H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Photos of YOUR H2

Old 05-03-2012, 07:54 PM
Hummer Veteran

21sH2 is on a distinguished road
Default Method Race Wheels and Toyos!

Hey all, haven't really posted or modded the truck in a while but since school just let out i thought id get at it. Got myself some Method Race Wheels "Standards" and Toyo MT 35s. I sprayed the faux beadlock bolts red. Planning on adding quite a few mods very soon. Rear tailguards came in yesterday but havent been painted or mounted. Still planning on buying locking fuel door, rear tow hooks for spare tire delete, HIDs, and tinting lights. My metal fab buddy is gonna build me a beefy brushguard as well for the cost of a 18 pack. Let me know what you think!

Old 05-07-2012, 12:30 AM
Hummer Authority

Bimmer9938 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Method Race Wheels and Toyos!

You need something else to coordinate with those red bolts... maybe a stripe?
Old 05-07-2012, 01:27 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Needs a lift.

Stacy
Old 05-07-2012, 01:26 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I like it as is, but a very thin red pin stripe down the side would set off the red wheel bolts. Keith did the black wheels on his black SUT several years ago and did the wheel beadlock bolts in silver with a silver pinstripe just over the door handles that extended into the groove on the side of the SUT bed. He's not a member of this forum,but I'm sure there's a picture of it somewhere in one of the Lynch Hummer outings.
Old 05-08-2012, 03:26 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

the wheels are very nice, maybe a possibility for me. Do the bolt heads come out at all or are they not removable?
Old 05-09-2012, 04:31 AM
Hummer Veteran

LoJac963 - yes the bolts are removable.

devilsfan - I have about an inch of clearance to get into my garage or I would love to put a lift on it.

I just removed the spare tire yesterday and getting my rear tow hooks and tail guards sprayed red next week. Tomorrow I'm going to get some measurements so I can draw up a license plate mount in CAD and have a buddy of mine plasma cut it this weekend.

I'm planning on also spraying a few other parts red as well, including deciding whether or not to spray the brushguard a buddy is building me all red or black. Not sure whether having the brushguard red will be too much. What do you guys think?
Old 05-09-2012, 11:04 AM
Hummer Expert

LoJac963 is on a distinguished road

cool, thank for the info. Do you have a small lift, tbars cranked with spacers? I'm curious because you said there is only an inch of clearance for the garage. I'm thinking about keys and spacers along with 37's for mine but I don't know if I'll still be able to get in the garage. I have roughly 4-5 inches of room to play with (that includes the roof cross bars)
Old 05-10-2012, 09:52 AM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LoJac963
cool, thank for the info. Do you have a small lift, tbars cranked with spacers? I'm curious because you said there is only an inch of clearance for the garage. I'm thinking about keys and spacers along with 37's for mine but I don't know if I'll still be able to get in the garage. I have roughly 4-5 inches of room to play with (that includes the roof cross bars)

I turned the torsion screws a couple times a long time ago. I doubt i'd fit into my garage if i swaped to green keys and a rear spacer. I also have my roof bars on but I only have 35x12.50r17s Toyo MTs.
Old 05-15-2012, 04:49 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bimmer9938
You need something else to coordinate with those red bolts... maybe a stripe?

I agree. Red on black is a hard combo to pull off w/ class. I think Id do pinstripes on the vertical side of the hood (between the hood vent and fenders). Continue that line under the windows and striaght back to the rear of the truck.

I'm not sure I would paint any single part solid red. Little subtle red highlights will look more like it was designed that way, Not that you just bought some part of the shelf and bolted it on.

Possibly the side vents. Painting the inside of the vents- not the outside face of it. The HUMMER letters in on the upper front grill. Not sure what the ass end of your rig looks like...but I'm sure you get what I'm saying. Maybe the bolts only on the tow hooks.

I'd offer you some more ideas, but my rig is still in development in Area 51 and I dont want to see my ideas on anyone elses rig untill mine is complete
Old 05-15-2012, 02:35 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by [__--MUD--__]
I agree. Red on black is a hard combo to pull off w/ class. I think Id do pinstripes on the vertical side of the hood (between the hood vent and fenders). Continue that line under the windows and striaght back to the rear of the truck...

Quote:
Originally Posted by HummerJim
I like it as is, but a very thin red pin stripe down the side would set off the red wheel bolts. Keith did the black wheels on his black SUT several years ago and did the wheel beadlock bolts in silver with a silver pinstripe just over the door handles that extended into the groove on the side of the SUT bed. He's not a member of this forum,but I'm sure there's a picture of it somewhere in one of the Lynch Hummer outings.

My grandfather would have loved you guys...the man would put pin stripes on a lawn mower. LOL!
Old 05-20-2012, 06:41 AM
Hummer Novice

Crush'em is on a distinguished road

One of my favorite trucks...

Jim's truck always looked good with the black and red. I've got similar wheels and had already had the bolts powder coated yellow. I also played with the idea of running Mickey Thompson Classic locks in black with a yellow beadlock ring.

I'd keep the body black, and just have your taillight guards and front brush guard done in red to match your wheel bolts. Might do the roof rack bars if you want to go that far...
37"x13.5"x20" Toyo Open Country MT's, 20x10 Method Racing 301's, Fox 2.0 Performance Series Shocks, Truxx Level kit, color matched grill, (Almost) all chrome removed, Removeable U-steps, Factory All weather mats, Gobi flip-up front plate, Factory brush guard
Old 05-20-2012, 02:07 PM
Hummer Authority

guruerror is on a distinguished road

To each his own...but that color scheme is just way to A-Team for me.
Old 05-21-2012, 02:57 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crush'em
One of my favorite trucks...

Jim's truck always looked good with the black and red. I've got similar wheels and had already had the bolts powder coated yellow. I also played with the idea of running Mickey Thompson Classic locks in black with a yellow beadlock ring.

I'd keep the body black, and just have your taillight guards and front brush guard done in red to match your wheel bolts. Might do the roof rack bars if you want to go that far...

Constructive critique here... That is a very poor job of selecting parts for complimentary color. When I look at that, it looks like its a aftermarket manufacturer advertisment highlighting their parts for sale. It does not look factory or that any thought was put into it other than selecting a part off the shelf and bolting it on.
Old 05-22-2012, 11:27 PM
Hummer Veteran

Stellar is off the scale

IMO the beadlock bolts need to be black along with your future brushguard. Keep it clean and leave the pin stripping off as well.
2" wheel spacers
In Tune I2, Air Raid Filter, Air Raid MIT, throttle body bypass, straight pipe exhaust
Cognito UCAs. Kryptonite UCA ball joints. Kryptonite tie rods. Kryptonite death grip Idler. Moog HD pitman.
5.13 gears. E-locker front
Bilstein stabilizer