H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-25-2006, 12:20 AM

rodster is off the scale

Look who just posted #500.
Old 01-25-2006, 12:48 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I didn't notice that! Whoopee!

Sean
Old 01-25-2006, 02:46 AM
Hummer Guru

HummBebe is an unknown quantity at this point

WooooHoooo!
Old 01-25-2006, 02:47 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TuxifieD:
bondage hit me up in pm, im really excited about this trip, need to ensure I get all the info and the go from you

Rodster, thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can scoop you up on I-5! Somewhere in Fresno - ish???
Old 01-25-2006, 03:20 AM

rodster is off the scale

At the risk of getting this thread back on topic ...

Sean, do you think we'll have reason to air down? Any super soft and deep sand?

Santa brought me a new inflation gizmo but not sure if I should bring it.
Old 01-25-2006, 05:11 AM
Hummer Veteran

TuxifieD is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TuxifieD:
bondage hit me up in pm, im really excited about this trip, need to ensure I get all the info and the go from you

Rodster, thanks for the help </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

We can scoop you up on I-5! Somewhere in Fresno - ish??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Thats cool with me, anywhere in the central valley is good, I guess that means you guys can count me in on the trip?
Old 01-25-2006, 02:58 PM
Hummer Guru

Quahogs wearing Merkins
Old 01-25-2006, 03:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
At the risk of getting this thread back on topic ...

Sean, do you think we'll have reason to air down? Any super soft and deep sand?

Santa brought me a new inflation gizmo but not sure if I should bring it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bring it, with this many truck and the location of this run, you can never go wrong with having something and never using it.
Old 01-25-2006, 04:39 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jnstitz:

Bring it, with this many truck and the location of this run, you can never go wrong with having something and never using it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Excellent point and I like the way you think. Over-prepared is a good thing but I do have a tendency to go overboard. After loading spare parts, recovery gear, fluids and tools, I don't have much room left for personal items.
Old 01-25-2006, 06:19 PM

Bondage is off the scale

I HIGHLY recommend airing down for this run. There are some rocks to crawl over and LOTS of sand - the deep blowing powdery stuff. I actually ran the whole road the first time without airing down. It was so much easier the second time at about 25psi.

Sean
Old 01-25-2006, 06:39 PM

Bondage is off the scale

I have bad news on the TuxifieD front. NPS says that, since I hold the permit for this run, any participant under the age of 18 would need to be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian - or have a signed waiver from a parent or legal guardian, in which case they would be MY responsibility. Tux seems like a great guy - but I can't take on that responsibilty.

Oh well, hopefully we will get to know him on another run somewhere sometime soon. He has a lot of respect from me for all he has accomplished at the ripe old age of 16 and I WOULD like to meet him and wheel with him. It just ain't practical at this time, on this run.

Sean
Old 01-25-2006, 06:48 PM

rodster is off the scale

TuxifieD -- hope to catch you on another run where Uncle Sam doesn't have his long arm around us.

Sean -- 25 psi it is. My Staun deflators are already calibrated. Now I just gotta get the C02 tank filled.

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:02 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
TuxifieD -- hope to catch you on another run where Uncle Sam doesn't have his long arm around us.

Sean -- 25 psi it is. My Staun deflators are already calibrated. Now I just gotta get the C02 tank filled.

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

NO WAY!!!??? PhilD is DA MAN! By the way - we'll do the drawing at the campsite Saturday night, k? Then all you pansified, spoiled, Bun Boy Motel staying, desert night avoiding, snake fearing, scared of the dark, breakfast addicted, good night's rest requiring, needy, poofy bed lovers will not be present. You need to be present to win, right?

Sean
Old 01-25-2006, 07:26 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

PhilD and Trail Duty are one and the same??? I didn't know that.

Very cool Phil, thank you!

I bought my Gobi from him cause it was $500 cheaper than any other place. Nice to know he's a good guy on top of it.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:29 PM
Hummer Authority

Racer-X is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> By the way - we'll do the drawing at the campsite Saturday night, k? Then all you pansified, spoiled, Bun Boy Motel staying, desert night avoiding, snake fearing, scared of the dark, breakfast addicted, good night's rest requiring, needy, poofy bed lovers will not be present. You need to be present to win, right? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMAO!!! Works for me!
Old 01-25-2006, 07:43 PM
Hummer Guru

Everybody -- A heavy box just arrived from Trail Duty. Trail Duty was kind enough to donate some recovery gear to be given away as door prizes. Stand by ... I'll post pics in a little bit! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

PhilD!!!! Thank you. And I think the key word is "Door Prize" here guys....not "coldhardsleepingonthegroundwithrockssticksbugsand dirt" prize.
Old 01-25-2006, 07:45 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">poofy bed lovers </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hey, I resemble that remark.
Old 01-25-2006, 08:09 PM

rodster is off the scale

You guys are hooligans!

Not that this is particularly relevant to you Californiates but, I'm the newly-appointed/volunteered Hummer X Club coordinator in Nevada. Trail Duty is the official sponsor for the HXC. Because the NV HXC chapter is involved in this event AND mostly because all you left-coasters are really cool people, Phil volunteered the door prizes. Here's what we have ...

Two recovery kits. Each includes a Trail Duty gear bag, two 3/4" shackles, a pair of leather-faced gloves, a folding shovel and a 3"x30' recovery strap. MSRP each kit: $169.

We also have 4 sets of 3/4" shackles to give away and two Trail Duty T-shirts.

Since random prizes are only good for a few, the Nevada chapter of the Hummer X Club is also gathering a few other prize goodies to ensure everybody goes home with a souvenir or two.

As the event gets closer we'll figure out the conditions and time/place for prize awards. I'm pretty sure it won't be near a late night campfire!

Thanks, Phil!
Attached Images

Old 01-25-2006, 08:27 PM
Hummer Guru

You guys are hooligans!

Not that this is particularly relevant to you Californiates but, I'm the newly-appointed/volunteered Hummer X Club coordinator in Nevada. Trail Duty is the official sponsor for the HXC. Because the NV HXC chapter is involved in this event AND mostly because all you left-coasters are really cool people, Phil volunteered the door prizes. Here's what we have ...

Two recovery kits. Each includes a Trail Duty gear bag, two 3/4" shackles, a pair of leather-faced gloves, a folding shovel and a 3"x30' recovery strap. MSRP each kit: $169.

We also have 4 sets of 3/4" shackles to give away and two Trail Duty T-shirts.

Since random prizes are only good for a few, the Nevada chapter of the Hummer X Club is also gathering a few other prize goodies to ensure everybody goes home with a souvenir or two.

As the event gets closer we'll figure out the conditions and time/place for prize awards. I'm pretty sure it won't be near a late night campfire!

Thanks, Phil! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OOOOOH that recovery kit sure would look nice in the BeBe Rhino!!!
Old 01-25-2006, 08:39 PM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummBebe:
OOOOOH that recovery kit sure would look nice in the BeBe Rhino!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes it would! (And BTW, I really like your truck!)

I once tugged a stuck truck out of deep sand using this exact gear. It's serious stuff -- the strap has a 30,000 pound breaking strength.