H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 11-21-2006, 11:14 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Delayed Wiper Startup when Using Washer

Anyone with a 2006 H3 have a delayed wiper start up when pressing the washer switch? (Press the switch, shoot out about five ounces of fluid, then the wipers start up.) If so, next time at the dealer, have him/her/it install the latest BCM calibration.
I found out today there was a new calibration for the BCM that stated delayed wiper start. So, I loaded the new cal into my H3 at lunch time, and WOW, it works. Now when I press the washer switch, the wipers start immediately.
Old 11-22-2006, 12:19 AM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Delayed Wiper Startup when Using Washer

i have the delay too. is that the only change coming from the new BCM config?
Old 11-22-2006, 01:01 AM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
i have the delay too. is that the only change coming from the new BCM config?

Only one mentioned, and only one I noticed. You could also ask the dealer to check for updated PCM cals, there was one a few months ago, that helped with cruise engagement, and there was also one for the TCCM to prevent unwanted manual engagent of 4 low (I believe).
Old 11-22-2006, 02:41 AM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

f5fstop, will the dealer change it just upon request? Just say it's delayed? Also, has anyone experienced the wipers coming on (one swipe only) on their own without you turning them on?! It happens to me every once in awhile for no reason and scares the daylights out of me. Not expecting it!
Old 11-22-2006, 11:56 AM
Hummer Guru

I have not had the strange one wipe syndrome. Just go to the dealer, and tell him (or show him) the delay when you press the washer switch before the wiper starts up. Then if he says that is normal (some will), tell him someone had the same problem and there was a new BCM calibration (actually, in TIS, this is called a TBC (truck body control module...don't ask me why), and they uploaded the new cal, and the wiper starts up immediately upon activating the washer switch.
It took me all of ten minutes. Go to the vehicle, connect the Tech 2, check for codes, download the current cals in all the modules, go back into the office, connect the Tech 2 to the computer, sign in to TIS, download cals from Tech 2 to computer, check which ones are updated, download the updated cals, then back to the H3 to download the new cals to the vehicle. The H3 is extremely fast when uploaded new cals.
A dealer will do all inside the bay, so they save the time walking to the parking lot and back a few times.
Old 11-24-2006, 07:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road

Thanks f5fstop! I have the instructions in hand.
Old 11-24-2006, 09:14 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

I checked mine last night and they went right on.
I do notice if I gently apply the washer I can soak the window without the wipers on.Comes in handy,it loosens the bugs then squirt and use wipers.
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

HUMMJAY is an unknown quantity at this point

thnx f5 that has always anoyed me
Old 05-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

Huh....mee too! I thought the dealer would do that type of stuff automatically......hmm.
Old 05-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummBebe
Huh....mee too! I thought the dealer would do that type of stuff automatically......hmm.
I just walked over to my sevice mngrs office and asked if it had ben done when my truck was in last week, and he didnt know, he had to call the tech who said no, so I'll have it done in the morning
Old 05-02-2007, 11:11 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

I get a slightly different delay...(on early build 06)

When I turn the wipers on to the first click (longest delay), sometimes the wipers flinch once instead of swiping...then wait..then swipe...then wait...then flinch...then swipe. Makes for a long delay time.

Other times they don't flinch on that first setting. I asked dealer about it during the winter. He siad they would probably cold, (frozen perhaps?) I can't remember if he actually said that but cold, yes. Anyway. Thanks for th update.

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 05-03-2007, 01:48 AM
Hummer Novice

GreateWhite is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by f5fstop
Anyone with a 2006 H3 have a delayed wiper start up when pressing the washer switch? (Press the switch, shoot out about five ounces of fluid, then the wipers start up.) If so, next time at the dealer, have him/her/it install the latest BCM calibration.
I found out today there was a new calibration for the BCM that stated delayed wiper start. So, I loaded the new cal into my H3 at lunch time, and WOW, it works. Now when I press the washer switch, the wipers start immediately.

