H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-17-2004, 05:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold Mc Bain:
Plus I have never met my grandparents. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It shouldn't be too tough to track down someone with the last name of McBain/Stubtoe.

Would you like some help? Should we send the info to you on Turner Court?
Old 12-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold Mc Bain:

It shouldn't be too tough to track down someone with the last name of McBain/Stubtoe.

Would you like some help? Should we send the info to you on Turner Court? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All public info.

Arnold McBain
33 Turner Court
Petaluma, California 94952
707-762-8513
Old 12-17-2004, 05:47 AM
Banned

Wheelin is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by DRTYFN:

Would you like some help? Should we send the info to you on Turner Court? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

All public info.

Arnold McBain
33 Turner Court
Petaluma, California 94952
707-762-8513
Old 12-17-2004, 06:13 AM

Arnold McBain is off the scale

Seriously, is that the best you guys can do? Why waste your time with pointless ad hominem attacks that prove nothing but that you don't have a better argument? I think the worst unprovoked comment I made here is "don't flatter yourselves."

Sure, I can give as good as I get (better in most cases), but I'd rather save us all keystrokes and just ignore or only point out the pointless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sideshow:
I fought for this country and will drive WHATEVER I damn well please. I have that right and NOBODY is going to take it from me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please make a bumper sticker of this for your Hummer. Actually, you don't have to since that's precisely what the Hummer says all on its own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BIGT:
A 1988 Honda? Not even an American car. A Jap piece of ****? And an old one at that! What kind of commie are you? That import dumps out more toxins’s than new H2 does. Why not by a Saturn or something more eco-acceptable? Now why don't you tell me what you do for our wonderful world and how many people you employ and provide a living for? Or should I assume that our country provides for your feeble existence? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Honda's can typically go 300,000 miles. Mine gets 30-35 mpg. Just got it smogged under the toughest standards in the country (California's), which certainly have been tougher than those for SUVs (I think they're finally toughening them from this year, though, finally). But you're right, I can do better and will, once this thing finally calls it quits and I'll buy a Prius or something (natch ;-)

As far as your ideas of foreign economies harming America and American jobs, you might want to look at the facts. America and especially the Japanese economies are so interdependent that we both bleed from the same cut. The last thing America wants is for Japan to start having to call in its loans (i.e,. bonds) to us. If you really want to get into this, post some evidence to the contrary and I'll go to the trouble of presenting mine.

Now, because of the threats voiced here, you can understand why I'd rather stay anonymous. I'm sure a lot of you could easily kick my ass; not sure how that would change any of the facts though.

But suffice to say, I'm well employed (just bought a pretty average house in the California Bay Area for $420,000), certainly pay my taxes. I've got a family and care about them as much as you do yours. Actually, preserving my kids' futures is the main impetus of most of my ranting.

That said, none of it really matters since I'm here to talk facts and don't need to know anymore about you than why you think it's OK to drive a Hummer. Some might try to pick my life apart, but it's pointless. It also doesn't matter since regardless of what we say about ourselves, we can be accused as liars. And I for one don't want to go to the trouble of proving who I am.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by devilsfan:

Oh, don't even touch the military subject. You ask ANY soldier if they're fighting a gas war and they will tell you completely differently. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, here's one:

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Breaking_ranks.htm

But about the war thing, I'm not going to get into that here since I've already taken it up on my own site.

I think I've responded to most of the rest the other comments here, so I'm going to skip a bit so I can go read to my kids.

