H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 10-29-2005, 11:17 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ted is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
Exxon/Mobil receives about $25,000,000,000 ($25B) every year in some form of subsidies from the United States Government. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

BTW, were did you get this figure from?
Old 10-29-2005, 11:18 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ted is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreeorDie2:
Forced. . .what a joke! One would think you were living in the USSR. . . </div></BLOCKQUOTE>What's got to do with the Hummer? No matter what you drive, you need gas, no? If you are not "forced" to buy gas, to work, to live -- and have another secret (non gas) source of power for your daily driver, do share If not, then..... ding, your fries are done!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ted:
If you don’t like the price of gas don’t buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No matter what you drive, you need gas, no? If you are not "forced" to buy gas, to work, to live -- and have another secret (non gas) source of power for your daily driver, do share If not, then..... ding, your fries are done! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not the one pissing and moaning about gas prices, and Exxon's profits.
Old 10-29-2005, 11:27 PM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PARAGON:
What a bunch of F'ing idiots. You are simply trying to win an argument instead of offering anything of real value to the discussion. Trying to make things personal. "It's a Hummer forum..." "you don't have to buy the fuel".

Just F'ing idiots. Everything..... absolutely everything in the US economy is affected by the price of fuel. Everything you buy from the sandpaper you wipe your butt with to the Evian water you drink is affected by the price of fuel. If you don't understand that there are only a handful of oil companies that directly and daily control fuel prices, then move on, you don't have enough knowledge to participate in this discussion.

The oil market of the past 3-5 years is nothing near the oil market it was before. Why in the hell are gas prices dropping now? Because they were caught with their hand in the cookie jar, nothing else. There were no production increases or anything else to explain the $0.25 drop in regular gasoline except pressure was starting to be applied. Did a correlating drop in diesel fuel happen? NO! Why? Because trucking companies are passing the buck along to the consumer right now and are not crying as much, except for the little businesses that don't matter.

Let me say this one more time for those of you that don't realize this. Exxon/Mobil receives about $25,000,000,000 ($25B) every year in some form of subsidies from the United States Government. So, if you don't understand why this argument needs to be had then there is no one intelligent enough to explain it to you.

If you still don't get it and think they are simply trying to make a profit. Exxon/Mobil is sitting on over $30BILLION is liquid cash. CASH!!! If you can't add all of this up and see that a publicly traded company that provides a commercial necessity to the US economy, who also receives ridiculous amounts of subsidy from the government, and then is able to nationally increase the price of fuel in the matter of a day, then..... ding, your fries are done! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It seems clear that you are the right one to identify F'ing idiots from the content of your post. . .and your ability to relate a ding sound to finished fast food obviously comes from recent personal experience.

Check the commodity market for futures prices, Einstien. Check the world demand increases over the last few years, especially in India and China. Pick up the Wall Street Journal or, God Forbid, read a book. It's a global economy and we're not the only ones consuming oil. Regardless of how quickly they were able to get refineries back on line, the fact that 15 or 20 of them were off-line reduced supply. . .and that increases price. Distiribution was disrupted and that reduced supply. . .and that increases price. And why are prices going back down? The refineries are back on line and distribution has been squared away. That increases supply and reduces the price. It's called economics 101.

My point is now and has been that the price of gas is what it is. . . and it's still cheap by any measure. And I don't care if XOM is sitting on 100 billion in cash. They earn it and they are entitled to sit on it or flush it down the john if they wish. You don't like the price of gas? You think they are all crooks? Then open your own oil company and sell gas for a nickel a gallon.
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
Old 10-30-2005, 12:17 AM
Hummer Professional

HUMMERDOGG is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm an energy trader and believer in free markets. Price is merely a reflection of supply/demand balances regardless what anyone says. All I can say is that the market is high right now because it is pricing in the following:

1)Political unrest in some of the largest oil producing countries in the world. Read Russia, Middle East, Nigeria, Venuezuela, etc...
2)World Daily Supply/Demand balances for Crude Oil have continued to shrink.
3)Location of some of the largest US oil and natural gas production is offshore. It just happens to reside in the Gulf of Mexico and for 6 months out of every year is the target of Mother Nature which has the ability to literally wipe out or severly reduce production out there with just a few days notice.
4)Location and capacity of refineries. Again, a majority of our refining capacity in the US is also located on the coastlines of the Gulf of Mexico and is subject to the same exposure as our production.
5)US refining capacity is limited and outdated and is subject to frequent downtime.
5)US pipeline system is also limted and outdated.

The thing is, we have the technology nowadays to help alleviate alot of this but it is just taking time to get production from this new technology brought online. Coal Gasification Technology for Natural Gas, Canadian Tar Sands for Crude Oil, LNG imports for Natural Gas, etc...

We have the ability to build safer nuclear power plant and cleaner coal fired power plants which both would help help alleviate alot of the strain on natural gas supplies. People forget that back in '98 and '99 we had huge power shortages and because of this, alot of natural gas combined cycle power generation was built.

We have the ability with biodiesel and ethanol to help supplment the refining capacity with unleaded gas, diesel and heating oil.

