H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 05-04-2005, 07:33 PM

Thai is off the scale

Ya know, last time i checked, Rubicons don't have much problems in Utah. Also, can a Rubicon make it across Hell's Revenge, etc.?? YES. Basically, Rubicon can pretty much go anywhere an H2 can...but the reverse is not true. And it's not just tight spots...just the fact that it has lockers front and rear puts it ahead of H2. Now, add in the ultra-sweet crawl ratio. There's no competition.

So, yes, it is in a class of it's own. I know that you guys love your H2 and think the world of it, but you guys need to be fair here. Rubicon is NOT a Jeep Liberty or Grand Cherokee.
Old 05-04-2005, 07:52 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
Ya know, last time i checked, Rubicons don't have much problems in Utah. Also, can a Rubicon make it across Hell's Revenge, etc.?? YES. Basically, Rubicon can pretty much go anywhere an H2 can...but the reverse is not true. And it's not just tight spots...just the fact that it has lockers front and rear puts it ahead of H2. Now, add in the ultra-sweet crawl ratio. There's no competition.

So, yes, it is in a class of it's own. I know that you guys love your H2 and think the world of it, but you guys need to be fair here. Rubicon is NOT a Jeep Liberty or Grand Cherokee. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I was being fair. I didn't say Hell's Revenge, I said Hell's Gate and I didn't say it couldn't do it, I said it was more dangerous in the Rubicon because of its short wheelbase and narrower stance. It's obvious you don't even want to give the H2 its due, so lets call a spade a spade. I'd rather go up Tip Over Challenge in an H2 over a Rubicon, lockers or not, just on the safety factor alone. Or how about Roaring Fork at Kinzalows? 3-4 feet of fast moving water just might sweep those sweet lockers out from under you.

Jeeps have their ground, we have ours. Accept it.

Dave
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-04-2005, 08:37 PM

Thai is off the scale

Dude, cool down. It's not that i don't give H2 their dues...remember, i said that the Rubicon is better than G-wagen in off-roading.

How reliable is a locker in the front of the H2?? Long term durability?

If i arrange something over the next month or so, then can you guys come with us??
Old 05-04-2005, 08:40 PM

Thai is off the scale

BTW, very nice pics!! Thanks for sharing!
Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Expert

NoMoGMPG is an unknown quantity at this point

Having a locker survive in any vehicle is up to the driver. I've seen many locked Dana 44's go boom because of bad driving technique. Did you think the D44 was initially designed with a locker? Noooo... Lockers came about out of need and want. Only recently did they start becoming options in current production vehicles. I think Pinzgauer was the first way back with its hydraulic lockers. Anyway, it gets tiring when fanboys simply won't acknowledge strengths in competitors or the weaknesses in their object of affection.
1999 AMGeneral H1 6.5TD BLACK Wagon e-Lockers Front and Back, Rubberduck4x4 RockTubes, Extended Undercarriage Protection,"Big Duck" 2" body lift/2 1/2" suspension lift, 41" IROK Radials on 17" Cepeks w/Rock Rims, (in process)Centered front diff, 3.08 gears, 12k Brakes and 12k halfshafts
Old 05-04-2005, 08:54 PM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I've got nothing against Jeeps and I love wheeling with their owners. I think the Rubi has great offroad DNA and makes an incredibly capable platform but stock vs. stock it will not walk away from an H2. (assuming both have capable drivers)

Offroad: Yes, the front locker helps, the solid axle is a wash since it doesn't articulate well in stock form (obviously the capability is there though with additional suspension mods). 31 inch tires are weak.

The other 95% of the time: You're left with some big short comings. Where do you put the family? Gear, coolers, camping? How do I tow my boat? How do I take out clients in a 2 door? I'm 6'4", It feels like driving a go-cart.

The H2 just works better for me Overall!

If all you want is offroad performance, get a trail rig. For 6K you can get a baddass old Yota (I like 85 4Runners -last year of Solid axle, first year of fuel injection), CJ, K5 etc that will make the H2 and Rubicon look plain silly ofroad.