Again, ad hominems I'm skipping. War stuff, go to my site to see why I believe it is about oil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
more sense than a pickup that can carry 2 people and gets the same gas mileage as the SUVs you so love to hate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Lump the pickups in there too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oops, another thing that wasting liberals won't bother complaining about. What about those cars that burn fossil fuels for no other reason but to look good (seeing as how they can't be driven even close to their capabilities legally). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you there too, bro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Find another cause, find God, and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to get into god, eh? OK, so first why wouldn't you consider my saying "Forget about god and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life" to be just as offensive as what you said to me? Or are you trying to push god as way to be offensive? Anyway, I'd be happy to get into you with it at my site. (But I won't wait up ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbmike:
what does it say about the collective intelligence (or more accurately the lack of intelligence) of folks on 145 pages of photos flipping off an inanimate object? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that's not my site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's back to one of my main beliefs about the general culture of our country these days where folks seem to think: "If I don't agree with it, it's wrong"... end of story. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that I don't agree with it, it's that it's demonstrably wrong.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by devilsfan:
What I want to know is, what exactly do you have going on in your life to cause this much hatred towards a total stranger based only on the car they drive? You don't know anything about us. You don't know anything about those H2 drivers on the FUH2 site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, that's not my site. Where did I say I hated anyone? I'm probably equally as struck by the vitriol toward me. But I just take it as proof that I have a better point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are people on here who may have donated what amounts to years for Habitat for Humanity. People who have raised 14 foster kids as their own. Others who have donated their time and their company's time to building schools and shelters. Others who have truly made a difference by helping others....yet you flip them off because of their choice of transportation? If that's how you measure a person's value and worth in life, by what they drive, then that's pretty sad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So by doing good, we're excused to do bad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think morals, integrity, and leaving a positive mark on the lives of others is a lot more important than the fact I drive a vehicle that gets 12 mpg. Which is 2 mpg BETTER than the old Chevy pickup I traded in, mind you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but since I'm not judging people, just a behavior, the rest of your life is irrelevant here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
I imagined or wished for the power of a Jedi

Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
I've imagined myself as a Jedi as long as I can remember
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What in the world does this mean?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Pilot:
I am now employed in a position that affords me information about the war in Iraq that disproves the conjecture of "blood for oil". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, please share. Facts have changed my mind more that once. But I have a few of my own for you on my site.

http://www.hummerssuck.com/gb/guestbook.php

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>
I purchased my H2 with plenty of forethought as to its impact on my family, my budget, and the environment in which I live. I am married with three kids and live in the mountains of New Mexico. I purchased a used H2 because it was LESS EXPENSIVE than other new vehicles that gave the same performance and which I actually liked. It carries my entire family through the snow and mud and protects them from the people on the road who drive like idiots.

As far as the gas mileage goes, I really only drive about 5000 miles a year and I often ride my mountain bike to work. Over a 5 year period my H2 will burn roughly 2080 gallons (12 mpg) while other vehicles that would fit my situation would burn about 1660. Saving a little over 400 gallons of gas over 5 years. Big Deal.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, sounds like you need an SUV. Most people here in the 'burbs, don't, and certainly not a Hummer.

I Forgot a couple of things. I used to drive a large pickup that got worse gas mileage but was able to haul stuff all over the country. We used to have a little Honda civic that got great gas mileage until some idiot in a little blazer ran a stop sign in front of my wife, son and step mother totalling the civic and nearly killing my family. I decided we will never drive something small again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, it's just too bad the huge increase of SUVs on the road makes everyone feel that way. It's an arms race that I resent being forced into. While I certainly never drive my kids in my Accord (no air bags), I do feel OK with them in my late model wife's German car. (25mpg :-)

So, "Arnold" or would you prefer to be called Anthony? How's Petaluma? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I get it, you whois'd my sites. Boy, I didn't see that coming...

Arnie has parental issues. Plus his mommy paints pictures of flowers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please continue... I do enjoy these random mumblings. Kind of haiku-like.

It shouldn't be too tough to track down someone with the last name of McBain/Stubtoe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would think. LOL. Would some one else please clue him in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Would you like some help? Should we send the info to you on Turner Court? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Veiled threats are really childish fella's. Do I really bug you that much that you would try something? If so, than you're crazy, if not, then full of ****.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:13 AM

Seriously, is that the best you guys can do? Why waste your time with pointless ad hominem attacks that prove nothing but that you don't have a better argument? I think the worst unprovoked comment I made here is "don't flatter yourselves."

Sure, I can give as good as I get (better in most cases), but I'd rather save us all keystrokes and just ignore or only point out the pointless.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Sideshow:
I fought for this country and will drive WHATEVER I damn well please. I have that right and NOBODY is going to take it from me. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please make a bumper sticker of this for your Hummer. Actually, you don't have to since that's precisely what the Hummer says all on its own.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by BIGT:
A 1988 Honda? Not even an American car. A Jap piece of ****? And an old one at that! What kind of commie are you? That import dumps out more toxins’s than new H2 does. Why not by a Saturn or something more eco-acceptable? Now why don't you tell me what you do for our wonderful world and how many people you employ and provide a living for? Or should I assume that our country provides for your feeble existence? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, Honda's can typically go 300,000 miles. Mine gets 30-35 mpg. Just got it smogged under the toughest standards in the country (California's), which certainly have been tougher than those for SUVs (I think they're finally toughening them from this year, though, finally). But you're right, I can do better and will, once this thing finally calls it quits and I'll buy a Prius or something (natch ;-)

As far as your ideas of foreign economies harming America and American jobs, you might want to look at the facts. America and especially the Japanese economies are so interdependent that we both bleed from the same cut. The last thing America wants is for Japan to start having to call in its loans (i.e,. bonds) to us. If you really want to get into this, post some evidence to the contrary and I'll go to the trouble of presenting mine.

