H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Hey Doug

I am slated to bring in my H3 on sat am for the onstar module replacement after much troubleshooting and no fix, onstar was still reluctant to send the dealer the 700 dolar module because they felt it was still a programming error, I put my foot down after being in 4 times and said I want a new module or they can take all the onstar parts out permanently, I called and told onstar this as well.....the part is at the dealer...cant get there (2hrs away) until sat am...hopefully this one will come programmed correctly and works..

While the H3 is in there I wanted to have them check 2 other things.
I wanted your help to see if there is perhaps any TSB's regarding the symptoms.

The first is:

When at cruising speed above 30-40 and above if I approach traffic and back of the throttle the H3 will decellerate, when I depress the gas to resume speed there is a lunge (almost feels like there is play in the rear ring and pinion)..I know these H3's have an electronic throttle control could this be adjusted? or is there a TSB that will smooth out the throttle transition between acceleration and deceleration? It is very noticeable.

The second is:

Hasn't happened every time but it has happened a lot.

When starting the truck from dead cold parked in the driveway and in park I hear a rattling under the hood. I haven't popped the hood to determine where the sound is coming from yet but it almost sounds like the AC compressor clutch.

I need to trouble shoot it ad try a cold start with the AC on and off plus having the hood opened.

Once the truck has run for 30sec the sound is gone, it is an initial rattle.

Perhaps a shield? have you heard of this happening?

So as you can see when I have it in for the module replacement I want these 2 things checked out and I know you are current on the technical aspects of the truck and I wanted any info from you regarding this, TSB's etc so I can relay the info to them while she is in for service.

Thanks Doug
Mike Morgan
Old 11-30-2005, 02:06 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

Hey Doug

I am slated to bring in my H3 on sat am for the onstar module replacement after much troubleshooting and no fix, onstar was still reluctant to send the dealer the 700 dolar module because they felt it was still a programming error, I put my foot down after being in 4 times and said I want a new module or they can take all the onstar parts out permanently, I called and told onstar this as well.....the part is at the dealer...cant get there (2hrs away) until sat am...hopefully this one will come programmed correctly and works..

While the H3 is in there I wanted to have them check 2 other things.
I wanted your help to see if there is perhaps any TSB's regarding the symptoms.

The first is:

When at cruising speed above 30-40 and above if I approach traffic and back of the throttle the H3 will decellerate, when I depress the gas to resume speed there is a lunge (almost feels like there is play in the rear ring and pinion)..I know these H3's have an electronic throttle control could this be adjusted? or is there a TSB that will smooth out the throttle transition between acceleration and deceleration? It is very noticeable.

The second is:

Hasn't happened every time but it has happened a lot.

When starting the truck from dead cold parked in the driveway and in park I hear a rattling under the hood. I haven't popped the hood to determine where the sound is coming from yet but it almost sounds like the AC compressor clutch.

I need to trouble shoot it ad try a cold start with the AC on and off plus having the hood opened.

Once the truck has run for 30sec the sound is gone, it is an initial rattle.

Perhaps a shield? have you heard of this happening?

So as you can see when I have it in for the module replacement I want these 2 things checked out and I know you are current on the technical aspects of the truck and I wanted any info from you regarding this, TSB's etc so I can relay the info to them while she is in for service.

Thanks Doug
Mike Morgan