We can and do "get along". Come wheel with us. Bring your G500 or feel free to ride along with me. I'll show what an H2 is capable of.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2005, 12:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

<span class="ev_code_RED">Thai-Sexual,</span>

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Thai:
You guys are poking fun at the Jeep Liberty. Granted, most Jeeps suck the big one...posers. However, i doubt that the Jeep Rubicon is one of them.<span class="ev_code_RED">Most Rubicons I've seen have never hit gravel. </span>

IMHO, i don't see the H2 being in the same class as the Rubicon in off-roading...size & weight alone put the Rubicon ahead. Then you add in Dana 44 solid axles front & rear with gear-based lockers (and rear gear-LSD) and it's not even a fair fight. <span class="ev_code_RED">Funny, those were a few of the main reasons the U.S. Military dumped the Jeep.</span>

BTW, to be fair, i don't consider my G500 to be in the same class as Rubicon either. Rubi has the perfect size with a great off-roading powertrain (amazing crawl ratio, torquey engine)...it's made for off-roading, unlike our rigs, which compromises on-road and off-road ride.<span class="ev_code_RED">I'm so sick of idiots talking about size. I know areas where Jeeps won't fit either! BFD! Trails or logging roads were not tailored for Jeeps. DO YOU HAVE ANY ACTION PICS OF YOUR ....ERRRR....COUGH......G500? </span>

My brother has a Rubicon. We went off-roading in CO last year...i did about 85-90% of the stuff that he went on...but i would not say that mine was better on anything. Sure, i had a more comfy ride with a better stereo system, but that's about it. Capability-wise, i don't see anything matching the Rubi on the trails. Modifications are cheap and just around the corner too!<span class="ev_code_RED">Obviously your brother never tested it's real limits. Or mabye your brother was taking it easy(very easy) on you since you're driving in such a prissy chariot.</span>

On-road, anything can beat the Rubicon...but in off-roading, Rubis are in a class of one. </div></BLOCKQUOTE><span class="ev_code_RED">You can't compare with the H2, different class. Now **** off.</span>

BTW, A Toyota Tacoma (STOCK) can easily out perform a Rubicon in so many ways. Both can only sit two people with limited gear. Well not the Taco, I mean the Rubi has non-exsistant cargo area.

Until you've gone where H2's have gone, you can only speculate. That's not good enough. I highly doubt you'll have the balls to wheel with the TEXANS. Prove me wrong.

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-05-2005, 01:35 AM

Thai is off the scale

Dennis, boy, someone has a complex!!

I would bet that more Rubicon owners off-road than H2's.

So, are you saying military jeeps of old days had Dana 44 and lockers at both ends?? Wow...you gotta love what you learn thru the internet these days...sarcasm! Hint: you're full of it.

Yeah, i don't off-road at all...i just talk out of my a$$.

Oh yeah, i am so jealous of H2's...my G-wagen cannot compare at all! H2's are the best in the whole wide world! (Sarcasm again FYI)

Sissy chariot?? That is too funny! I won't even start cracking jokes about H2...there are plenty...just do a google search!

Tacoma vs. Rubicon...i love your explanation. H2 cargo space must be great for carrying spare tie rods! What planet are you on?? Oh wait, you're Canadian. (Just kidding.)

Your post is too funny...the stuff you said gets dumb and dumber. I gotta save your post for future reference!

Dude, can't you read bud?? I said that i would LOVE to go out with Texan H2 group.

Picture is of Imogene Pass in Colorado.
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2005, 02:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

PhillyPhreak is off the scale

I have to agree with Thai on a few things....My 97 tj with 5 1/2 of lift lockers and a ford 8.8 rear was a beast off-road....I've driven rubi's and they are pretty capable stock ( I prefer a little lift) The new longer wheel based rubi is what I would buy if I were in the market for a new jeep.
Old 05-05-2005, 04:35 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Where did you hack that photo from? Benzworld?

That looks HARDCORD! Nice try Mr. ****tybeef.

Is THAT why you come to an H2 Forum to try and justify your neighbor's Dodge G500? Your subtle but obvious stabs at the H2?

The members here can easily afford a Rubi. But why would most of us want to lose comfort, space, stability, looks, cargo, to name a few. Rubicon is nice but a different class. Don't compare.

BTW. If you wheel with the Texans, by the looks of it, you'll have to drop out when the gravel road ends.

Get us a REAL picture of your ride. Don't steal someone else's POS picture.

My other vehicle is a Mercedes CL500(I always feel like I've downgraded when I drive it) and I DO belong to that club.What's your member name on Benzworld? Care to share that?

I already know you're a lying ****bag trying to stir the pot.