Now, because of the threats voiced here, you can understand why I'd rather stay anonymous. I'm sure a lot of you could easily kick my ass; not sure how that would change any of the facts though.

But suffice to say, I'm well employed (just bought a pretty average house in the California Bay Area for $420,000), certainly pay my taxes. I've got a family and care about them as much as you do yours. Actually, preserving my kids' futures is the main impetus of most of my ranting.

That said, none of it really matters since I'm here to talk facts and don't need to know anymore about you than why you think it's OK to drive a Hummer. Some might try to pick my life apart, but it's pointless. It also doesn't matter since regardless of what we say about ourselves, we can be accused as liars. And I for one don't want to go to the trouble of proving who I am.

Oh, don't even touch the military subject. You ask ANY soldier if they're fighting a gas war and they will tell you completely differently. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well, here's one:

http://www.veteransforpeace.org/Breaking_ranks.htm

But about the war thing, I'm not going to get into that here since I've already taken it up on my own site.

I think I've responded to most of the rest the other comments here, so I'm going to skip a bit so I can go read to my kids.

Again, ad hominems I'm skipping. War stuff, go to my site to see why I believe it is about oil.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by PARAGON:
more sense than a pickup that can carry 2 people and gets the same gas mileage as the SUVs you so love to hate. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I agree. Lump the pickups in there too.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Oops, another thing that wasting liberals won't bother complaining about. What about those cars that burn fossil fuels for no other reason but to look good (seeing as how they can't be driven even close to their capabilities legally). <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm with you there too, bro.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Find another cause, find God, and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You want to get into god, eh? OK, so first why wouldn't you consider my saying "Forget about god and reconsider your complete bassackwards outlook on life" to be just as offensive as what you said to me? Or are you trying to push god as way to be offensive? Anyway, I'd be happy to get into you with it at my site. (But I won't wait up ;-)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by sbmike:
what does it say about the collective intelligence (or more accurately the lack of intelligence) of folks on 145 pages of photos flipping off an inanimate object? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry, that's not my site.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>It's back to one of my main beliefs about the general culture of our country these days where folks seem to think: "If I don't agree with it, it's wrong"... end of story. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's not that I don't agree with it, it's that it's demonstrably wrong.

What I want to know is, what exactly do you have going on in your life to cause this much hatred towards a total stranger based only on the car they drive? You don't know anything about us. You don't know anything about those H2 drivers on the FUH2 site. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Again, that's not my site. Where did I say I hated anyone? I'm probably equally as struck by the vitriol toward me. But I just take it as proof that I have a better point.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>There are people on here who may have donated what amounts to years for Habitat for Humanity. People who have raised 14 foster kids as their own. Others who have donated their time and their company's time to building schools and shelters. Others who have truly made a difference by helping others....yet you flip them off because of their choice of transportation? If that's how you measure a person's value and worth in life, by what they drive, then that's pretty sad. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

So by doing good, we're excused to do bad?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>I think morals, integrity, and leaving a positive mark on the lives of others is a lot more important than the fact I drive a vehicle that gets 12 mpg. Which is 2 mpg BETTER than the old Chevy pickup I traded in, mind you. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Agreed, but since I'm not judging people, just a behavior, the rest of your life is irrelevant here.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
I imagined or wished for the power of a Jedi

Originally posted by Arnold McBain:
I've imagined myself as a Jedi as long as I can remember
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What in the world does this mean?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by H2Pilot:
I am now employed in a position that affords me information about the war in Iraq that disproves the conjecture of "blood for oil". <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Great, please share. Facts have changed my mind more that once. But I have a few of my own for you on my site.

http://www.hummerssuck.com/gb/guestbook.php

I purchased my H2 with plenty of forethought as to its impact on my family, my budget, and the environment in which I live. I am married with three kids and live in the mountains of New Mexico. I purchased a used H2 because it was LESS EXPENSIVE than other new vehicles that gave the same performance and which I actually liked. It carries my entire family through the snow and mud and protects them from the people on the road who drive like idiots.

