H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-26-2011, 01:24 AM
Hummer Veteran

Smokin Joe is on a distinguished road
Default Re: 13.50's or 15.50's?

Hey Densonfrnc, did you regear? And what back spacing do you have? Your H2 is sweet!!
2001 F-350 Dually 4X4
2007 Cobalt 252
2009 Monaco Camelot 42'
2006 Yamaha Rhino
2006 Suzuki King Quad 700
Old 11-26-2011, 05:06 PM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
I've been in the same boat as some of you guys in regards to tire size. The reasons I stuck with 38's were the advice I got from my shop, carrying a spare, and being able to match up gears, programmers, etc. With 4.88 gearing, a programmer, and other mods, I'm able to cruise all day long at 75mph, and don't find my truck constantly downshifting at the slightest hill. In fact, at 70mph on a hill, I can easily still accelerate up to 75mph or greater. Prior to the gears, my truck would downshift, and I'm afraid going with 40's would cause this again, even with the 4.88's.

Another benefit I've found by staying with 38's is that no programmers, custom tunes maybe, go up to 40" tire sizes. They top out at 38's. With the gears and programmer, my speedo is corrected. I feel it keeps the truck more drivable. But, please keep in mind, I'm saying this without having driven an H2 with 40's.

I will say, however, that all the pictures with 40" tires is really tempting me. They DO look awesome! Maybe after I get a third car...

Yeah, you can tell you live in FL....lol.

On both of my H2?s, I ran 38?s with 4.56 gears AND a supercharger. The gutless POS wouldn?t maintain 70 mph with the cruise control on without kicking in and out of overdrive.... thus, the reason why I pitched that piece of crap 6.0

At the slightest incline, it would drop a gear down if the cruise control was on.

Mark
Old 11-26-2011, 07:21 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

Haha. How can you tell I live in FL?

And I'm still debating 40's. I talked to my shop, and they can have someone at Superchips send me a custom tune for my programmer that would handle 40's, thus keeping my speedo correct, and hopefully my powerband. We'll see.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat
Old 11-27-2011, 05:49 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by charles06
Haha. How can you tell I live in FL?

Cause if you're using cruise control and having no power issues, you've got to be on flat pavement....

Speaking of Florida, we left my mom's house at 1pm today to come back to NC. It's now 11:48 pm and we JUST got on I-26.

Holy crap, traffic was a cluster fudge.

Mark
Old 11-27-2011, 08:13 PM
Hummer Professional

charles06 is on a distinguished road

Ohhh, I don't actually use cruise control. I meant I can maintain that speed, but I figured you were referring to flat roads.

And, yes, traffic can suck sometimes.
White 2005 SUT, Lifted 7.5" via Fabtech/custom work, Fabtech Dirt Logic 2.25 shocks, 40x15.5x22 Toyo's, black 22" Fuel wheels, 4.88 gears, Dynatech long tube headers, Magnaflow exhaust, Air-raid intake, Superchips programmer, Edlebrock panhard bar, Cognito UCA's, Kryptonite tie rods, Cognito pitman/idlar arm gussets, Hotchkis swaybars and trailing arms, Amp Research steps, E&G fender flares, PIAA SMR's, smoked roof lights (bulbs removed), black suede headliner, 13" JL's under seat