H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H3

Old 03-01-2007, 06:13 AM
Elcova Newbie

NYHummerH3 is on a distinguished road
Default Zoomers Exhaust & McCulloch HID Kits

After reading about Zoomers on this forum I called them up last Friday and ordered one. Today I got a big-ass box standing between my screen door and front door that's pretty good turnaround time all the way from CA to NY. Frank quoted me a sweet price and Ron put the order in. I will let you guys know how the system is as soon as I get it installed over the weekend.

Oh I also have two McCulloch HID kits for my driving and fog lights they are bright as hell I will cover that as well over the weekend.
Old 03-09-2007, 12:28 AM
Steve - SanJose

Default Re: Zoomers Exhaust & McCulloch HID Kits

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYHummerH3
After reading about Zoomers on this forum I called them up last Friday and ordered one. Today I got a big-ass box standing between my screen door and front door that's pretty good turnaround time all the way from CA to NY. Frank quoted me a sweet price and Ron put the order in. I will let you guys know how the system is as soon as I get it installed over the weekend.

Oh I also have two McCulloch HID kits for my driving and fog lights they are bright as hell I will cover that as well over the weekend.

any luck getting it installed?....
Old 03-09-2007, 12:57 AM
Hummer Guru

DDWH is an unknown quantity at this point

"OBAMA......Making Jimmy Carter LOOK GOOD!"
Old 03-09-2007, 02:44 AM
Steve - SanJose

yea, like munching popcorn waiting for post #2...
Old 03-12-2007, 06:18 AM
Elcova Newbie

NYHummerH3 is on a distinguished road

My bad guys I got the exhaust installed last weekend but haven't had time to write up a review until today.

So the Zoomers Exhaust System consists of eight pieces: front connector pipe, exhaust chamber, Y-pipe assembly, tail pipe, and four clamps. Installation is simple but there are two things to be aware of: 1) cutting of the front pipe of the stock system with a saw is needed; 2) jacking up the H3 might be necessary in order to get the stock system out. Tack welds at clamp joints are recommended but not required. One would want to inspect the pieces to make sure nothing is missing and everything fits before starting the installation process.

Idling gives out a nice low rumble. I did a side-by-side with my friend's Infiniti FX and the Zoomers on the H3 is louder and throatier than his stock V6 dual exhaust. I am liking the crackling sound when you rev the engine It's not whiny or lame like the fart cans or inferior exhaust systems. I am not sure how the Zoomers compares with a V8 maybe next week I will do a side-by-side with my other friend's Escalade.

The rumbling is barely audible inside the H3 with the Windows up while idling. There is some minimal droning at exactly 2K RPM but the droning decreases once the tach goes pass 2K and you hear the standard "wooooooooooo" acceleration sound which is kind of weird. After a week of city and highway driving with windows up and down and music on and off I can say I have no issue with any excessive droning or loud noise. In fact, six people have ridden in the H3 since and they do not have any noise complain at all. Haven't use up the tank yet so don't know how the MPG is doing but the pickup is definitely there.

The system is stainless steel and the dual looks hot from the back. I also got a 6000K McCulloch HID Kit for driving lights and 3000K HID for the fogs. My H3 is now offically the most obnoxious vehicle on the block with blinding lights in the front and two loud a-holes in the back I will try to post some pics and videos sometime this week.

Let me know if you have any question.
Old 03-12-2007, 05:01 PM
Steve - SanJose

NYHummerH3 - Thanks for the reply, sounds like a nice upgrade to your H3. I'm running the Corsa exhaust on my H3 and have similar observations after several months.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:23 PM
Hummer Veteran

IlikeHummers is on a distinguished road

Got the Zoomers too.. Really has a nice deep idle and minimal cabin noise like you say. I too notice my H3 seems to have better throttle responce and a much better mid range. It seemed to flatten out much sooner with the stock muffler. Nice tips as well!!!!! Can't wait to see your pics and video.. Nice choice!
Attached Images