As far as the gas mileage goes, I really only drive about 5000 miles a year and I often ride my mountain bike to work. Over a 5 year period my H2 will burn roughly 2080 gallons (12 mpg) while other vehicles that would fit my situation would burn about 1660. Saving a little over 400 gallons of gas over 5 years. Big Deal.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fine, sounds like you need an SUV. Most people here in the 'burbs, don't, and certainly not a Hummer.

I Forgot a couple of things. I used to drive a large pickup that got worse gas mileage but was able to haul stuff all over the country. We used to have a little Honda civic that got great gas mileage until some idiot in a little blazer ran a stop sign in front of my wife, son and step mother totalling the civic and nearly killing my family. I decided we will never drive something small again. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Right, it's just too bad the huge increase of SUVs on the road makes everyone feel that way. It's an arms race that I resent being forced into. While I certainly never drive my kids in my Accord (no air bags), I do feel OK with them in my late model wife's German car. (25mpg :-)

So, "Arnold" or would you prefer to be called Anthony? How's Petaluma? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Oh, I get it, you whois'd my sites. Boy, I didn't see that coming...

Arnie has parental issues. Plus his mommy paints pictures of flowers.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Please continue... I do enjoy these random mumblings. Kind of haiku-like.

It shouldn't be too tough to track down someone with the last name of McBain/Stubtoe. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You would think. LOL. Would some one else please clue him in?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Would you like some help? Should we send the info to you on Turner Court? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Veiled threats are really childish fella's. Do I really bug you that much that you would try something? If so, than you're crazy, if not, then full of ****.
Old 12-17-2004, 06:30 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yetti:
Well I read a little of Amy's rantings..Oh s'cuse Arni's rantings, but never the less they are the opinion of a society the encourages the sufferage of the well to do. the middle class is lead to believe they are the just deserved. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean suffrage as in the right to vote? Or "suffering"? Well, my parents didn't give me a lot, but I did get a fair education. Sorry you missed out…

And why is this a class war thing? Did I ever bring that up? Seriously, you have an issue with the entire middle class? Do the rest of you hold this view?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:30 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Yetti:
Well I read a little of Amy's rantings..Oh s'cuse Arni's rantings, but never the less they are the opinion of a society the encourages the sufferage of the well to do. the middle class is lead to believe they are the just deserved. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Do you mean suffrage as in the right to vote? Or "suffering"? Well, my parents didn't give me a lot, but I did get a fair education. Sorry you missed out…

And why is this a class war thing? Did I ever bring that up? Seriously, you have an issue with the entire middle class? Do the rest of you hold this view?
Old 12-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hi....I'm Troy McLure

You may remember me from such films as "who ****in' cares about this ****tard"....or "can this thread drag even longer"
Old 12-17-2004, 06:33 AM
Hummer Authority

Steve R is off the scale

Hi....I'm Troy McLure

You may remember me from such films as "who ****in' cares about this ****tard"....or "can this thread drag even longer"
Old 12-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Veiled threats are really childish fella's. Do I really bug you that much that you would try something? If so, than you're crazy, if not, then full of ****. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Attached Images

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-17-2004, 06:34 AM
Hummer Messiah

Veiled threats are really childish fella's. Do I really bug you that much that you would try something? If so, than you're crazy, if not, then full of ****. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-17-2004, 06:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Hi....I'm Troy McLure

You may remember me from such films as "who ****in' cares about this ****tard"....or "can this thread drag even longer" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice...! I like that one :-)
Old 12-17-2004, 06:39 AM

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Steve R:
Hi....I'm Troy McLure

You may remember me from such films as "who ****in' cares about this ****tard"....or "can this thread drag even longer" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice...! I like that one :-)
Old 12-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

Simpsons was great. I think Family Guy is way funnier now though.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-17-2004, 06:48 AM
Hummer Messiah

Simpsons was great. I think Family Guy is way funnier now though.

My Video Collectionez

Old 12-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And exactly who are you to judge? So we should all send you our personal accounts of how we use our vehicles on a mile-by-mile basis in order to obtain your blessing? You have no idea who "needs" an SUV and who doesn't.

