H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 08-03-2009, 05:21 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road
Default AC SMELL- can it be avoided?

I know from past vehicles that one needs to cycle the ac blower w/o the AC running to cycle out the cool air, but is that necessary for Hummers?

On my brother's BMW M5, he has to blow out all the cold air prior to shutting off his car or else have a moldy odor come out of his air vents. My previous truck- my Land Rover, I didn't have to do this. On my H2, I noticed the moldy odor so I bought some PURE AIR and shot it through the air intake as well as my vents. It eliminated the odor; however, do we need to cycle the cold air out before shutting off the truck?

It's kind of a hassle and somewhat unheard of. Then again, I live in Houston, Texas where it's really hot and humid...especially during these summer days.

Some advice would be appreciated.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 08-03-2009, 05:41 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road
Default Re: AC SMELL- can it be avoided?

It's hot and humid here in Florida too! All I ever do is turn off the recirculate feature, (if it's running) a little before I shut mine off. I've had mine now for 3 years and never smell anything!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 08-05-2009, 03:54 AM
Hummer Expert

[__--MUD--__] is on a distinguished road

must be a southern issue, never hear of that before.
Old 08-07-2009, 03:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

TGCOFTN is an unknown quantity at this point

I have two Hummers.........my 2007 has that stinky mold oder coming out with the vents when I first turn it on. I have taken it to the dealership 3 times, and fixing to take it back a 4th time next week. This time I am gonna tell them I dont wont it back until they can fix it. I am getting a little frustrated. They told me it was because of parking it in the garage. The crazy thing is, I have a 2008 with 15,000 miles on it and it dont have that smell. How does a 07 stink, and a 08 dont? makes no sense to me. Also, I have a Volvo S80 thats in the garage, and it dont have that smell. Its only on my 2007.

Another thing I dont understand is, after I park it, and turn the engine off, and remove the key, the air conditionor blower motor will come on all by itself and run for 15 seconds, and go off for 10 minutes, and then come back on for 15 more seconds. It keeps doing that over and over all night long. The dealer said it was normal, but again.........why is it my 2008 H2 dont do that?

I have tried everything, I have sprayed pure air in the vents, left it outside running with the AC on high, and windows down, and everything I do, dont help. So next week, I am gonna tell them to fix it, and I dont wont it back until its fixed. I dont care if they have to replace parts, I cant stand this smell any longer.

Other than that..........I cant say anything bad about them.
Old 08-07-2009, 06:41 PM
Hummer Expert

IRA51 is on a distinguished road

Get some Douche and kill it .
you have.
-- Thomas Jefferson
Old 08-07-2009, 08:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

dvl57 is on a distinguished road

I got the smell out by leaving my blower on w/o the a/c function everytime for 2 mins prior to shutting off the engine. the purpose is to blow out all the cold a/c air prior to shutting it down. this helps eliminate any smell.
my 08 doesn't turn on & automatically blow the a/c (as what you describe in your 07)
my brother's bmw m5 does that...automatically cools the cabin down when it's too hot.

2008 H2
Billy Boat Exhaust
Old 08-09-2009, 06:08 AM
Hummer Veteran

Vark is on a distinguished road

I had the same thing on my '05 C55 AMG Benz, had to take it 3 times to the dealer. It was some condensation, due to poorly designed part, once they redesigned the part, everything was tip-top and I didn't have to do anything. I don't have anything like that (knock on wood) on my '07 and I never heard the a/c blower come on and off, after it is parked. And it is hot and humid Florida.
Old 08-10-2009, 04:22 PM
Hummer Novice

Circ is on a distinguished road

Same issue in my '06 SUT - I smell a funk in the car and could never locate the source but have had the feeling it was in the ductwork - Where is the intake for the system? gonna start with some lysol...
Old 08-12-2009, 06:06 PM
Elcova Rookie

uday1583 is on a distinguished road

Even i had that problem, may be because of the ductwork... i feel turning on a little before would be little useful and some freshner should also help.