We continue to build LNG terminals on the various coastlines to bring in this cheap form of natural gas. The issue there is that we need additional pipeline infrastructure inland to help get this natural gas to market. Same thing with coal, we need a more efficient railline system to get coal to market.

Ultimately, we either have to get energy prices high enough that you have permanent demand destruction and the supply/demand balances fall back in-line or people are going to have to come to grips that we are going to have to drill for oil and natural gas in politically sensitive areas, and people are going to have to allow us to build infrastructure in "their backyard".

Everyone forgets that it was only 4 years ago when we had $18 crude and $1.90 natural gas and gasoline and diesel were less than $1.25/gal...
Old 10-30-2005, 10:32 AM

FreeorDie2 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERDOGG:
I'm an energy trader and believer in free markets. Price is merely a reflection of supply/demand balances regardless what anyone says.

<snip>

Everyone forgets that it was only 4 years ago when we had $18 crude and $1.90 natural gas and gasoline and diesel were less than $1.25/gal... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo. I think that offers something "of real value to the discussion" and wins the argument at the same time.
1994 Pearl Yellow Dodge Stealth R/T Twin Turbo
Old 10-30-2005, 11:05 AM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FreeorDie2:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HUMMERDOGG:
I'm an energy trader and believer in free markets. Price is merely a reflection of supply/demand balances regardless what anyone says.

<snip>

Everyone forgets that it was only 4 years ago when we had $18 crude and $1.90 natural gas and gasoline and diesel were less than $1.25/gal... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Bingo. I think that offers something "of real value to the discussion" and wins the argument at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>First it doesn't address the price at the pump at all and secondly, I think you must be above your pay grade here. "wins the argument." Is that what you are trying to do?
Old 10-30-2005, 11:49 AM
Banned

Price is merely a reflection of supply/demand balances regardless what anyone says. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Dogg, respectfully this is simply not true. When the price at the pump can be raised due to the fear of future "production" disruption, this is not being controlled by supply/demand.

When Opec can artificially control the price/barrell by lowering production, that does not follow typical supply/demand. World supply has not magically jump 100% in 4 years yet prices at the pump have, with nothing but "fear" from the war as the reason for the increase.

Any other business that saw a 100% increase in retail cost in such a short period due to supply/demand would have experience a shortfall in product available, which would cause the increase. We have had no gas shortages. Even when Katrina hit there were no shortages due to supply. The only shortages created were due to lack of electricity to fill the trucks so they could get to the stations. The facility here in MS had enough to continue it's normal supply for nearly a month without any additional refining. This why the release of strategic petroleum reserves was just not a big deal and would have very little effect.

Speaking of 4 years ago. That was after all of the mega-mergers of the oil companies took place. The industry was found to have been price fixing even then by cutting refining production and holding back delivery of produced fuels to get prices higher. Again, in 4 years demand has not increased 100%, supply and prices are being controlled by the fewer larger, merged oil companies just like OPEC can control the price for a barrel of crude. In the US, though, we have anti-trust laws to supposedly guard against this.

Whether collusion is occuring amongst the major oil companies (I wouldn't be surprised) is one thing, but price-fixing is definitely occuring and it is totally and completely outside the parameters of common supply/demand.
Old 10-30-2005, 01:32 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<snip>

Bingo. I think that offers something "of real value to the discussion" and wins the argument at the same time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

FreeorDie,

You are wasting your time here. It's like having a college professor lecturing quantum physics to a kindergarten class. Discretion is the better part of valor. You should smile, surrender, and move on.

Sean
Old 10-30-2005, 02:23 PM

TootsSUT is off the scale

Good mornin, Bond!

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 10-30-2005, 02:24 PM
Hummer Veteran

slgcmg is off the scale

I find it funny that people on this forum who share the same love for vehicles call eachother F'in idiots or say they work at a fast food resteraunt because they have a different opinion. I really don't think that anyone on this forum who has put themselves in a position financially to afford a Hummer is an F'in idiot. I also have never seen a fry cook drive an Hummer either. My opinion is that I feel it is wrong for them to be making that much of a profit when there is really no other alternative to fuel. I feel that there should be government restictions due to the fact there are no alternatives. If it were another company like Walmart making that much, then so be it. There are tons of other places to buy food and other household items.

So all of the hate posts I see, I laugh, and wonder how someone could be so ignorant. I wonder would the response be that hateful if it were face to face rather then face to screen. I am guessing no, which makes it even funnier.
chromed out
Old 10-30-2005, 02:53 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slgcmng:
I find it funny that people on this forum who share the same love for vehicles call eachother F'in idiots or say they work at a fast food resteraunt because they have a different opinion. I really don't think that anyone on this forum who has put themselves in a position financially to afford a Hummer is an F'in idiot. I also have never seen a fry cook drive an Hummer either. My opinion is that I feel it is wrong for them to be making that much of a profit when there is really no other alternative to fuel. I feel that there should be government restictions due to the fact there are no alternatives. If it were another company like Walmart making that much, then so be it. There are tons of other places to buy food and other household items.

