H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

View Poll Results: I did a "FIND" on replacement batteries which left me more confused than when I started. The gener
D31 Optima Yellow top 900CCA 4 36.36%
D34 Optima Yellow Top 4 post - 750CCA 4 36.36%
34 Red Top Optima 800CCA 4 post 2 18.18%
NW Wrangler Dual Battery Setup 0 0%
Stick with OEM and pray a lot 1 9.09%
Voters: 11. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-03-2006, 01:16 AM

Bondage is off the scale

Can I have your GARAGE????

Sean
Old 01-03-2006, 01:33 AM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

I just replaced my factory battery a few weeks back with an Optima Red top (4post) from Sams. It had a longer warranty than the Yellow one plus I plan to go with a Hydraulic winch so deep cycle performance isn't as important to me.

It looked very small compared to the factory batt. but the cranking amps were higher. I would like to run all my accesories (amp, lights) off the top post and just the starter off the side mount so thing aren't so cluttered. Right now, the connections are all back to back with ring terminals.

We'll see how it performs overtime, I've never had an optima in a Truck. . .

I run an Optima Blue Top - Start/Deep Cycle combo on the Boat. It holds a charge very well (over several months) and will run the stereo for hours.
Old 01-03-2006, 01:40 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
Damn, look what I started. The only thing anyone can have is my bills! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Okay, okay, I'll take your bills. Just the 100's 50's and 20's though, k?

Sean
Old 01-03-2006, 01:42 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Longhorn:
I just replaced my factory battery a few weeks back with an Optima Red top (4post) from Sams. It had a longer warranty than the Yellow one plus I plan to go with a Hydraulic winch so deep cycle performance isn't as important to me.

It looked very small compared to the factory batt. but the cranking amps were higher. I would like to run all my accesories (amp, lights) off the top post and just the starter off the side mount so thing aren't so cluttered. Right now, the connections are all back to back with ring terminals.

We'll see how it performs overtime, I've never had an optima in a Truck. . .

I run an Optima Blue Top - Start/Deep Cycle combo on the Boat. It holds a charge very well (over several months) and will run the stereo for hours. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That's weird - what was the difference in the warranty between the red top and yellow top? I'm going to Sears or Sam's tomorrow, and STILL haven't decided which way to go! LOL

Sean
Old 01-03-2006, 01:52 AM
Hummer Professional

Longhorn is off the scale

Yes, Sams offered a 36 month free replacement on the Red and Only 12 months on the Yellow (to the best of my recollection). Both had additional prorated coverage beyond the initial term.
Old 01-03-2006, 02:23 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
No patent, no claim to have even thought of it, just sounds like the right approach to me. Nice to be asked though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All this polite niceties is making me sick . Give me the good 'ol rudeness and nastiness anytime . Where the f are the trolls? Someone tell em Christmas is over!!
Old 01-03-2006, 02:28 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
No patent, no claim to have even thought of it, just sounds like the right approach to me. Nice to be asked though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All this polite niceties is making me sick . Give me the good 'ol rudeness and nastiness anytime . Where the f are the trolls? Someone tell em Christmas is over!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GFY

Sean
Old 01-03-2006, 02:39 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
No patent, no claim to have even thought of it, just sounds like the right approach to me. Nice to be asked though </div></BLOCKQUOTE>All this polite niceties is making me sick . Give me the good 'ol rudeness and nastiness anytime . Where the f are the trolls? Someone tell em Christmas is over!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

GFY

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the best you can do? Lame. Try this: "Roger Moore was the best Bond ever!!"
Old 01-03-2006, 02:52 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:

GFY

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>That's the best you can do? Lame. Try this: "Roger Moore was the best Bond ever!!" </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

OMFG!!!!! Only a ghey asian man would think such a thing. BTW, I heard Chakra was boarded up and condemned due to rat droppings in a pile of unrefrigerated dog meat. True?

Sean
ps - you're right, Horace - this is MUCH better conversation! LMFAO
Old 01-03-2006, 02:55 AM

Bondage is off the scale

BTW - you havn't answered my PM.................

