H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-28-2005, 12:13 PM

UNOMYFLO is off the scale

F5Fstop this one is for you.

I put the monsoon 6 disc head in 2 weeks ago and had it programmed and working fine, with the variety of the xm radio I havent put in regular cd's until last week I put an over the counter (store brought) cd in and no problem. This morning I loaded 3 home made cd's. the first 2 went in fine the 3rd put me in a world of hurt. It first said check cd then I went to eject it and it wont, then it said initailizing. Now it wont do a thing with the cd's at all. I can play xm and am and fm no problem I hit the eject button and it wont spit the 4th cd out and now on the uper left of the display it shows 4 cd's loaded and the 4 cd icon had a flashing line under it. and the led next to the cd slot is red....ughhhhhhh

What do I need to do to get this cd out??

The dealer is 2 hrs away from me.....

I cant even remove the 6 disc now and put my old single cd head back in as the monsoon 6 disc has been programed to my H3 and my old deck wont be recognized now......In the manual it shows the possible problems when the screen reads check cd....scratched disc..not on my discs they are pefect, radio to hot...nope it did it the first 3 minutes after I started the truck up this am on the way to work,....rough road...nope sitting in my driveway...cd upside down...no, improper cd format perhaps but the other 2 I burnt went in and played fine....plus it wont come out of the deck,,

I need help here...

Thanks Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 12:13 PM

F5Fstop this one is for you.

I put the monsoon 6 disc head in 2 weeks ago and had it programmed and working fine, with the variety of the xm radio I havent put in regular cd's until last week I put an over the counter (store brought) cd in and no problem. This morning I loaded 3 home made cd's. the first 2 went in fine the 3rd put me in a world of hurt. It first said check cd then I went to eject it and it wont, then it said initailizing. Now it wont do a thing with the cd's at all. I can play xm and am and fm no problem I hit the eject button and it wont spit the 4th cd out and now on the uper left of the display it shows 4 cd's loaded and the 4 cd icon had a flashing line under it. and the led next to the cd slot is red....ughhhhhhh

What do I need to do to get this cd out??

The dealer is 2 hrs away from me.....

I cant even remove the 6 disc now and put my old single cd head back in as the monsoon 6 disc has been programed to my H3 and my old deck wont be recognized now......In the manual it shows the possible problems when the screen reads check cd....scratched disc..not on my discs they are pefect, radio to hot...nope it did it the first 3 minutes after I started the truck up this am on the way to work,....rough road...nope sitting in my driveway...cd upside down...no, improper cd format perhaps but the other 2 I burnt went in and played fine....plus it wont come out of the deck,,

I need help here...

Thanks Mike
Old 11-28-2005, 12:33 PM

Forgot to say there are no labels on any of the cd's in the head now and no writing of any kind.

The cd's are staples brand regular 650meg CD-R.

Help I need this disc out of the head...

strange the other 2 exact same brand and burnt file type cd's went in and worked fine..makes me think it is the internal changer mechanism..if it is I am pulling it out and when I go into the dealer (hopefully for a new onstar module install the can re-program my old single disc head that I will put back in...

Man I am bummed this sucks!

F5Fstop will pulling the radio fuze and re-installing it help? cycling the key of and on while holding the eject button? I read these from a search I did on this site...

It wont eject any of the cd's also..1-3 aree in a holding pattern now I guess until I do something with cd 4.

whats the deal with it saying initializing on thr face also It has done this 3 times then juts dumps me out...
Old 11-28-2005, 03:38 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

Did you call the dealer to ask a tech if there's any way to fix it?
Old 11-28-2005, 04:09 PM

Not yet I was trying to get some help he before I wenthat route.

I know what they ae going to say.

"Bring it in"
Old 11-29-2005, 03:03 AM

Update
I put my stock single disc head back in and it works I have since learned the head remembers the car not not the car to the head.

I will see if the dealer can plug in the teck 2 and get the 4 discs out then I will put it back in.

He said he has seen problems with home burnt cd's messing up in the heads, he mentioned that the tech 2 could probably get them out.

I pulled the radio fuze in hope that it would reset the head and I could get th cd's out and now when I went to eject the cd's it says no dics...there are 4 in there??? and thr red led next to the cd slot is allways red ans I have the cd icon flashing on the face...must have lost its memory.....

At least I got my fully working single stock head in thought now I can deal with the 6-disc out of the H3.
UNO
Old 11-29-2005, 08:51 AM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

The tech 2 plugs into the car's data link connector, so the defective radio will have to be in the car.