Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > Other HUMMER Models

Old 03-26-2004, 03:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Dan is an unknown quantity at this point

Any SUT updates?? I still haven't heard anything on pricing which was supposed to be released this month. What's the damn holdup!
Hummer Guru

Any SUT updates?? I still haven't heard anything on pricing which was supposed to be released this month. What's the damn holdup!
Hummer Guru

Old 03-26-2004, 04:03 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Due to the huge failure of the launch of the H2 Suv, GM has decided to scratch production of the SUT altogether. You're order will now be replaced with an Avalanche.
Old 03-26-2004, 04:19 PM
Hummer Guru

Attached Images

Old 03-27-2004, 03:01 PM

hummer17 is off the scale

Dan,

Here is the last load of BS that I got from the Hummer Personal Assistant - STILL NO MSRP!!!

I am reluctant to put my deposit down until I know how much the SUT is going to be. I have a dealer picked out that as of last week only had 8 deposits total and enough allocation to fill all orders.

Also - Did you catch some of the 4 page SUT advertisements that hit recent magazines? Saw one in Wired...

===================

It's your HUMMER Personal Assistant. A short time ago, you expressed an interest in our new luxury utility vehicle, the HUMMER H2 SUT and our exclusive Personal Assistant Program. HUMMER has exciting times ahead and we would definitely like you to be a part of that. If you have not located an authorized HUMMER dealership in your area, please let me know. It would be my pleasure to contact a dealership on your behalf!

Production is scheduled to begin on the 2005 MY (model year) in late April. Please be advised that this date is subject to change. There are certain factors that could possibly effect scheduling: parts/component shortage, allocation adjustments for the new model year, shipping delays of parts and/or vehicles, general new MY start-up production delays, etc.

Personal Assistance provides several services throughout your new vehicle purchase. For instance, vehicle-ordering tracking is one of best of these attractive services that will help you plan your new vehicle purchase down to the 't'. Just provide me with your six-digit alphanumeric order number, and updates will be provided, as they become available. You can retrieve this information from the Sales Manager at your authorized HUMMER dealership.

As a HUMMER H2 Personal Assistant, I am available Monday and Wednesday from 8:00 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., Tuesday and Thursday from 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m., and Friday from 8:00 a.m. to 4:45 p.m., Eastern Time to provide you with valuable information you desire to ensure your shopping experience is convenient and pleasurable.

You indicated that your preferred method of correspondence is email at []. Please let me know if this information is still valid. If you prefer to call me, my phone number is listed below. If I am unavailable to take your call, please leave a detailed voicemail message and phone number so that I may return your call. Make sure to reference your Personal Assistance Number [] in your message or email.

This exclusive program is a free service and you are under no obligation whatsoever. Thank you for your interest in the HUMMER H2 SUT. I look forward to assisting you.
Old 03-28-2004, 12:08 AM
Banned

Sorry, guys. I was pre-occupied today or I would have asked. We had a happening today and the hummer sales manager was there and he is the one that sold me my H2. We have become somewhat friendly and he was telling me what their SUT allocation was for next month. Not sure if he meant April or May. I will ask him next week if he knows any more details about ship dates and the MSRP.
Old 03-28-2004, 11:18 PM

Dan,

Here is a new picture (at least I've never seen it) - best view of the cargo area I've seen where you can actually tell the proportions versus the rest of the truck:
Attached Images

Old 03-28-2004, 11:21 PM

Dan,

Another item to ponder:

Whereas the Escalade EXT and Avalanche will allow you to fold the midgate and leave the window in >> resulting in a secure and dry storage area if you are using the tonneau cover, the SUT makes you roll down the electric window then fold the midgage >> resulting in an unsecure and potentially wet/windy storage when hauling larger items - any ideas?

Wonder if there will be an aftermarket window to fit in when the midgate is folded??

Although I prefer the electric window, the Escalade EXT and Avalanche do have an advantage in the design when you really think about storage and driving...
Old 03-29-2004, 12:03 PM
Hummer Guru

That had occured to me as well. Like you said, maybe someone will come up with an aftermarket window. I'll be fine with the stock setup.

That message from the PA is a bit unnerving. Seems like theyre prepping us for possible delays. I still don't see what the holdup with MSRP is though. Even if they have production delays, shouldn't they have the price figured out by now? Theyre losing potential early sales by delaying it.

No, I haven't seen the SUT ads in the magazines. I'll pick up a Wired next time I'm at the newsstand.
Old 03-29-2004, 12:56 PM
Hummer Guru

Oh, and I'll be going to the NY Auto Show on April 18th. I will get lots of pics and will try to beat info out of the reps. Maybe there will be a hot chick rep that I can "work".

After the show it's off to the bar for way too many beers
Old 03-30-2004, 10:29 AM
Hummer Expert

Hummer Man is off the scale

I like the rear tire mount with the LICENSE PLATE holder on the tire. The picture does it no justice in real life it is very strong looking as is the tire carrier which will work on a H2 according toi the prep engineer I met.
Old 03-30-2004, 12:52 PM
Hummer Guru

The only thing I don't like about the tire carrier is that from the side there is a pretty big gap between the tire and the tailgate. Its because of the bumper, but I wish it was in closer. I think I might ditch mine...
Old 03-30-2004, 01:19 PM
Banned

Dan,

In this picture. On both sides of the tailgate, on the inside, there appears to be a rectangular area with a hole in the center. Do you know what this is for?
Attached Images

Old 03-30-2004, 01:31 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmm, not really sure. If I had to guess I'd say they were pole holes for a soft top:
Attached Images

Old 04-02-2004, 02:12 AM

How can GM still not have pricing out for the SUT??

Why in some cases do they have their heads so far up their asses?

60 days until the SUT is on the street and NO MSRP??

Go figure - probably the same manager who developed the Nav System WITHOUT CD-Changer for the second year in a row!
Old 04-02-2004, 02:46 PM
Hummer Guru

Man youre not kidding!
Old 04-06-2004, 03:49 PM
Hummer Guru

Old 04-10-2004, 12:06 AM

Waiting on MSRP is killing me.

I've had several dealers who I've contacted call me asking if I am ready to order.

I say, "do you have a MSRP yet?"

They say, "Uhhh No."

I say, "then I'm not ready to order."

Rectal-Cranial inversion - a special affliction at GM....
Old 04-10-2004, 12:10 AM

Picture of rectal-cranial inversion:
Attached Images