H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM

H3Infrmr is off the scale

I recently purchase my H3 back in August and after the first couple weeks, I noticed that my light went out on my fan knob (center knob).

Just recently, I went to get into my H3 and I heard a faint continuous chime noise. Not you typical door opening or lights on chime, but a chime related to the radio somehow. I closed the door and it continued. I noticed that the radio clock was reset. After starting it up and letting it warm up, the chime stopped.
The next day, the chime erratically kept coming on and off as well as the radio (and display) coming on then off, then on, them off and the speakers popping (with or without the Hummer running). After a few minutes, everything was on and functioning fine. The hummer itself runs great and this just start recently with the radio. The weather did get cold and I think that attributed to this. Is there a bad connection???? Not grounded??? Anyone know or experienced a problem similar? Went to the dealer and they checked the battery and fuses and they were not sure because it was not acting then. Still doing it though! Appreciate any advice!!!!!

Thank you!!!
V
Old 12-06-2005, 01:37 PM

H3Infrmr is off the scale

I recently purchase my H3 back in August and after the first couple weeks, I noticed that my light went out on my fan knob (center knob).

Just recently, I went to get into my H3 and I heard a faint continuous chime noise. Not you typical door opening or lights on chime, but a chime related to the radio somehow. I closed the door and it continued. I noticed that the radio clock was reset. After starting it up and letting it warm up, the chime stopped.
The next day, the chime erratically kept coming on and off as well as the radio (and display) coming on then off, then on, them off and the speakers popping (with or without the Hummer running). After a few minutes, everything was on and functioning fine. The hummer itself runs great and this just start recently with the radio. The weather did get cold and I think that attributed to this. Is there a bad connection???? Not grounded??? Anyone know or experienced a problem similar? Went to the dealer and they checked the battery and fuses and they were not sure because it was not acting then. Still doing it though! Appreciate any advice!!!!!

Thank you!!!
V
Old 12-06-2005, 04:36 PM

Humm3r is off the scale

I'm not sure if this is the same problem, but my speakers occasionally crackle (almost like static on a phone line). It lasts for 5-10 sec. and goes away. Sometimes I turn the volume knob back and forth a few times, and it goes away. Very strange. Let me know if you get your problem figured out.
Old 12-07-2005, 01:20 PM
Hummer Expert

kodiakz is off the scale

Sounds like a radio problem. Have the dealer check out the radio or possibly reprogram it with the tech II.
\'05 Slate Blue Sut w/ Magnusun, JBA headers, custom exhaust, 22\" MC2 RT5 wheels, Pioneer AVIC Z1 nav, Passport SRX, Vizualogic A1000 dual, bi xenons, fog xenons, dual optimas, and just gettin\' started!
Old 12-07-2005, 01:57 PM
Hummer Guru

fourfourto is an unknown quantity at this point

If you go back and forth with volume knob and it crackles A blast with tunner spray usually works you can get it at radio shack.Usually it happens to older radios it couldnt hurt to use it .
H3 gray adventure,brushguard,hood handles,sunroof,steps,crossbows,smokers package,window/sunroof visor,Airbrushed spare tire cover,mudflaps,K&N filter,SS Hummer insert,Hummer rubber mats,cargo rubber mat + shade,12 volt airhorn,eclipse nav/dvd/rear camera/mini remote,autostart,12 volt fridge,high beam garage remote,underhood air compressor, taillight bezels ,clinometer ,trailer brake and hitch.