I am seriously interested in your knowledge of the current automotive market and how it fits the needs of consumers. Challenge: find me a vehicle that meets YOUR approval and the following criteria (and gets good gas mileage, according to your standards) and I will be happy to look into it - seriously:

1. Has room to carry 2 50-lb dogs and an infant on a regular basis. By "carrying" the dogs, they must be able to stretch out and lie down comfortably, and the rear space must NOT contain any gaps in the floor or between the 3rd row fold down seats (if applicable) such as in the Dodge Durango. This could seriously injure a dog. With an infant in the back seat, this means the 2nd row cannot be folded down and any space between the 2nd row seat and the back hatch must have enough room for the dogs to lay down AND stand to turn around if needed. This thereby excludes the BMW X3 and X5, Nissan Murano, and FX35/45 series.

2. Have GOOD off-road capabilities without me putting $$$ into it. I don't want to have to modify a vehicle with so many aftermarket parts that it will void my warranty. By "capabilities," this includes ground clearance, suspension parts, and undercarriage protection. This is a serious hobby for me, and I cannot afford to have 2 vehicles - one for fun and one for work. Whichever vehicle I buy must encompass both. This excludes 80% of the SUVs on the market, every minivan, and every station wagon.

3. Must be reliable. This includes data from R&T, Consumer Reports, and owner statements. This immediately excludes the VW Touareg, Chevy Trailblazer and Jeep Cherokee.

4. Costs $50,000 or less. This excludes the Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover.

5. Must fit MY idea of beauty. I am a car collector - they are my form of art. There are many SUVs out there I find attractive. The Land Rover Discovery and LR3 are not on that list.

I'm serious here. Find me a car to replace my H2, because my H2 is the only vehicle that I've found to fit all the criteria.

Stacy
Old 12-17-2004, 12:30 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

And exactly who are you to judge? So we should all send you our personal accounts of how we use our vehicles on a mile-by-mile basis in order to obtain your blessing? You have no idea who "needs" an SUV and who doesn't.

I am seriously interested in your knowledge of the current automotive market and how it fits the needs of consumers. Challenge: find me a vehicle that meets YOUR approval and the following criteria (and gets good gas mileage, according to your standards) and I will be happy to look into it - seriously:

1. Has room to carry 2 50-lb dogs and an infant on a regular basis. By "carrying" the dogs, they must be able to stretch out and lie down comfortably, and the rear space must NOT contain any gaps in the floor or between the 3rd row fold down seats (if applicable) such as in the Dodge Durango. This could seriously injure a dog. With an infant in the back seat, this means the 2nd row cannot be folded down and any space between the 2nd row seat and the back hatch must have enough room for the dogs to lay down AND stand to turn around if needed. This thereby excludes the BMW X3 and X5, Nissan Murano, and FX35/45 series.

2. Have GOOD off-road capabilities without me putting $$$ into it. I don't want to have to modify a vehicle with so many aftermarket parts that it will void my warranty. By "capabilities," this includes ground clearance, suspension parts, and undercarriage protection. This is a serious hobby for me, and I cannot afford to have 2 vehicles - one for fun and one for work. Whichever vehicle I buy must encompass both. This excludes 80% of the SUVs on the market, every minivan, and every station wagon.

3. Must be reliable. This includes data from R&T, Consumer Reports, and owner statements. This immediately excludes the VW Touareg, Chevy Trailblazer and Jeep Cherokee.

4. Costs $50,000 or less. This excludes the Toyota Landcruiser, Porsche Cayenne and Range Rover.

5. Must fit MY idea of beauty. I am a car collector - they are my form of art. There are many SUVs out there I find attractive. The Land Rover Discovery and LR3 are not on that list.

I'm serious here. Find me a car to replace my H2, because my H2 is the only vehicle that I've found to fit all the criteria.

Stacy
Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by Arnold McBain,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Me? Well, I'm obviously liberal, and also atheist and upper-middle class. I drive an 88 Honda Accord, so you can rip me about that I guess.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Upper middle class, Ha that is a ****in riot. Do you have any idea how many papers you would have to deliver on your route to be pushed into the upper middle class? Your 88 honda **** box couldn't hold that many papers.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Spike is an unknown quantity at this point

originally posted by Arnold McBain,
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Me? Well, I'm obviously liberal, and also atheist and upper-middle class. I drive an 88 Honda Accord, so you can rip me about that I guess.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Upper middle class, Ha that is a ****in riot. Do you have any idea how many papers you would have to deliver on your route to be pushed into the upper middle class? Your 88 honda **** box couldn't hold that many papers.
Old 12-17-2004, 12:45 PM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Paper route??? Nah...he's makes deliveries to the sperm bank one mouthful at a time.