H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 02-04-2006, 01:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Well, it's been 2 weeks since I got my truck back and tonight I'm getting an erro: Trackion Control Error - Stabilitrack failed. I'm going to call Onstar tomorrow and see what they say. Of course, I'll be taking yet another trip to my service center. I love the truck, but I think I've got a lemon.

Anyone know what this might be?
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 02-04-2006, 01:34 AM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Okay, looks like a bunch of us are having the problem. It makes me feel a touch better that it's not just my problem.

Stabilitrak Errors
Black H3 | Lux package | Ebony | Aluminum Crossbows | Chrome Pack | Chrome Tube Steps | Sunroof | Billet Hood Handles | Billet Gas Cap | Rubber Mudder Mats | Mud Flaps | Chrome Mesh Lower Grille Insert | Stainless HUMMER letters | HUMMER Grille Letters | Roof Racks | Roof Marker Lamps | Chrome Door Sills
Old 02-05-2006, 03:00 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

One of the reasons this is happening is the brake switch is out of adjustment. Tell the dealer to check their preliminary information and do a search for "brake."
It can be something else, but this one is overlooked a lot.
Old 02-05-2006, 04:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Thanks for the tip. The error went away, but I called the dealer anyway. They were familiar with the problem and suggested I call if it happened again. I will definitely pass this info along if/when I get the error again. Thanks again. This site always delivers quality info.
Old 02-06-2006, 03:25 AM
Steve - SanJose

Cmeinck-Yea I had the Stabiltrack light come on once for a few minutes once. Let us know what the dealer says about this. I won't be taking my H3 in for a couple of months for an oil change.

Don't worry about the lemon thing, this type of problem doesn't make it a lemon.

I've got over 11000 miles on my H3 with few problems.

S.

H3 white/ebony, lux pkg, chrome pkg, XM, auto, sunroof, chrome wheels, chrome side steps, hitch, Hitchcam, RW chrome gas cap cover, etc.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

Chip is off the scale

All that really means is the Stability control system is offline. Sometimes they come back on all by themselves or it works again when you restart the truck. It's not dangerous to drive without it. The SC is always off in low range and the light drives me nuts.
Old 02-08-2006, 06:29 PM

DDiablo1 is off the scale

Once again I have not had any problems with my rig and hope stay that way,... Good luck toy ou all cause am a lucky guy..
Old 02-08-2006, 06:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Mine is in today for the Stabilitrack. The error has been going on and off over the weekend. It wasn't happening when I brought it in, but I'm hoping they can fix whatever they perceive is causing the problem.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

cmeinck is off the scale

Well, the error light is no longer coming on so they weren't able to do anything. They are keeping the Hummer overnight and will see if anything happens in the am. It figures. Once I get it home, I'm sure it will happen again.
Old 02-08-2006, 09:55 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally posted by Chip:
All that really means is the Stability control system is offline. Sometimes they come back on all by themselves or it works again when you restart the truck. It's not dangerous to drive without it. The SC is always off in low range and the light drives me nuts.

you can clear it if you tap the odometer reset stem
Old 03-11-2006, 11:21 AM
Hummer Veteran

Bill1065 is off the scale

Put it in neutral and cycle thru the 4WD buttons over and over. It may be as simple as electrical contacts having to be used. Worked for me. I had the same STAB SYS FAILURE/TRACTION CONTROL FAILED problem till I did that. I am going to cycle every now and then from now on, maybe once a week.
Old 03-11-2006, 12:29 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I've had that twice after power washing the undercarriage and once after going through a creek in about 12 inches of water. Each time the light has gone out after about 15 minutes and I've pressed the 4WD buttons at rest. My guess is some connector or sensor doesn't like lots of water, however, the light has always gone out, so it's not something that bothers me.
When it comes on, I notice no difference in performance or traction.
Old 03-11-2006, 02:28 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

Sounds like the encoder motor connector at the rear of the t/case. The TCCM connector is in the I/P.
Old 03-13-2006, 11:17 PM

tunaboy is off the scale

I was having the same error message which only happened once in a while. Dealer in Omaha, Ne replaced motor #89059551 last Friday and it hasn't happened since. Hope that takes care of it!!

Old 03-14-2006, 01:48 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

I had the same problem for weeks off and on.

I took it in and the re-programed the TCCM and replaced the encoder motor mounted on the back of the transfer case. They had already done several of them.

when they scanned the computer it said the encoder motor was bad. The encoder motor tells the t-case which mode to be in 4wd 2wd hi or lo.

I bet this is the problem. I checked everything I could before bringing it in 100mi away to the dealer, I checked all connections at the TCCM and the encoder motor harness juncture which by the way has a rubber sealed boot, no water can get in it unless the boot has fallen off which I cant see happening.

Tell them you want the TCCM re-programed and the encoder motor replaced.

Not a single problem with it since. Nothing

Apparently there is an electronic eye inside the unit which is going bad, they have to replace the entire unit though the eye is not servicable.

When I initially called I was the first person with the problem, after I got it fixed and talked with the tech who fixed it he said they had done 5 or so of them.....nice right?

I wish the service managers were on the same page...always talk to the tech they fix these trucks all day......very knowledgeable..... go to the source and ask questions...my service managers dont have a handle on any problems I have had but every time I talk to the tech they have either heard of them or done the fix already...make the appt with the service advisor then make a call to the tech in the back get to know him. I know mine and now when I have a problem I call him weather they like it or not...got tired of being bull****ed

UNO
Old 03-20-2006, 02:32 PM

SWPA Snowboarder is off the scale

I just got the same error: "Stabitrck failed service 4wd" ....and its basically in 2wd, since the 4 high light isnt on...and wont switch into any of the 4wd modes.

Scheduled to have it serviced wednesday, im going to print out this thread and give it to them
Old 03-20-2006, 07:58 PM
Hummer Authority

partsguy is an unknown quantity at this point

encoder 89059551 motor is the fix,but GM has not made it offical yet.We have done 6 so far and it is the cat's meow.(don't know where I picked that saying up from)
Old 03-21-2006, 12:12 AM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

The dealer picked mine up today for what sounds to be the same stuff. "Service Stabiltrack
and Traction Failed" (Cruise Control went in op at the same time.) It had come on a few times in the past but would go off after a restart. This time it went on and stayed on. I should know something in a day or two and will post.

As a side note: I went wheeling yesterday and the TC working in low range but not high range. Funny that it worked even though the lights were on the whole time.
Old 03-21-2006, 10:39 PM

humm06this is off the scale

Hey to All

I had the same problem, and waited ten days for the module to be sent from GM. I think I also had a lemon. Just traded the H3 in on Saturday. It had 4000 miles on it. There were eight other things wrong with it. I paid 38,000 for it the Hummer dealer told me it was only worth 30,000 at the auction. So I told the HUMMER DEaler F. U. Honda gave me 34,200.
Old 03-22-2006, 06:45 PM
Hummer Veteran

ketcat is off the scale

My issue was the brake switch. I will have it back tomorrow.