Sorry for first post like this, but is this BCM upgrade ONLY for 2006? I have a 2007 with the exact same symptom, and when I asked my service manager about it he acted like it didn't exist. I mentioned it was a known issue for 2006, but they could still not find any info on it. Is there a version number/PI number for it?
Old 05-03-2007, 02:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerHippy
I get a slightly different delay...(on early build 06)

When I turn the wipers on to the first click (longest delay), sometimes the wipers flinch once instead of swiping...then wait..then swipe...then wait...then flinch...then swipe. Makes for a long delay time.

Mine do that too! the first time I actualy noticed it I thought I was having some kind of hippy flash back. I thought it was unique so I never said anything to the guys in the service dept.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:38 AM
Hummer Professional

CrisB is an unknown quantity at this point

I've seen my 06 H3 do that one, too...figured it was a loose switch, any fix for it?
2006 H3 Adventure, green in & out, Line-X, no bling. Onboard air, Rino GPS, BVG roof rack, roof-mounted lights, Warn xd9000i winch, RR rails, Hunner's skid plates, custom UCP, rear tire rack, roofcam.

1965 IH Scout 80, fully restored with winch, lockers, Dana 44's...holds it's own to an H3.
Old 05-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerHippy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by HUMMJAY
Mine do that too! the first time I actualy noticed it I thought I was having some kind of hippy flash back. I thought it was unique so I never said anything to the guys in the service dept.

Exactly! I thought... "Did the wipers just move??? Hmmm sure is taking a long time..."

Gone: 2006 Red H3, Aventure Pkg, 5 Speed, Monsoon, Brush Guard, Rubber Foor mats, Trailer package, Chrome Fuel door, Engine Block Heater.

"You?re making the choices about whether you want to drive a little extra more or not drive extra more."
29-Jul-2008
Old 05-04-2007, 08:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

H3 Alaska is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hmmm3
f5fstop, will the dealer change it just upon request? Just say it's delayed? Also, has anyone experienced the wipers coming on (one swipe only) on their own without you turning them on?! It happens to me every once in awhile for no reason and scares the daylights out of me. Not expecting it!

This happens on both of mine.

But my real question is for f5 regarding the cruise control.
Can you give a better explanation of what the issue is?
The black one runs away when it has to downshift up a hill, has problems engaging, and acts like a "resume" function when you let off the "coast" button. It doesnt do it all the time (50% +/-) and is random at best. The white one is perfect with no issues on the cruise. Both are early 06 builds.
Old 05-04-2007, 10:53 AM
Hummer Guru

I believe, but can't verify where I am right now, that one of replacement cals for early H3s had a note about a cruise control fix. Being on the road, I have no access to the cals. However, when I switch out vehices today, I'll try to remember to looks at TIS and see what calibrations are out there for the H3.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:55 AM
Hummer Professional

Crash ? is on a distinguished road

Whoa whoa whoa.. That delay sounds more like a feature than a bug.. I'd rather have a moment or two of washer fluid getting the window wetted and slicked up good before dragging a DRY wiper blade across a DIRTY, GRITtY, BUG GUTTED windshield..

Wiper blades are cheap I know, but it seems like having that few moments delay to get a little more washer fluid up there to slick things up more will keep you from replacing them as often...

Of course the OTHER side of the coin I guess is if you're going down the highway and hit the washer, it's not a very good thing to be blinded with the fluid for 5 seconds while waiting for the wiper to start is it...
Old 05-04-2007, 03:23 PM
Hummer Guru

The delay we are talking about was NOT a feature, it was a pain in the arse. Basically, you had to hold the washer switch in for about three seconds before the wipers would move, and you could not just push it and let go, you had to literally hold it. Now, you push it, it shoots out fluid and wipes three or four or five times and stops.

As for the cruise. The new cal I was thinking about repaired a problem with the cruise popping off.
Old 05-04-2007, 11:15 PM
Hummer Guru

bparker is an unknown quantity at this point

I thought that was the beer dispenser button.....