Still haven't proved me wrong and I expect you won't be.

My Video Collectionez

Old 05-05-2005, 10:11 AM

Thai is off the scale

Dennis, how many times are you going to put your foot in your mouth?? Are you retarded?? You make other Canadians look bad! You know, i don't insult you...why are you so insulting to me?? You give Hummer owners a bad name.

The picture is from Benzworld.org because your forum does not let me post big pictures (see my link below). So, i had to post them first on benzworld (which resizes automatically) and then link it here.

Here are some more pictures from my trip to Colorado:

My Colorado Pictures

As you can see, my G500 was stock when i did those Passes in Colorado in 9/04. I am pretty much still stock now except for new rims and tires.

DO YOU NEED ANY OTHER PROOF?? Kiss my a$$.

Since you're on Benzworld.org, why don't you do a SEARCH with my name, "Thai".

Dodge G500?! What does Dodge have to do with G500?? G500 is military-grade and purely original with heritage. READ UP ON G500 before posting...please!

BTW, do you know where the H2 came from??!! Hint: CHEVY. Yeah, i am jealous of that "heritage."

You are embarrassing the members of this forum with your stupid accusations and antics! Let's see, so far, i have proven you WRONG at every turn.

Thanks for the great laugh. Keep it coming.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:19 AM

Thai is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
IMHO, i don't see the H2 being in the same class as the Rubicon in off-roading...size & weight alone put the Rubicon ahead. Then you add in Dana 44 solid axles front & rear with gear-based lockers (and rear gear-LSD) and it's not even a fair fight. <span class="ev_code_RED">Funny, those were a few of the main reasons the U.S. Military dumped the Jeep.</span> </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Dennis, are you saying that Military jeep wranglers in WWII had Dana 44 axles and lockers?? Ya know, that's what you wrote.

Care to share the PROOF behind your statements??!!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DennisAJC:
BTW, A Toyota Tacoma (STOCK) can easily out perform a Rubicon in so many ways. Both can only sit two people with limited gear. Well not the Taco, I mean the Rubi has non-exsistant cargo area. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So, based on your words, a Tacoma is better than Rubicon because of cargo capacity?? That's your only criteria?? You know, a minivan must be better than Tacoma for the same reason!

Your total lack of knowledge in off-roading is clearly showing. Show me where else the Tacoma is superior to Rubicon??

You're embarrassing yourself...if i were you, then i would run and hide under a rock.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:40 AM

maz is off the scale

Hey PhilD,

Now I am offended. I happen to be one of those Pimp Your Ride guys wo simply enjoys my H2 for differant reasons soem some others do. I think it all boils down to why one bought to begin with. Becuase of my career and the amount of time travelling the four corners of the world, I know I do not enjoy half of what the vehicle has to offer. However I bought mine to drive around, shine it, drive it around a little more. I have an '04 with 207 miles on it. Granted I do not drive it as much as I like. But it sure makes my garage look nice.

of my <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
There's plenty of people here with respect for Jeeper's that wheel. There is an anti H2 feeling among certain Jeep owners, mainly the ones with tires so big there is no room for any articulation in the wheel well, etc. Obviously, that creates a backlash towards such people.

Just as not all Jeep folks are not like that, not all H2's are Pimp My Ride mall queens.

Here's some pics from our last outing, there were as many Jeep's as H2's and everyone got along just great;

http://www.*******club.com/events/050430/index.html </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 05-05-2005, 11:47 AM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

maz-

Boo hoo. So sorry you're offended.

No really.

Shouldn't you be off to one of the corners now? Buh bye.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:49 AM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

[quote]Originally posted by maz:
Hey PhilD,

Now I am offended. I happen to be one of those Pimp Your Ride guys wo simply enjoys my H2 for differant reasons soem some others do. I think it all boils down to why one bought to begin with. Becuase of my career and the amount of time travelling the four corners of the world, I know I do not enjoy half of what the vehicle has to offer. However I bought mine to drive around, shine it, drive it around a little more. I have an '04 with 207 miles on it. Granted I do not drive it as much as I like. But it sure makes my garage look nice.

of my [quote]

Bling on mang, Bling on!!!!
Attached Images

Old 05-05-2005, 11:53 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

What makes me sick about this thread is the guy keeps calling it a G500. Your just making your military heritaged vehicle sound wimpy. Call it what it is. Galandewagen.