Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > In the News

Old 07-13-2003, 05:11 PM

NCHummerman is off the scale

Hi All,

Rick Schmidt, founder of the International Hummer Owners Group, is quoted in today's SF Chronicle. Interesting article someone did about comparing the Hummer H2 to the Prius ...

The Hummer and the Prius

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
------------------------------------
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 07-13-2003, 05:11 PM

Hi All,

Rick Schmidt, founder of the International Hummer Owners Group, is quoted in today's SF Chronicle. Interesting article someone did about comparing the Hummer H2 to the Prius ...

The Hummer and the Prius

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 07-15-2003, 12:04 AM

DROPER is off the scale

This is what they got from me:

The Hummer and the Prius
David Biale

David Biale's biased, one-sided story just substantiates how the press continues to be allowed to present narrow and slanted views on controversial topics that make people's blood boil. You call this newsworthy? I call it old news that is being re-delivered to incite more hate and attacks.

Comparing a small import car that fits very few family’s needs in this country to the Hummer H2 is completely ridiculous. If the press wants to sponsor complaints about our Nation's thirst for oil, why not focus on the real offenders such as boats, planes and motor homes. This article is nothing more than a sad attempt to feed a biased stereotype that has been created through irresponsible comments from the likes of Arianna Huffington and now David Biale. The Hummer is no worse than any of the millions of family-style SUV transporters in this country. And trust me, there are more of us than you.

David is right about the vast differences between the statistics of the Hummer vs. the Prius. In fact, the Hummer and Prius have so little in common I am still bewildered on why he is even comparing them. Nonetheless, he is very wrong when he states the Hummer buyer symbolizes the Bush administration. This is not a fact, just David’s opinion. I know many owners that cannot stand Bush (self included), yet love their Hummer. Take it for what it is worth, I am an avid outdoorsmen, I use my Hummer H2 like the millions of Jeep owners have for years. I love the fact that the Hummer stands proud as a true 100% American made icon that no foreign death-trap manufacturer can touch. I am far from a redneck, but quite possibly the last of the real American.

So stop “rattling the cages" for attention and focus your energy on positive topics that will provide value to effect the changes you seek. For now your article will continue to perpetuate more resentment towards the press and prompt more attacks and separation in our country. Meanwhile, the core problem we both agree on goes unsolved.
Old 07-15-2003, 01:58 PM

Dear DROPER,

Wow, a really good letter. I hope that the SF Chronicle has the "guts" to publish it ..

Best to you,

Michael
---
Pewter Hummer H2
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Northern California

www.zootsuitstore.com
Old 07-15-2003, 05:38 PM

SJ is off the scale

Thanks for sharing the article.

I've written it many times here before and I'm writing it again: Give these super-compact lovers the choice of getting behind the wheel of a Prius or H2 to conduct a 25mph head-on crash test. Which vehicle will they choose?

You can be a Liberal or Conservative and love Trucks/SUVs, because I know that persons of all political bents value Capitalism and the free-market economy that has enabled America to thrive. Capitalism in which the people support and buy products/services that suit them best. If the public decides that SUVs are not worthwhile products, then they will become part of automotive and cultural history.

Trucks and SUVs are the safest vehicles on the road when all common crash scenarios are considered.

I'd love a Hummer that realizes 25+ mpg and has zero emissions. Hopefully that day will come, but I won't sacrifice safety and utility in the meanwhile.
http://www.smiliegenerator.de/smiley...miley-9839.png
Old 12-30-2003, 03:25 PM

ITPro is off the scale

Man, don’t be like the environment freaks and make false claims. Sure, SUVs aren’t the most dangerous vehicles out there, but they’re not the safest with a death rate just above compact vehicles. The two vehicle classes with the lowest death rate are minivans and full size sedans.