So all of the hate posts I see, I laugh, and wonder how someone could be so ignorant. I wonder would the response be that hateful if it were face to face rather then face to screen. I am guessing no, which makes it even funnier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I find it more funny that you assume that because somebody shares the same likes in vehicle choice that automatically bars them from being called a f'ing idiot. For all I know you or any other posters in this thread except for a few that I do know for sure, don't own an H2, so that's a moot point to begin with.

You saw f'ing idiot comments because certain people were more concerned with winning an argument and saying things like "you own a Hummer, why are you worried about gas prices" or "you are discussing gas prices in a Hummer forum" and they themselves called others "idiot." Turnabout is fair play.

Arguing without any facts or knowledge is as deserving of the "f'ing idiot" monicker as anything else I can think of. Besides, you have not been around here long enough to develop an opinion on how one conducts themselves in this forum. Until you understand the mores of the forum sit back and try to "catch" some of what's going on. IE - turnabout is fair play.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:55 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by slgcmng:

So all of the hate posts I see, I laugh, and wonder how someone could be so ignorant. I wonder would the response be that hateful if it were face to face rather then face to screen. I am guessing no, which makes it even funnier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I find it more funny that you assume that because somebody shares the same likes in vehicle choice that automatically bars them from being called a f'ing idiot. For all I know you or any other posters in this thread except for a few that I do know for sure, don't own an H2, so that's a moot point to begin with.

You saw f'ing idiot comments because certain people were more concerned with winning an argument and saying things like "you own a Hummer, why are you worried about gas prices" or "you are discussing gas prices in a Hummer forum" and they themselves called others "idiot." Turnabout is fair play.

Arguing without any facts or knowledge is as deserving of the "f'ing idiot" monicker as anything else I can think of. Besides, you have not been around here long enough to develop an opinion on how one conducts themselves in this forum. Until you understand the mores of the forum sit back and try to "catch" some of what's going on. IE - turnabout is fair play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Well written, you ****ing idiot.

Sean
Old 10-30-2005, 03:01 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Arguing without any facts or knowledge is as deserving of the "f'ing idiot" monicker as anything else I can think of. Besides, you have not been around here long enough to develop an opinion on how one conducts themselves in this forum. Until you understand the mores of the forum sit back and try to "catch" some of what's going on. IE - turnabout is fair play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Speaking of f'ing idiot. Did we get confirmation? Does dude look like a lady?
Old 10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Hummer Veteran

slgcmg is off the scale

Arguing without any facts or knowledge is as deserving of the "f'ing idiot" monicker as anything else I can think of. Besides, you have not been around here long enough to develop an opinion on how one conducts themselves in this forum. Until you understand the mores of the forum sit back and try to "catch" some of what's going on. IE - turnabout is fair play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..

thanks for making me laugh again. keep them coming.

I wasn't aware of the time restriction for opinions on members. Should I wait another couple of years to put an opinion out there?
chromed out
Old 10-30-2005, 03:02 PM
Banned

From a gentlemanly standpoint visual confirmation is fine. No need to report tactile confirmation.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:04 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Speaking of f'ing idiot. Did we get confirmation? Does dude look like a lady? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I may die later, but check out the last posts in the Hummer Hater thread.......

Sean
Old 10-30-2005, 03:04 PM
Banned

Arguing without any facts or knowledge is as deserving of the "f'ing idiot" monicker as anything else I can think of. Besides, you have not been around here long enough to develop an opinion on how one conducts themselves in this forum. Until you understand the mores of the forum sit back and try to "catch" some of what's going on. IE - turnabout is fair play. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>..

thanks for making me laugh again. keep them coming.

I wsan't aware of the time restriction for opinions on members. Should I wait another couple of years to put an opinion out there? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No restriction on opinion, just trying to help you out on some of the whys and hows. You can have your opinion, it's just that it won't have any validity.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:20 PM

Bondage is off the scale

From a gentlemanly standpoint visual confirmation is fine. No need to report tactile confirmation. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I will not, repeat, will not, report tactile confirmation if and when it does or has happened.

But take a look at her pics. OMG

Sean
ps - Jen, I love you.
Old 10-30-2005, 03:24 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

My opinion is that I feel it is wrong for them to be making that much of a profit when there is really no other alternative to fuel. I feel that there should be government restictions due to the fact there are no alternatives. If it were another company like Walmart making that much, then so be it. There are tons of other places to buy food and other household items. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>DING!!! ("We have a winner!!! kindda ding )
Old 10-30-2005, 03:27 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ted:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
If you don’t like the price of gas don’t buy it. </div></BLOCKQUOTE> No matter what you drive, you need gas, no? If you are not "forced" to buy gas, to work, to live -- and have another secret (non gas) source of power for your daily driver, do share If not, then..... ding, your fries are done! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm not the one pissing and moaning about gas prices, and Exxon's profits. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No, you're not. Just like I'm not the one to take it up the ass and say "YESSA! MO'SAH!!" ..... ding, your fries are done!