Sean
Old 01-03-2006, 03:18 AM
Hummer Authority

Dog meat is delicious! Specially poodle... hmmm... finger lickin' dawg!!
Old 01-06-2006, 02:19 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Okay - I went with the Optima 34 with the goal of eventually fabbing a dual Optima 34 setup. I took the idea to ORU (Off Road Unlimited) in Burbank. Once they saw the Hummer, they got really weird. What a strange place to experience Hummer Hatred or, in this case, I think it was some bizzare kind of snobbery where they think H2's are shopping mall vehicles. It was strange. I talked to the guy about the idea and he pointed out the front window and said, "For that? I said yeah and he responded with a snide little grimace and, "Oh no. Those things have enough electrical problems as it is." I know my face got a little red. I was pissed. I smiled and said, "Oh, okay. So I guess I should save the few thousand I was gonna spend with you on a winch and some more lights and stuff. I mean, they're all electric, right?" He stammered. I smiled and left. WEIRD!

I have another avenue to explore so HOPEFULLY I can get this dual battery setup going eventually.

Sean
Old 01-06-2006, 02:33 PM
Hummer Authority

GLBLWARMR is an unknown quantity at this point

Had a similar situation when I was out shopping for rims and tires. Went to a local off-road shop and was talking to them about what I wanted to do and they were not to friendly about doing it. They kept brushing me off almost like they thought I couldn't afford it and was just wasting their time. So I left and went down the street to another shop. I ended up getting everything I wanted with discounts from these guys. It was great because they were all about stealing business from the other guy.
2013 Victory Cross Country
2006 Suzuki Hayabusa
Old 01-06-2006, 07:46 PM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by GLBLWARMR:
Had a similar situation when I was out shopping for rims and tires. Went to a local off-road shop and was talking to them about what I wanted to do and they were not to friendly about doing it. They kept brushing me off almost like they thought I couldn't afford it and was just wasting their time. So I left and went down the street to another shop. I ended up getting everything I wanted with discounts from these guys. It was great because they were all about stealing business from the other guy. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

God bless capitalist competition!!! Good for you!

Sean
Old 01-07-2006, 06:13 PM
Hummer Guru

RIC-H0 is an unknown quantity at this point

I too have had issues with the optima red top not holding a charge, but it was easily replaced under warranty. The problem was discovered right away(next morning) so I was not left stranded high and dry. Have not had a problem with the battery since then. Although, My factory battery served just fine for my lights, stereo, DVD player, and winch. It never let me down, until it went completely dead 2.5 years later. It actually has more cold cranking amps than the red top, and IMO is a good all around battery! So unless you are just having battery problems, just run to fail, and carry a portable battery jumper when you go out into the booneys(or atleast a good set of jumper cables).

Ric
Old 01-08-2006, 04:47 PM
Hummer Expert

GeorgeSSSS is off the scale

Really dumb suggestion (someone educate me as to where I am going wrong).

Whenever I've needed to replace a car battery for the last 20 years, I've gotten the biggest, most expensive M***** F***** Sears DieHard that would fit in the bracket and I've never had a problem.

What am I missing here?

Thanks,

George SSSS
Black 2005 Adventure Series; factory touch screen GPS w/XM radio; factory express open/close sunroof; reclining second row seats; Warn 9.5ti Multi-Mount Winch; Gobi Stealth roof rack with PIAA lights; HotShot windshield washer fluid system
Old 01-08-2006, 06:49 PM
Hummer Professional

Shrek_H2 is off the scale

Heres a setup some of you might be interested....I'm getting the dual alternator doen and second battery....on my H2...shoudl be done by end of the month...

My brother has the same setup for his Escalade...with factory battery and second optima yellow top running a 3000watt sound system and hasnt had one problem...

http://www.davesdcelectric.com/pages/1/index.htm

H2 HUMMER W/ 130-160AMP ALT............................................... ...............$675.00

DUAL AC/ALT H2 HUMMER W/ 140A ALT ..............................................$925 .00

All the great toys are on my driveway.....