H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 06-19-2009, 04:24 PM
Hummer Authority

Viet Nam Vette is an unknown quantity at this point
Default The Old XM In And Out ....I'm Going Nuts...!!

The Old XM In And Out... I'm Going Nuts.!!! I have a 2007 H3. It has Factory Nav Radio. When the dealer ordered it they left off the XM Option. It has pretty much all the Goodies. When I bought it off the floor I had them install the XM Option.

Now The Factory Version uses the Sharks fin antenna which combines XM... OnStar ...and the Cell Phone all in one. The dealer add on uses an XM Module which plugs into the Nav radio and uses a 3" square magnetic mount XM antenna stuck on the roof in front of the moon roof and behind the Amber Marker lamps.

The wire runs under the marker lamp housing out thu the body top weather striping and then back into the lowere body weather stripping and into the A piller and down somewhere behind the dash.

Sorry to take so long to get to the problem.

Now for the last 2.5 years the XM has worked fine. As of last week it started dropping out and coming back....sometimes losing the signal all together. It would then go into the "XM loading mode and then come back.

I have refreshed the radio and it still does the same thing.. I have moved the antenna and still the same problem....in and out . Sometimes it will stay on for about 3 min and then start drooping out again.

The weather over the east coast has been bad over the last week. Have any of you in the Northeast section of the country had drop out problems.?

I also have 2009 Vette. I have had minor drop out off and on with that too but not as bad as with the HUMMER. The Vette has a Factory XM with the antenna in the windshield.

Now ..I called XM and they said there Sat is just dandy. Also if any of you remember last year, they had a drop out problem and didn't tell anyone untill it was fixed. If was the same symptoms.

So after all this text...What I'm asking is ..am I the only one with thes drop out problem in the New Jersey Area or Northeast and are you having the same problem?

My dealer is 70 miles away
Old 06-19-2009, 06:27 PM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale
Default Re: The Old XM In And Out ....I'm Going Nuts...!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
The Old XM In And Out... I'm Going Nuts.!!! I have a 2007 H3. It has Factory Nav Radio. When the dealer ordered it they left off the XM Option. It has pretty much all the Goodies. When I bought it off the floor I had them install the XM Option.

Now The Factory Version uses the Sharks fin antenna which combines XM... OnStar ...and the Cell Phone all in one. The dealer add on uses an XM Module which plugs into the Nav radio and uses a 3" square magnetic mount XM antenna stuck on the roof in front of the moon roof and behind the Amber Marker lamps.

The wire runs under the marker lamp housing out thu the body top weather striping and then back into the lowere body weather stripping and into the A piller and down somewhere behind the dash.

Sorry to take so long to get to the problem.

Now for the last 2.5 years the XM has worked fine. As of last week it started dropping out and coming back....sometimes losing the signal all together. It would then go into the "XM loading mode and then come back.

I have refreshed the radio and it still does the same thing.. I have moved the antenna and still the same problem....in and out . Sometimes it will stay on for about 3 min and then start drooping out again.

The weather over the east coast has been bad over the last week. Have any of you in the Northeast section of the country had drop out problems.?

I also have 2009 Vette. I have had minor drop out off and on with that too but not as bad as with the HUMMER. The Vette has a Factory XM with the antenna in the windshield.

Now ..I called XM and they said there Sat is just dandy. Also if any of you remember last year, they had a drop out problem and didn't tell anyone untill it was fixed. If was the same symptoms.

So after all this text...What I'm asking is ..am I the only one with thes drop out problem in the New Jersey Area or Northeast and are you having the same problem?

My dealer is 70 miles away

Same issue in my 08 H2 in upstate NY. ***

Note I have the following Facotry XM radios as well in my other cars with no issues.
1-08 Escalade
2-07 Lotus Exige S
3-08 Saturn Sky
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 06-19-2009, 09:21 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
Same issue in my 08 H2 in upstate NY. ***

Note I have the following Facotry XM radios as well in my other cars with no issues.
1-08 Escalade
2-07 Lotus Exige S
3-08 Saturn Sky

Are they all dropping in and out? If so XM are Lying MF'ers... Telling me their's nothing wrong with there sat. I bet some space aleins put a hex on it
Old 06-21-2009, 01:37 AM
Hummer Professional

BACKNBLACK is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet Nam Vette
Are they all dropping in and out? If so XM are Lying MF'ers... Telling me their's nothing wrong with there sat. I bet some space aleins put a hex on it
'

NOPE, ONLY the H2. All 3 of My H3's did the Same thing. Im not sure why however I had the Factory Nav units in all of them and I have heard from Hummer Techs that the Factory Hummer Nav units have XM interference issues.
Hope this helps.
_peter
Number# 11 2007 H3x Desert Orange

SOLD BUT NOT FORGOTTON
1995 H1 350 HT GAS Black
2001 H1 Open Top Black
2004 H2 SUV Yellow
2004 H2 SUV Black
2005 H2 SUT Black
2006 H3 ADV Black
2006 H3 ADV RED
2007 H3x Desert Orange
2008 H2 Black/Sedona
2009 H3T Alpha Solar Flare
Old 06-21-2009, 05:20 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by BACKNBLACK
'

NOPE, ONLY the H2. All 3 of My H3's did the Same thing. Im not sure why however I had the Factory Nav units in all of them and I have heard from Hummer Techs that the Factory Hummer Nav units have XM interference issues.
Hope this helps.
_peter

Thanks B&B,
Haven't heard that one about the factory navs. However as I stated the XM is received thru the Shark Fin on the factory NAV XM equiped units. That antenna is on the far right or passenger side roof.

The after market one that I have with my NAV is that 3 inch square magnetic job mounted in the center front that has seemed to work fine for the last 2.5 years.

Yesterday I went out in the pouring rain to the store. Didn't drop out once even under wet tree's with soaked leaves. This was about 20 min.

Then latter that night I went out for Pizza and it started dropping out again... Go Figure.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:39 PM
Hummer Veteran

lamric is off the scale

Your XM antenna may be giving up the ghost. I had one go out on me in an aftermarket unit and it gave similar symptoms.
Old 06-22-2009, 10:58 PM
Hummer Authority

Quote:
Originally Posted by lamric
Your XM antenna may be giving up the ghost. I had one go out on me in an aftermarket unit and it gave similar symptoms.

I"m gonna shoot by my Motor sports guy and have him check it out. He quoted me $100..with the new anntena installed. This way if it does the same thing it's on him. I could probably rip the panels off and repace it my self but it's still raining here.