H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > ETC. Forums > General Off Topic

View Poll Results: What do you think happens when you die?
Yes. You are reborn on this earth with no knowledge of your past life. 3 6.82%
No. When you die, all goes black for all eternity. 17 38.64%
Yes. There is a Heaven and Hell 19 43.18%
Yes. We move on to another level of existence(4th dimension or ghosts). 4 9.09%
Yes. Other possibility. 4 9.09%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 44. You may not vote on this poll

Old 02-10-2007, 06:24 AM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Do you believe in Life After Death???????

I'm gonna be pleasured by 50 virgins.

"Oh right! dirka dirka mohammad jihad!"

My Video Collectionez

Old 02-10-2007, 06:38 AM
Hummer Expert

deserth3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I find that somewhat of a contradiction. For them to stay virgins you aren't getting any.

Figure I'll find out when I get there. Just hope there's plenty of offroading and the wine is cold.
Old 02-10-2007, 06:47 AM
Hummer Authority

ssgharkness020147 is an unknown quantity at this point

You need a soul for the afterlife Dennis.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC

"Oh right! dirka dirka mohammad jihad!"

-007=
Old 02-10-2007, 08:28 AM
Hummer Guru

frenzy1 is on a distinguished road

MY TRUCK : NO !
MY DOG : MAYBE
MY WIFE : YES

Old 02-10-2007, 05:49 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
That reminds me of a documentry that really rattled my chain. He said something like this.
Quote:

Insects like ants live in a 1 dimensional world of consciousness.They are not aware of the world around them or us.

Animals like dogs live in a 2 dimensional world of consciousness they see us but are not self aware.

We all live in a 3 dimensional world. We are self aware but cannot see beyond our dimension like the ant. But there are stories of people seeing ghosts.

Ghost and spirits live in a 4th dimension where they can see all dimensions below and on some occasion, able to contact with the 3rd.

And apparently it goes to like 7 or 8 and comes around in a full circle or figure 8 symbolizing eternity.

BTW, I'll be recruiting at Moab for my newly formed cult.
I've always enjoyed conversations with you concerning dimensional theory, but never thought it'd come up here.

The basic idea behind all string theories is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of extremely small scale (possibly Planck length, about 10−35 m) which vibrate at specific resonant frequencies. Thus, any particle should be thought of as a tiny vibrating object, rather than as a point. This object can vibrate in different modes (just as a guitar string can produce different notes), with every mode appearing as a different particle (electron, photon etc.). Strings can split and combine, which would appear as particles emitting and absorbing other particles, presumably giving rise to the known interactions between particles.

In addition to strings, this theory also includes objects of higher dimensions, such as D-branes and NS-branes. Furthermore, all string theories predict the existence of degrees of freedom which are usually described as extra dimensions. String theory is thought to include some 10, 11 or 26 dimensions, depending on the specific theory and on the point of view with time being the constant dimension, thus these are known as 9+1, 10+1 and 25+1.

No experimental verification or falsification of the theory has yet been possible, thus leading many experts to turn to one of several alternate models, such as Loop quantum gravity. However, with the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland scientists may produce relevant data.
Old 02-10-2007, 11:05 PM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
I've always enjoyed conversations with you concerning dimensional theory, but never thought it'd come up here.

The basic idea behind all string theories is that the fundamental constituents of reality are strings of extremely small scale (possibly Planck length, about 10−35 m) which vibrate at specific resonant frequencies. Thus, any particle should be thought of as a tiny vibrating object, rather than as a point. This object can vibrate in different modes (just as a guitar string can produce different notes), with every mode appearing as a different particle (electron, photon etc.). Strings can split and combine, which would appear as particles emitting and absorbing other particles, presumably giving rise to the known interactions between particles.

