Hummer Forums by Elcova  
Forums - Home
Source Decals

Source Motors
Custom. Accessories.

H2 Accessories
H3 Accessories
Other Vehicles

H2 Source

H2 Member Photos
H2 Owners Map
H2 Classifieds
H2 Photo Gallery
SUT Photo Gallery
H2 Details

H2 Club

Chapters
Application

H3 Source

H3 Member Photos
H3 Classifieds
H3 Photo Gallery
H3 Owners Map
H3 Details
H3T Concept

H1 Source

H1 Member Photos
H1 Classifieds
H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads
















 


Source Motors - custom. accessories.


Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
  #1  
Old 01-04-2007, 06:40 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Well I am a long time off roader and have owned everything from Jeeps (blah) to Scouts (woo hoo). I am skeptical about buying a H3 only because it is a new model vehicle, at least the 06 Im looking at, and Im paranoid about new model bugs. What were some major issues you've had? How is the handling off road, mainly snow and sand? How functional is the factory lockers? Overall are you happy with your 06 H3? I will be test driving her tonite. I tried to search these answers with little luck, and I couldn't find a FAQ, so I apologize if this is a repetitive thing around here. I hope to join you all soon in ownership. Cheers!
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 01-04-2007, 06:45 PM
SnakeH2's Avatar
SnakeH2 SnakeH2 is offline
Hummer Authority
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,132
SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Do a search on FAQ and you will have your answer
__________________
Where's WiFey?
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:06 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeH2
Do a search on FAQ and you will have your answer

No foolin, huh?

I tried searching for the locker info, are they called something specific? Lockers, axel locker, brings nothing up. Also searched Engine problems, Electrical, and Issues, with nothing pulling up. You dont just like to talk about your rig? Or you're just the H2 owner responding to the H3 questions? I also doubt FAQ is going to answer personal experiences with different off road situations. Thanks for the help bud.

Last edited by stagger_lee : 01-04-2007 at 07:09 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:13 PM
SnakeH2's Avatar
SnakeH2 SnakeH2 is offline
Hummer Authority
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Texas
Posts: 1,132
SnakeH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

My response was in reference to your question about the FAQ section. Check your subject line.

No, there isn't an FAQ section...but there are discussions to do so.
__________________
Where's WiFey?

Last edited by SnakeH2 : 01-04-2007 at 09:03 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 01-04-2007, 07:27 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Being that this is the technical section of the forum, I was just hoping for some technical answers. Is there a better place to post these kinds of questions. I am mainly concerned with the function and capability of the factory lockers, and capability in off road situations.

Last edited by stagger_lee : 01-04-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 01-04-2007, 08:55 PM
Anti-BlInG's Avatar
Anti-BlInG Anti-BlInG is offline
Hummer Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 223
Anti-BlInG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

The locker works great.
__________________
"because chrome wont getcha home."
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
The Green Lantern The Green Lantern is offline
Hummer Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,976
The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
Well I am a long time off roader and have owned everything from Jeeps (blah) to Scouts (woo hoo). I am skeptical about buying a H3 only because it is a new model vehicle, at least the 06 Im looking at, and Im paranoid about new model bugs. What were some major issues you've had? How is the handling off road, mainly snow and sand? How functional is the factory lockers? Overall are you happy with your 06 H3? I will be test driving her tonite. I tried to search these answers with little luck, and I couldn't find a FAQ, so I apologize if this is a repetitive thing around here. I hope to join you all soon in ownership. Cheers!

I really don't have major issues yet, but I think they preform great n the sand. And the good thing is you can put 35's on them without a lift.
Attached Images
 
Reply With Quote
  #8  
Old 01-04-2007, 10:23 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

^^^ NICE PIC!!! ^^^

Yeah I was very pleased with the stance given by just adding the Truxx leveling kit. I very much like the looks of the vehicle itself, but have never been a huge fan of GM cars but willing to give everything a try at least once. I was also discouraged by the lack of power, but not a huge factor since I drive slow, and prefer 4x4 capability as opposed to speed.

One Q. Has anybody installed either the Dashworks or Predator SC, your experience thus far, and maybe for the gurus, will this have any effect on stock internals? Can they handle it?

Thanks for the feedback guys, and I will hopefully be driving one home tonite.

Reply With Quote
  #9  
Old 01-04-2007, 10:38 PM
Anti-BlInG's Avatar
Anti-BlInG Anti-BlInG is offline
Hummer Veteran
 
Join Date: May 2006
Posts: 223
Anti-BlInG is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Driving one home tonight!!!!!!

