H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

FishnMan is off the scale

Well, I'm talking about the H3 lights of course. Yes, both the headlights and foglights. I flashed my hibeams at my son who asked me if I had just flashed them. He said they looked not much brighter than the normal low beams! You already how weak the fogs are! To prove a point, we drove about 20 miles on busy highway with the brights on; not one person flashed us back. Pretty sad. I know there have been several posts regarding light replacements, but here is my latest question. Based on the experience out there, what are the brightest "plug and play" lights out there for the H3? I'm not sure if I can afford HID system and installation. Thanks for your expertise in this matter.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

Well, I'm talking about the H3 lights of course. Yes, both the headlights and foglights. I flashed my hibeams at my son who asked me if I had just flashed them. He said they looked not much brighter than the normal low beams! You already how weak the fogs are! To prove a point, we drove about 20 miles on busy highway with the brights on; not one person flashed us back. Pretty sad. I know there have been several posts regarding light replacements, but here is my latest question. Based on the experience out there, what are the brightest "plug and play" lights out there for the H3? I'm not sure if I can afford HID system and installation. Thanks for your expertise in this matter.
Old 11-21-2005, 03:57 PM
Hummer Veteran

Malibu1 is off the scale

I've had good luck with the Sylvania Silverstars. Haven't done any research to see if the one used for the H3 is available but it's worth checkning into
Old 11-21-2005, 04:07 PM
Hummer Veteran

LAREDO TEXAS is off the scale

Hello

If you can afford an H3 you can afford a set of HID for around $200.00 the pair on Ebay... Try them its worth it.
Old 11-21-2005, 07:52 PM
Hummer Guru

f5fstop is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Malibu1:
I've had good luck with the Sylvania Silverstars. Haven't done any research to see if the one used for the H3 is available but it's worth checkning into </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have to, but Sylvania does not make a silverstar for the H13 bulb, and there are different statements from Sylvania as to whether or not they will make any in the future.
Old 11-21-2005, 09:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

tony d is an unknown quantity at this point

I just installed nokya bulbs h-13 for the headlites the upgraded version from stock and they are great, also upgraded the fog lites with
mtec bulbs ordered them from http://www.automotivelightingusa.com/
Old 11-21-2005, 10:34 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

weird! mine seem ok! :P

ebay hid's of course
Old 11-22-2005, 03:08 AM
Hummer Expert

Klint is an unknown quantity at this point

how do you get to the lights? I guess I should search before I post
Old 11-22-2005, 08:26 AM

WPBGUY is off the scale

Me too! I installed the Nokya Hyper White bulbs for the headlampd. I also installed the Nokya bulbs (H10/55w) for my fogs and Nokya (6005's for my off road lights). I was not happy with the color match. I did not like the blue tint on my off road and fog lights. So I switched to Mtec, but they do not make and h-10 so I put in 9005's in the fog lights. They seem to be to bright and the they get very hot, there has been some melting of the reflector. I have not been able to change the off road lights yet, because of a "Rivnut" problem. I am searching for replacement fog light for the H3. I have been able to find then for the H2, though. They also make a metal upper bumber for them too!
Old 11-22-2005, 08:27 AM
Hummer Expert

Huck BB62 is an unknown quantity at this point

Your lights are not adjusted properly. Save yourself a ton of money and effort and adjust your lamps up. They WON'T cause people to flash you because they're pointed at the ground! One and a half to two full turns counter clockwise. They adjusters are the cadnium plated torx bolts inside the recesses right up front under the hood. Too easy, too cheap.