In addition to strings, this theory also includes objects of higher dimensions, such as D-branes and NS-branes. Furthermore, all string theories predict the existence of degrees of freedom which are usually described as extra dimensions. String theory is thought to include some 10, 11 or 26 dimensions, depending on the specific theory and on the point of view with time being the constant dimension, thus these are known as 9+1, 10+1 and 25+1.

No experimental verification or falsification of the theory has yet been possible, thus leading many experts to turn to one of several alternate models, such as Loop quantum gravity. However, with the construction of the Large Hadron Collider in Geneva, Switzerland scientists may produce relevant data.

Old 02-11-2007, 12:31 AM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

You better watch out I'm telling you why...
He's comming to town!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 02-11-2007, 03:08 AM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

I belive in the baby jesus
Old 02-11-2007, 04:49 AM
Hummer Expert

Marcmedic is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You stayed at a Holiday Inn Express last night, didn't you
Old 02-11-2007, 05:33 AM
Hummer Authority

K9sH3 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Yeah wtf~
Old 02-11-2007, 06:45 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:

Cuncur

My Video Collectionez

Old 02-11-2007, 04:45 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by wilfred

Sorry, Dennis and I often have spirited discussions on different theories, taking differing sides just for the purpose of debate. Let me explain further:

During one arguement, Dennis and I debated two of the most important, yet conflicting laws of physics; he choosing The General Theory of Relativity and myself choosing Quantum Physics.

Inconsistencies arise when one tries to join the quantum laws with general relativity, a more elaborate description of spacetime which incorporates gravitation. Resolving these inconsistencies has been a major goal of twentieth- and twenty-first-century physics. Many prominent physicists, including Stephen Hawking in his book, A Brief History of Time, have labored in the attempt to discover a "Grand Unification Theory" that combines not only different models of subatomic physics, but also defines the universe's four forces--the strong force, weak force, electromagnetism, and gravity--as being different variations of a single force or phenomenon.

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics—an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.
Old 02-11-2007, 11:12 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

I never had any idea that you were such an intellectual, Ken... No offense, but it's hard to get a read on someone through a forum.

There wasn't an "I don't know" answer Dennis!

As for my ponderings:
Right now, I'm sitting in a building with high-powered electron beams below me, and many radiological devices, all of which have the capacity to kill me rather quickly... So I suppose a discussion on life and death is somewhat appropriate.

Anyway, I don't really know. I figure that humans perhaps have an innate desire to live beyond death, whether it be emotional connections to others that we wish to maintain, or maybe the fear of being alone. Or, considering that for many, many years (since ~50,000 years ago) humans have been performing some sort of rituals or giving respect to the deceased, perhaps there is something spiritual out there that we are connected too that other animals are not which maybe has been lost in recent times.

I suppose we would all like to know there was something after death. I think I would be GREATLY relieved if I actually saw a ghost, simply as recognition that there is something beyond our flesh and blood. So I'd probably go running towards it rather than running away... But as for now, I don't have an answer. I can only try to live out what I know exists to the fullest, and attempt to take comfort in the fact that millions upon billions of others have passed from this life and into whatever there is after this.

My .02.
Old 02-12-2007, 03:25 AM
Banned

lotus4s is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes I believe in life after death and God, and heaven and hell.

When I look at the wonder and complexity of the human body along with every other creature and system that co-exists in harmony in this world, it's hard for me not to believe in intelligent design. I just can't fathom that it all happened by chance.

I'm sure that many of you with far greater intellect will consider that to be bordering on nonsensical, but for me it makes perfect sense. One thing about it, if I'm wrong so what. But if I'm right, then a bunch of you guys are in for a rude awakening....

You guys/gals never cease to amaze me though, I can't believe I'm discussing this on this forum.......
Old 02-12-2007, 04:01 AM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
I suppose we would all like to know there was something after death. I think I would be GREATLY relieved if I actually saw a ghost, simply as recognition that there is something beyond our flesh and blood.

My .02.

Exactly! I don't understand why there is fear of ghosts or supernatural.