Veryyy cool. I have also never been a big GM fan, but after purchasing and driving my h3 19000 miles. Im a huge fan. Its a great suv.
__________________
"because chrome wont getcha home."
Reply With Quote
  #10  
Old 01-05-2007, 05:50 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

This is going to be a long entry. So I apologize in advance.

Well I test drove it last nite, I was very pleased. It is an 06 black on black leather, all luxury amenities, except navigation (not worried about it), and has the locking rear diffand a sunroof (woo hoo). Only 8K miles too. It wasn't as gutless as I expected and it drove more like a car than a truck which was also pleasing. I didn't come home with it last night only because I am letting him stew on the price he's going to have to give me and I have some research to do. They were asking $26,500 for it. He only would budge to $25.5K last night.

My lovely salesman tossed up the idea that he was throwing in a Factory 100K mile extended warranty for free worth over $2K. Ok this was my thoughts. When I bought my wife her Audi A4 the guy then said he was going to sell me the 100K warranty for $1500, and it was worth $2200. Well when I talked to AoA, they said Audi of America is giving that warranty and it a dealer can only charge you $600 for that. Needless to say thats what I ended up paying. Does anyone know GMs policy or cost of extended warranties, before I play phone games all day trying to find out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway I told him $24K cash out the door with warranty and Truxx leveling kit installed and walked out so I could research his claims about the warranty before I did anything. I think I have a bit of an upper hand because I am paying cash and not financing anything. Do you guys think that this is a fair deal, my offer? Let me know. I want to join the H3 fam!!

Edit: Get this, he said "but it has 19's on it!" hahaha I told him to take them off and sell it to the next blinged out soccer mom who comes in, and you can put it on 4 spray painted black spares for all I care because it was getting some black 15" steelies first thing when I drive away. I just hope I can find the combo and offset that will clear those brakes. I just had to say it though, you should have seen his face.

Last edited by stagger_lee : 01-05-2007 at 06:06 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #11  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:09 PM
The Green Lantern The Green Lantern is offline
Hummer Guru
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 2,976
The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by stagger_lee
This is going to be a long entry. So I apologize in advance.

Well I test drove it last nite, I was very pleased. It is an 06 black on black leather, all luxury amenities, except navigation (not worried about it), and has the locking rear diffand a sunroof (woo hoo). Only 8K miles too. It wasn't as gutless as I expected and it drove more like a car than a truck which was also pleasing. I didn't come home with it last night only because I am letting him stew on the price he's going to have to give me and I have some research to do. They were asking $26,500 for it. He only would budge to $25.5K last night.

My lovely salesman tossed up the idea that he was throwing in a Factory 100K mile extended warranty for free worth over $2K. Ok this was my thoughts. When I bought my wife her Audi A4 the guy then said he was going to sell me the 100K warranty for $1500, and it was worth $2200. Well when I talked to AoA, they said Audi of America is giving that warranty and it a dealer can only charge you $600 for that. Needless to say thats what I ended up paying. Does anyone know GMs policy or cost of extended warranties, before I play phone games all day trying to find out? It would be greatly appreciated.

Anyway I told him $24K cash out the door with warranty and Truxx leveling kit installed and walked out so I could research his claims about the warranty before I did anything. I think I have a bit of an upper hand because I am paying cash and not financing anything. Do you guys think that this is a fair deal, my offer? Let me know. I want to join the H3 fam!!

Edit: Get this, he said "but it has 19's on it!" hahaha I told him to take them off and sell it to the next blinged out soccer mom who comes in, because it was getting some black 15" steelies first thing when I drive away. I just hope I can find the combo offset that well clear those brakes. I just had to say it though, you should have seen his face.


Sorry, I not much help but I would recommend you to post this in General Discussion section so others can see it.
Reply With Quote
  #12  
Old 01-05-2007, 06:52 PM
stagger_lee's Avatar
stagger_lee stagger_lee is offline
Hummer Expert
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Southern Cali
Posts: 652
stagger_lee is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

Will do.
Reply With Quote
  #13  
Old 01-06-2007, 07:10 AM
westhillsat's Avatar
westhillsat westhillsat is offline
Hummer Authority
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: Mississippi
Posts: 1,776
westhillsat is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Wheres the FAQ? Newbie here, looking for info.

These H3's and the H2 probably would say the lockers work fine

Name:  _23_00069 (Small).jpg
Views: 78
Size:  34.3 KB
__________________
Black Sheep Hummer Squadron
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 10:09 AM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.0.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.