H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-14-2009, 11:15 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default 32,000 and 16,000 Miles Later

As a owner of a 2007 Hummer H2 and a 2008 Hummer H2, I have really been able to compare them every week. Some of you that have read my post may remember me, and some of the things I have said.

I just thought I would give a review of my experience with them.
My 2007 Hummer H2 now has 32,000 miles on it. The only problems I have had is the body mounts were making a popping noise. They were fixed under warranty. Now the popping noise is fixed. Another problem I have had is the air conditionor smells like mildew/mold when you first turn it on (about 2 minutes) and then it clears up. Other than those two problems, the 2007 has been excellent.

My 2008 Hummer H2 now has 16,000 miles on it. (last Friday, I tacked on 1,260 miles in 20 hours). My experience with the 2008 with the new 6.2 Liter V8 is..........it reminds me of a DIESEL ENGINE. Some of you may think huh???? My experience with this engine is, it DEF. GETS BETTER with the more miles you put on it. When I first got it, I took it to the dealer a couple times, told them its not right, its sluggish, no power, and my 2007 with the 6.0 Liter felt 10x stronger. I told them when it saw a hill, it was already downshifting BEFORE it started going up the hill, like it was scared of the hill. Now that it has 16,000 miles on it, the engine feels a lot better, more power, (now that its looser, and broken in). It took me awhile to get use to the 6 speed tranny, but again, my experience is, it improves with more miles you put on it.
I dont drive the 2008 much, it mainly sits in the garage for a week or two, and then one day I will tack on 1,000--1,200 miles in 20 hours(Business trips), and then it will sit another week or so, but overall, I gotta say, the more I drive it, the better I like it.

I have always been a huge fan of the 6.0 Liter V8, its a tried and true engine, with very little problems, but from my experience on "LONG TRIPS" the 6.2 Liter V8 is actually the better engine for the longer runs.

While both the 07, and 08 Hummers are VERY comfortable, I still would have to vote for the 07 (seats are much better) than the 08 seats. Just seems like its more support.

Last Friday, I had the 2008 loaded down with 6 guys for a 1,260 mile business trip. It performed EXCELLENT.

As I have said in many of my post, these are def. the best vehicles I have ever owned, and on a scale of 1--10, I would rate them a 10+++.
Old 08-15-2009, 02:13 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: 32,000 and 16,000 Miles Later

Yes, you just have to get used to all the shifting that six speed tranny does. Both are excellent engines, although the 6.2 likes its premium fuel, I love the way it accelerates. I think anyone that has driven both a pre '08 and and '08 H2 would agree the seats at first appear to be more comfortable on the '07 and earlier models, but just like the transmission, now I have gotten accustomed to the '08 seat, although the seat heater doesn't get warm nearly as fast.
Old 08-16-2009, 04:17 AM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road
Default POPPING SOUNDS from BODY MOUNTS on 2008???

I was wondering if it's possible that body mounts on a 2008 could be popping already. At low speeds in subdivisions, coming to a stop or a bump...I hear a popping sound. The same goes for slow crawls.

Some advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 08-16-2009, 07:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: POPPING SOUNDS from BODY MOUNTS on 2008???

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvl57
I was wondering if it's possible that body mounts on a 2008 could be popping already. At low speeds in subdivisions, coming to a stop or a bump...I hear a popping sound. The same goes for slow crawls.

Some advise would be appreciated.

Thanks.

My 2008 is popping as well. It has 16,000 miles on it (not sure how many miles you have on yours). I am wanting to say I started hearing mine when it had around 12,000 miles (give or take a little). Mine is the same way, when going thru my subdivision around the curves, you can hear it popping. I think when I take my 2008 in for a Oil Change I will get them to fix the body mounts.
Old 08-16-2009, 01:53 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

I was talking the other day with an ex Hummer tech. I mentioned the popping sound and obviously he said it was very common.

He then proceeded to tell me that the cure is they get an old antifreeze jug and cut up a circle the size of the bushing and place it between the body and bushing.

I know it fixes the problem but the thought of taking a yellow piece of plastic and cutting it up and stuffing it in there just seemed chintzy to me.

I guess if it were a black texaco plastic jug, I'd feel better.

Anyway, just a suggestion to those of you that want to fix it and can't take it to the dealer. Cheap and easy.

Mark
Old 08-16-2009, 06:16 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road

mine has approx. 20K on it - noticed it too around 19K - I will take it in this week if I can get a fixed appointment at the dealer...it seems like they are always behind.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust