H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

View Poll Results: I did a "FIND" on replacement batteries which left me more confused than when I started. The gener
D31 Optima Yellow top 900CCA 4 36.36%
D34 Optima Yellow Top 4 post - 750CCA 4 36.36%
34 Red Top Optima 800CCA 4 post 2 18.18%
NW Wrangler Dual Battery Setup 0 0%
Stick with OEM and pray a lot 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 12-31-2005, 07:10 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I did a "FIND" on replacement batteries which left me more confused than when I started. The general concensus seems to be Optima - but which one? I wanted dual (quad) posts, but the one with those posts may not have sufficient CCVs. The 31 has 900CCV, but only single posts. And I can't find the difference between the D31T and the D31A. AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH! What are you guys using, or what would you LIKE to be using, and why? I now have many lights and will be adding an electric winch soon.....
Old 12-31-2005, 07:10 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I did a "FIND" on replacement batteries which left me more confused than when I started. The general concensus seems to be Optima - but which one? I wanted dual (quad) posts, but the one with those posts may not have sufficient CCVs. The 31 has 900CCV, but only single posts. And I can't find the difference between the D31T and the D31A. AAAARRRGGGHHHHHHHHH! What are you guys using, or what would you LIKE to be using, and why? I now have many lights and will be adding an electric winch soon.....
Old 12-31-2005, 04:31 PM

Bondage is off the scale

When you vote, PLEASE chime in and tell me "why?"
THANKS!
Old 01-01-2006, 12:25 AM
Hummer Professional

rocketw19 is an unknown quantity at this point

im using a stinger SP1700 here are the details
internal resistance 3.5mohm
5 second cranking: 1700a
short circuit current: 3500a
weight: 58.5 lbs.
temperature range: -40 c to + 60 c
reserve capacity: 72ah
dimensions: 6-3/4"hx13"wx6-1/2"d
stingerelectronics.com
what all that means i dont know but i have 2 power hungrey amps and my volt meter stays put.
Old 01-01-2006, 02:43 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rocketw19:
im using a stinger SP1700 here are the details
internal resistance 3.5mohm
5 second cranking: 1700a
short circuit current: 3500a
weight: 58.5 lbs.
temperature range: -40 c to + 60 c
reserve capacity: 72ah
dimensions: 6-3/4"hx13"wx6-1/2"d
stingerelectronics.com
what all that means i dont know but i have 2 power hungrey amps and my volt meter stays put. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thanks rocket. I don't know what it all means either. lol Anybody wanna chime in and tell us why this is a good or bad battery option?????

Sean
Old 01-01-2006, 04:27 AM
Hummer Professional

Cranky Steve is an unknown quantity at this point

can't help without more info.

You have a winch? If not, no need for yellow top.

Post up more info

Official Hummer Forums "Rice Grinder"

http://www.rocknroll4x4.com
http://rubicontrailpatrol.org/index.php
http://www.friendsoftherubicon.com/
http://www.Pirate4x4.com Tool and Shop Talk, Vendor, & Toyota Truck and 4Runner Talk Forum Moderator
Old 01-01-2006, 07:31 AM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

De... err, Bondage, I clicked on the Yellow top 900 before I saw the NW set up option. Go with that. DO NOW!!!!
Old 01-01-2006, 02:57 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Cranky - I have a lot of lights, and WILL be adding a winch this year. I also like running the DVD player at night while camping after a hard day of wheeling.

DRTY - I am seriously thinking about the NW Wrangler setup, but I'm a little concerned about the individual batteries - is each one, independently and on its own, powerful enough? If I run for a while at night with full on lights, then camp and watch a movie, etc before going to sleep, will that one battery last through all that or will I have to switch over to the second BEFORE wanting it for a cold start in the morning? Does that make sense???

Sean

Phil - I read about your Optima problems during my "Find." YOU are the reason I am confused. Have your problems been resolved? Is your Optima now working up to your expectations? Is the NW Wrangler dual setup the best one out there without going really custom?
Thanks,
Sean
Old 01-01-2006, 03:41 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but call them and ask for technical details.
Old 01-01-2006, 03:44 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DRTYFN:
Yes, but call them and ask for technical details. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Will do. Thanks. How long have you been running yours? ANY problems to date?
Thanks again,
Sean
Old 01-01-2006, 04:06 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
FWIW I still like the idea of having having two Optima yellow tops linked together and having an ignition controlled solenoid between them, so when you turn the ignition off the 2nd battery is isolated and all accessories that are used with the ignition off are routed to the 2nd battery. This gives you the benefit of two batteries while running, a dedicated isolated battery for "engine off" accessories and the safety of always having one fully charged battery to get you going. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That sounds like the ideal setup. So make one and sell it to me.
Old 01-02-2006, 12:29 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
That sounds like the ideal setup. So make one and sell it to me.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>That would be the obvious solution, but seeing as I don't have time to do anything these days, it is likely not going to be forthcoming anytime soon. Although I will get around to trying it one day... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

So would you have any objections to me taking your idea to a local off road shop (ORU in Burbank) and seeing if they would fabricate and install it for me?

BTW, I'll be placing an order later tonight for some rear door gas shocks and a Gobi tool box. After Christmas, I'm damned near broke. LOL Gotta start with some of the small stuff.

Sean
Old 01-02-2006, 12:45 AM
Hummer Authority

ree is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
So would you have any objections to me taking your idea to a local off road shop (ORU in Burbank) and seeing if they would fabricate and install it for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't see why he should. It's not a patented idea, and certainly has been done before as a custom solutions on many vehicles. A couple of us on this forum have dreams of doing it ourselves...someday It's just one of those things where you have to hunt down all the right components and spend the time experimenting.

Although, if you do get something nice fabbed with good components that you decide to get manufactured and sell to the rest of us, I'm sure many of us would be willing to try it out
Old 01-02-2006, 01:13 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ree:
So would you have any objections to me taking your idea to a local off road shop (ORU in Burbank) and seeing if they would fabricate and install it for me? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Don't see why he should. It's not a patented idea, and certainly has been done before as a custom solutions on many vehicles. A couple of us on this forum have dreams of doing it ourselves...someday It's just one of those things where you have to hunt down all the right components and spend the time experimenting.

Although, if you do get something nice fabbed with good components that you decide to get manufactured and sell to the rest of us, I'm sure many of us would be willing to try it out </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I know, but, patented or not, I like to ask. If I do it, I'll certainly let you know!

Sean
Old 01-02-2006, 11:54 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

No patent, no claim to have even thought of it, just sounds like the right approach to me. Nice to be asked though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Phil, can I have your lion.