H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 04-14-2009, 04:22 AM
Hummer Expert

SteveRH is an unknown quantity at this point
Default H3 vs 2 door small car - sorry no pics...

My apologies first for not having pics...
Also for the lack of timing on my post... Its been a bit...

On St. Patrick's Day, at 9AM, I was on my way to downtown Dallas on 75, headed North. I had a vehicle in front of me, one behind me and one to my left. A small red car with a tan convertible top pulled up in the lane to my right. I saw the driver look in his left hand mirror, but not directly to his left (me) or over his shoulder. He then proceeded to move into my lane. I basically punched the horn to get his attention, but that didn't work. I was boxed in and wasn't about to slam on my breaks and get rear ended.

His car hit my H3 NASCAR style. BAM! He was into my right side. What an idiot! I looked down at him and did the "Pull the expletive over" motion.

As we got out of our vehicles, the guy was full of apologies and was asking if I was OK. I walked around my truck to the right side to inspect the damage and was surprised to say the least. NOT A SCRATCH!!! We were doing 65-70 MPH and not a single bit of body damage...

I walked over to his car - his entire drive's side was a big black smear from my front side tire. He never came in contact with the body of my H3 - just the tire... I could have done more damage driving along a curb for a bit...

Thank you Hummer for making a truck with tires that are just wide enough to keep little stupid convertibles away from doing body damage. I have the black side step bars on my truck and that didn't get touched either...

Damn, I felt lucky... Maybe not lucky at all though... I made a hell of a purchase!!!

- sorry about the no pictures bit. I was a bit shaken up by the whole thing and didn't think to grab my cell to take a pic...
Old 04-14-2009, 02:33 PM
Hummer Expert

Texas Red is off the scale
Default Re: H3 vs 2 door small car - sorry no pics...

Great story.

I had a sport car whip into a parking space beside me and open the door and hit the passenger side of my H3 while I was sitting in it waiting for the wife. I got out and walked around and the door of the otther car had actually just hit the tubular sidestep. Haha! It left a nice little ding in the edge of her door.