I drive 45 miles in the mountains every night. At first, I was very disappointed, now, they're just fine. In fact, they're very good. Mine are a little high because of the hills, I need them that way.
Old 11-22-2005, 10:42 AM

Rajin Cajun is off the scale

Here is a link to some various pics I took with the stock lights, fog lights & off road lights. Definetly not as bright as A HID setup but they are bright. http://elcova.com/groupee/forums/a/t...1/m/9211027641
Old 11-22-2005, 11:53 AM
Hummer Authority

see now for all the money you spent on all those bulbs you could have gotten one set of HID's off ebay....
Old 11-22-2005, 03:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:
I read the thread and the topic starter and it was not what I thought. I was thinking he was being honest about himself </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hmmmm, that was a great attempt at humor there Alec. Lets see: 6031 posts in @ 3 years. That equals @ 2010 posts/year, or, @165 posts/month, or, @ 42 posts/week, or, @ 6 posts per day. For some one with so much to say, I'm not hearing much. You are an attention whore, is all. Keep padding those posts with your faint attempts at humor. At least when I use this site, I'm asking a legit question because I need an answer regarding my H3. The road to hell definately rolls through you bro. Have a great day, and don't forget, you have only 4.9 posts left for today to keep your pace.
BTW, I'm just talkin `sh!t~...don't tak eit personally
Old 11-22-2005, 04:15 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Why do some noobs always come in and feel that they need to take on oltimers in the forum? Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright!
Old 11-22-2005, 05:22 PM
Hummer Veteran

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Why do some noobs always come in and feel that they need to take on oltimers in the forum? Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight H2, according to you, I'm taking on an oldtimer? It would appear (if you actually watched this entire thread) that the oldtimer took a shot at me. I just shot back. Maybe you need to take that chinese dragon costume off your head and get a fresh breath of air! You say..." Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright!??? Does that mean if I do those things, I'm intelligent? Like you, maybe? That's incredible H2, did you come up with that one yourself? You are pretty funny! YES, technically I am a noob to this site, but you are a noob to having a clue. Now quit bothering me or I shall taunta you a second tima..
Old 11-22-2005, 06:58 PM
Hummer Veteran

xburbman is off the scale

I began reading this thread with very high expectations...however am greatly dissapointed...all this talk of headlights, highbeams, Silverstars, Brights on...and not 1 picture of bewbs...it's just not right. I'll see what I can do to fix that when I get home tonight.
Old 11-23-2005, 06:40 AM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Wow, so many questions. Sorry FishnMan, didn't mean to get over your head. Look, just don't worry about it kay? I'll try not to confuse you in the future. RAARRR!11<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FishnMan:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H2Finally:
Why do some noobs always come in and feel that they need to take on oltimers in the forum? Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Let me get this straight H2, according to you, I'm taking on an oldtimer? It would appear (if you actually watched this entire thread) that the oldtimer took a shot at me. I just shot back. Maybe you need to take that chinese dragon costume off your head and get a fresh breath of air! You say..." Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright!??? Does that mean if I do those things, I'm intelligent? Like you, maybe? That's incredible H2, did you come up with that one yourself? You are pretty funny! YES, technically I am a noob to this site, but you are a noob to having a clue. Now quit bothering me or I shall taunta you a second tima.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 11-23-2005, 07:05 AM
Hummer Authority

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by xburbman:
I began reading this thread with very high expectations...however am greatly dissapointed...all this talk of headlights, highbeams, Silverstars, Brights on...and not 1 picture of bewbs...it's just not right. I'll see what I can do to fix that when I get home tonight. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

HEY!
Old 11-23-2005, 01:26 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FishnMan:

Let me get this straight H2, according to you, I'm taking on an oldtimer? It would appear (if you actually watched this entire thread) that the oldtimer took a shot at me. I just shot back. Maybe you need to take that chinese dragon costume off your head and get a fresh breath of air! You say..." Unless you're into self-mutilation and other nasties, you really are Not too bright!??? Does that mean if I do those things, I'm intelligent? Like you, maybe? That's incredible H2, did you come up with that one yourself? You are pretty funny! YES, technically I am a noob to this site, but you are a noob to having a clue. Now quit bothering me or I shall taunta you a second tima.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Ignorant tool. Alec has contributed more in 5 posts than you ever will. And with that <span class="ev_code_BLACK">sh</span>it attitude of yours you're going to be a constant target for our entertainment.
Attached Images