H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 07-21-2005, 06:17 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally posted by dakuda:
I deleted the threads, not Jerry. Don't assume things.

Listen, you guys are more then welcome to participate in the forum and share knowldge and experiences. However, I do have issues with threads started solely to initiate conflict.

You talk about 'building bridges' between brand loyalty, yet all you have done so far at JF is contribute to the destruction of such a bridge.

Personally, I have no issues with your vehicles or with you in general. I am just trying to keep this from blowing up into some type of forum war.

Everyone here has the same hobby. I wheel with Tacos, Jeeps, H2's, Fords, etc. The vehicle driven does not matter. DO we give each other crap at the fire after the day is over? Of course, and that is all in good fun.

However, it is the attitude that you guys are displaying in both this thread and on JF that does matter.

I realize that some of the people from JF are prodding you on, but try to be the bigger person that you all seem to claim to be, and move on. Contribute in a positive manner to JF and no one there will mind. And I won't ahve to close anymore threads.

This is becoming ridiculous.
Actually there are some that were doing just that but you don't whisper in a room where everyone else is shouting. The irony of the video and of DennisAJC inflammatory posts was that he was say that the TJ/YJ shared the same frame or something with the Liberty. The irony was intentional since the most common comment heard from a Jeep owner about the H2 is that it is nothing but a Tahoe. Irony, all in fun, brash but fun.

I attempted to educate those that would listen to the specifics concerning the H2 and to discredit the ramblings of a supposed Moderator who was not giving an opinion but was stating as fact things that were indeed not factual. As a member of your forum for quite a while, and after notice being given to me by another Jeeper, I chose to attempt to correct that but the thread was locked and then deleted and it was full of the information about the H2 that contradicts the junk that many non-owners mistakenly think.

You speak of attitude, you don't see any moderator from here spreading erroneous information and creating the divisiveness. So, clean up your house before you come here to preach to us about this one. Ban me, censor me, do what you like but at least give it some thought aforehand.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:18 PM

jeephreak is off the scale

I had to come over and see what all the fuss was about over here. Theres no more talk about that thread over in the jeep forum.

To be honest, I liked the video. Love that song. As far as who is better? does it really matter? thats like fighting over whos sneakers are better.

You guys are funny!
Old 07-21-2005, 06:19 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Paragon.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:23 PM
Hummer Expert

Hum2 is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by jeephreak:
I had to come over and see what all the fuss was about over here. Theres no more talk about that thread over in the jeep forum.

To be honest, I liked the video. Love that song. As far as who is better? does it really matter? thats like fighting over whos sneakers are better.

You guys are funny!

Right on jeephreak!

Ric
Old 07-21-2005, 06:23 PM

dakuda is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by PARAGON:
You speak of attitude, you don't see any moderator from here spreading erroneous information and creating the divisiveness. So, clean up your house before you come here to preach to us about this one. Ban me, censor me, do what you like but at least give it some thought aforehand.

I can only speak for myself, not others. However, if people here do have issues with certain people, there are other methods to handle it then dragging a forum as a whole into it.

As for the 'French' comments. I can only assume that you are trying to knock the way I am trying to diffuse this. I will say when I read the Frenchie the first time, the guy from Good Morning, Vietnam popped in my head.

Anyway, I am trying to not add to the problem.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:31 PM

dakuda is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by Alec W:

Bull****!!!!!

How many times has that H2 broken tie rod video been shown on your site (that was me by the way)? Have you ever deleted the treads or done anything at all?
Hypocrit

And how many Jeep bashing threads exist here? Plenty, at my last count. I do not run here bashing your board or vehicles just because of some threads on the interent.

And since I have been able to delete threads, I have yet to notice that video posted.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:34 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

You guys are funny!

Very well said jeephreak.
Welcome to the forum. That is as long as you are not here to simply bash the H2

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
Originally posted by dakuda:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Alec W:

Bull****!!!!!

How many times has that H2 broken tie rod video been shown on your site (that was me by the way)? Have you ever deleted the treads or done anything at all?
Hypocrit

And how many Jeep bashing threads exist here? Plenty, at my last count. I do not run here bashing your board or vehicles just because of some threads on the interent.

And since I have been able to delete threads, I have yet to notice that video posted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can honestly say that I do not recall coming across one single thread here that was started to bash Jeeps. The only time bashing happens is when some Jeep owner comes in here and starts talking sh*t about the H2. Then the bashing is on the owner and those that follow him, not Jeeps in general.

Old 07-21-2005, 06:36 PM
Banned

Now dakuda, see, you think it's personal or something. I can assure you it's not. I don't care if you happen to be talking about the difference between Duracell or Energizer, facts are facts. It's ridiculous that a moderator of a forum with 40K+ members spreads misinformation so easily. It would be one thing to offer opinion, but a moderator is generally received as someone who knows just a little bit more than the average. Some people who look at a forum as a source of information and receive incorrect information end up looking like complete idiots in real life because they trusted that information. Again, coming from a moderator it is generally trusted information.

