are 2 wires in the drivers kick panel, black/white(-) for all but the drivers door, and grey(-) for the drivers door. i tried looking for these but i coulnt find them. can anyone confirm that they are there or somewhere around there?

or can someone suggest a better place if any or a better way of getting this to work? does anyone have a wiring diagram for the h3, for installing an alarm?

i need to get this done by new years so i would appreciate your help, thanks!
Old 12-28-2006, 10:17 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Viper Alarm Door Trigers

I?m assuming they taped into the door jamb switch to BCM circuits. All these wires are Driver?s Door: GY/BK (Pin A32-BCM)
Driver?s side rear door: BK/WH (Pin A39-BCM)
Passenger door: L-GN/BK (Pin A38-BCM)
Passenger side rear door: L-BL/BK (Pin A44-BCM)
Rear tailgate: L-BL/BK (this wire splices into rear passenger side door and ends at A44).
All grounds for all the switches are BK/WH

Door ajar switches are those black things in the B and C pillars you see when the doors are open. Just remove the screw and they come out.

The ground of the driver side switches is under the driver seat, passenger side switches is under the passenger seat.

Routing for the wires is hard to tell. However, I would bet the driver?s side switches are routed from the switches to the BCM via the driver side, while the passenger side is routed down the passenger side to the BCM.

If in doubt when attempting to tap into a wire. Use a high-impedance voltmeter to test the circuit as the doors are open closed.
Old 12-29-2006, 02:33 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Viper Alarm Door Trigers

thanks f5fstop, i check to make sure the right wires are used, if that doesnt do it ill just give up and go back to the installer. Thats my last resort because the installer is 20-30 miles away and they are really sloppy workers.