I could stay in a haunted house all night if it would guarantee a ghost sighting. It would also be comforting to know there would be some type of existence after death.

My Video Collectionez

Old 02-12-2007, 07:59 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Quote:

+

Quote:
Sorry, Dennis and I often have spirited discussions on different theories, taking differing sides just for the purpose of debate. Let me explain further:

During one arguement, Dennis and I debated two of the most important, yet conflicting laws of physics; he choosing The General Theory of Relativity and myself choosing Quantum Physics.

Inconsistencies arise when one tries to join the quantum laws with general relativity, a more elaborate description of spacetime which incorporates gravitation. Resolving these inconsistencies has been a major goal of twentieth- and twenty-first-century physics. Many prominent physicists, including Stephen Hawking in his book, A Brief History of Time, have labored in the attempt to discover a "Grand Unification Theory" that combines not only different models of subatomic physics, but also defines the universe's four forces--the strong force, weak force, electromagnetism, and gravity--as being different variations of a single force or phenomenon.

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics?an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.

=

Old 02-12-2007, 08:17 AM
Hummer Professional

wilfred is off the scale

Quote:

I could stay in a haunted house all night if it would guarantee a ghost sighting. It would also be comforting to know there would be some type of existence after death.

I think it's fear of the unknown. As far as ghosts or supernatural, I think we have to thank hollywood for that. Come on, wouldn't you be scare if you are watching TV or using the computer and someone start crawling out of the screen?

I have had quite a few unexplainable encounters. So I know what I am talking about
Old 02-12-2007, 02:32 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Well, if you believed in ghosts it would be fair to say that an encounter you could have would be with a stranger (one you have never met).

I know for a fact that for every live spirit I know there are about 10 weirdos maybe more. No, I'd say 25 weirdos per 1 normal human I have met. That's a 1/25 chance your encountered spirit is a weirdo. I don't like stranger wierdos - live or clinically dead.

So sleeping amoungst weirdos would not be my thing.

I think it is naive to think that there is nothing else out in the blackness surrounding the universe but I also think it naive to believe anything that is percieved or written by humans- especially ones without the knowledge collected in the last century even. You must also factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio, the imagination of children, the psychological and instinctual need of father/parental figures, and societal/political behavior etc.

But, that being said it is also instinctual (designed) for humans to look to/believe in/seek out something higher (as evidence clearly shows throughout human history). Even if you factor in the 1/25 weirdo ratio among past political/societal leaders- the belief/seeking is still there.

So I myself as an unbiased human and looking at things scientifically; have concluded that all energies and elements (known and unknown) are cyclic therefore the psychological spirit (thoughts, knowledge, mind, possibly emotions) may very well be a "tangible" element that in theory would also be cyclic and could very well be cycled unchanged.

But I also think it naive to think that even if that "psychological spirit" were cycled intact and moved beyond our current state to another dimension/plane of new elements, it would be deserving of such knowledge or even possible to convey it. Blackness could be the conclusion but may not conclude anything.

For even if it was possible- the "answer" revealed to the infinite number of spirits- it's purpose and existance in an "all the answers" kind of way, I have a feeling that we/they would seek out the creator of the creating divine.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:11 PM
Hummer Guru

BKLYNH2 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

It comes down to this, Wilfred: Are all things in nature actually super-tiny bits of strings that are vibrating strands of energy? If so, string theory would merge general relativity and quantum mechanics, and would explain the origin of space, time, and the universe itself. Or is the theory, as some critics claim, just extraordinarily complex mathematics which may have nothing to do with physics and a theory of nothing, not everything? If so, physicists are back to the drawing board in their quest for the Holy Grail of physics?an ultimate theory of everything.

Quite simple, actually.

Yeah - You guys have just been smoki'n the reefer a lot, haven't you.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:17 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BKLYNH2
Yeah - You guys have just been smoki'n the reefer a lot, haven't you.
I'm a juicer, not a stoner.