So, it's not personal. I have no idea who Jerry is. Didn't pay any attention to his posts prior to this. What it is, is that you mentioned attitude about people here when you should be posting something on the Jeep forum first and correcting the crap that Jerry has said.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:37 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

OH but Alec, you wouldn't believe some of the sights I've seen it hosted on......

I was on killsometime awhile back, noticed the video, and laughed at the pants I was wearing in it........ just thought I'd share......
Old 07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dakuda:
I deleted the threads, not Jerry. Don't assume things.

Listen, you guys are more then welcome to participate in the forum and share knowldge and experiences. However, I do have issues with threads started solely to initiate conflict.

You talk about 'building bridges' between brand loyalty, yet all you have done so far at JF is contribute to the destruction of such a bridge.

Personally, I have no issues with your vehicles or with you in general. I am just trying to keep this from blowing up into some type of forum war.

Everyone here has the same hobby. I wheel with Tacos, Jeeps, H2's, Fords, etc. The vehicle driven does not matter. DO we give each other crap at the fire after the day is over? Of course, and that is all in good fun.

However, it is the attitude that you guys are displaying in both this thread and on JF that does matter.

I realize that some of the people from JF are prodding you on, but try to be the bigger person that you all seem to claim to be, and move on. Contribute in a positive manner to JF and no one there will mind. And I won't ahve to close anymore threads.

This is becoming ridiculous.
Actually there are some that were doing just that but you don't whisper in a room where everyone else is shouting. The irony of the video and of DennisAJC inflammatory posts was that he was say that the TJ/YJ shared the same frame or something with the Liberty. The irony was intentional since the most common comment heard from a Jeep owner about the H2 is that it is nothing but a Tahoe. Irony, all in fun, brash but fun.

I attempted to educate those that would listen to the specifics concerning the H2 and to discredit the ramblings of a supposed Moderator who was not giving an opinion but was stating as fact things that were indeed not factual. As a member of your forum for quite a while, and after notice being given to me by another Jeeper, I chose to attempt to correct that but the thread was locked and then deleted and it was full of the information about the H2 that contradicts the junk that many non-owners mistakenly think.

You speak of attitude, you don't see any moderator from here spreading erroneous information and creating the divisiveness. So, clean up your house before you come here to preach to us about this one. Ban me, censor me, do what you like but at least give it some thought aforehand. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

DAMN! That about sums it up. Well put.

My Video Collectionez

Old 07-21-2005, 06:40 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
..and to discredit the ramblings of a supposed Moderator who was not giving an opinion but was stating as fact things that were indeed not factual.
Dakuda, this is exactly what provoked Dennis' video.

It's fun and games when members B/S one another in (mostly) harmless rivalry.

It is a whole new level when moderators get involved -- worse when his facts are all wrong! To then shut down a thread after having the last (wrong) words is really irresponsible behavior imho. Borders on misuse of (moderator) power.

Sure Dennis' video won't build any bridges. But prior, I tried taking the simple direct approach (with ZERO response), and Dennis chose to take the creative approach. Remember, we are NOT moderators that can use forum authority to simply force an opinion as fact -- even if our opinions are CORRECT.

I feel if moderators continue to be involved in name-calling B/S (or worse, pass B/S as facts ), then it is our DUTY AS OFF-ROADERS to continue EVERY EFFORT to correct such BULL-FAWKIN-****.

Clear, simple, and true, no?
Old 07-21-2005, 06:41 PM

dakuda is off the scale

Quote:
Now, see, you think it's personal or something. I can assure you it's not.

I take nothing personal on the internet. I am simply killing time during a slow day at work. I am a fairly level headed, rational person.

Regardless, there is not much I think I can say here, being a moderator on JF. Most people will discount me immediatly because of that fact alone. All it will do is contribute to the confrontation.

There are other aspects of your post I will not delve into in a public forum...
Old 07-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Banned

It was probably some asshat Jeeper that helped you out, too, huh Alec.
Old 07-21-2005, 06:42 PM
Hummer Deity

h2co-pilot is an unknown quantity at this point

Well said Finally.

(I just keep hitting the refresh button )
Old 07-21-2005, 06:47 PM
Hummer Guru

BlueTJCO has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Jeeper didn't help him out much.....got him back to the vehicle but stood there with his thumb up his ass while Alec did his own wrenching......

fu#$ing Jeepers.....
Old 07-21-2005, 06:48 PM

jeephreak is off the scale

Quote:
Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

Thanks, glad to check out the "dark side"

I see no need to bash either or...I have my preference and thats all there is to it. If any of yas are in AZ gimme a shout, I'd love to go wheeling with ya!

-phreak
Old 07-21-2005, 06:55 PM
Hummer Guru

Quote:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:

Thanks, glad to check out the "dark side"

I see no need to bash either or...I have my preference and thats all there is to it. If any of yas are in AZ gimme a shout, I'd love to go wheeling with ya!

-phreak </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't recall how many H2 owners here are in AZ but there are several H3 owners there. Post in the H3 section that you would like to go out wheeling.