H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

PARAGON is that your hummer in the photo shop picture? if so what kind of nerf bars are thoes? they look real big and meaty? also since you can photo shop pictures could i ask you to make the trim on a white sut all white im curious as to what it would look like. im thinkin about doin it. thanks for your time.
Old 11-29-2005, 07:58 PM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Wow!!!!!!!!! It was late last night when I responded--bigger wheels will increase stopping distance NOT Decrease it.

This is only true if the bigger wheel/tire weight is greater than the stock wheel/tire weight, assuming the overall diameter of the wheel tire comb is the same as stock. I took physics and ran nuclear power plants in another life--just made a mistake.
Old 11-29-2005, 08:49 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketw19:
PARAGON is that your hummer in the photo shop picture? if so what kind of nerf bars are thoes? they look real big and meaty? also since you can photo shop pictures could i ask you to make the trim on a white sut all white im curious as to what it would look like. im thinkin about doin it. thanks for your time. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>No. I have no idea. I guess. and lastly nope, but here:

Old 11-29-2005, 09:15 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummersGoneWild:
Wow!!!!!!!!! It was late last night when I responded--bigger wheels will increase stopping distance NOT Decrease it.

This is only true if the bigger wheel/tire weight is greater than the stock wheel/tire weight, assuming the overall diameter of the wheel tire comb is the same as stock. I took physics and ran nuclear power plants in another life--just made a mistake. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I don't know, I would think that a larger diameter wheel/tire combo would indeed increase the stopping distance even if the weight was lower or remained constant.

If the mass is concentrated farther away from the axis of rotation, the moment of inertia will be greater, making it harder to start or stop the wheel/tire. I'm sure some physics nerds could figure this out.
Old 11-30-2005, 02:09 AM
Hummer Expert

HGW is off the scale

Para--you are technically correct but the lighter tire may cancel that out?----it is so small of a diff, that I called it even.

Once you get to 37's and bigger wheels the math is not necessary--you will increase your stopping distance. Even though I sell Brembos and AP Racing and Precison Brake, etc., I question the need for bigger brakes with 37s and 20-22 inch wheels.

Beyond that, with 40s and up, I am a big advocate of bigger/better brakes.

Also, the bigger brakes are designed for repeated braking as in heavy traffic, etc. The reduce heat and really make a diff--from personal experience. The big brake kits design from the brake fade/haet redux perspective, not for decrease stopping distance.

If I lived in the mountains and had to brake down hills everyday, I would definately upgrade the H2 brakes--they are the mininmum set of stock brakes at best.
Old 11-30-2005, 03:30 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummersGoneWild:
If I lived in the mountains and had to brake down hills everyday, I would definately upgrade the H2 brakes--they are the mininmum set of stock brakes at best. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>I'm a firm believer of dropping to 3 to minimize brake use; but I do have to brake down hills everyday. Since 15K miles, I have asked the dealer to inspect brakes every oil change, because of that.

When I finally needed new brake pads, it was at 30K, and only for the rear set. So it seems the stock brakes work exceptionally with the stock wheel/tire.