Jerry can carrier
Brush & headlight guards
Special paints
Metric gauges
Pedestal weapons mount
Air conditioning
Infrared driving light
Special Ops configuration

You can spare me the HMMWV pics and specs; I drove them for six years while serving in a USAF CBCS, that’s Combat Communication Squadron for you civilians that don’t know. I’ve got to admit I wasn’t impressed; the HMMWV’s were underpowered and unreliable at best. I really preferred the M-1083 5 ton truck, it was much smoother, it was reliable, easy to service, had great get up and go even when towing, and could fjord 6 feet of water to boot.

You’re comparing a Mil. Spec. vehicle like the HMMWV to a civilian Tacoma or FJ? I guess that says a lot about the ruggedness and reliability of Toyota’s.

Last edited by DTHVLY : 08-16-2006 at 11:13 PM.
Old 08-24-2006, 02:09 PM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: FJ in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by DTHVLY
You know how no matter what you?re talking about there?s always that one guy who has some ignorant commit or comeback? I'm that guy, no matter what it is I always have a dumb ass commit or comeback, and I?m sure everyone on this forum would agree.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-24-2006, 05:08 PM
Hummer Professional

Scouts Out is an unknown quantity at this point

And by the way, I hope the ODA pics you posted are not yours since the faces are showing....

Superior Blue, Adventure Package, Roof mounted off road lights, Auto, 6 Disk Monsoon with XM, Brush Guard, Tire Cover, Husky mud flaps, flat steps, black fuel door.

Other Cars.....

1980 Triumph TR8 3.5 litre V8

Last edited by Scouts Out : 08-24-2006 at 06:27 PM.
Old 08-25-2006, 06:45 AM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

Looks like they are too busy coming up with cute license plates to go wheeling.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 09-06-2006, 06:19 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hummers KY's LMFAO
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 09-07-2006, 04:24 AM
Hummer Guru

Sewie is an unknown quantity at this point

The FJ "Trail Team" was at Deer Valley on Labor Day. I pulled over to let a couple of them pass in the other direction. As he's going by, one of the drivers says to me, "Its nice to see someone actually wheeling those things."

My reply: "Funny, we say the same thing about you guys."

BTW, they only went about 1/3 of the way up the trail. They skipped out on all the rock gardens.

Old 09-07-2006, 05:27 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
BTW, nice use of a forged IP.
HAHA!!!1one What a dumbass. Like we can't figure that out.

Old 09-07-2006, 06:11 AM
Hummer Guru

NEOCON1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sewie
The FJ "Trail Team"
My reply: "Funny, we say the same thing about you guys."

BTW, they only went about 1/3 of the way up the trail. They skipped out on all the rock gardens.

LMAO
* Rollin with the Banned and the Damned *

"Fred Thompson for President "
Old 10-17-2006, 04:10 PM
Hummer Guru

wpage is on a distinguished road

FJ's are for Communists!
(John 3:16)
2006 H3 Slate Blue,Header,Jacked,CAI,Toyo35's,HHO.
Priors...
Explorer
Commander
71 Vette
You Name it!
Old 10-17-2006, 06:25 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point

still waiting for one to come play off-road. get real man. Hummer is it all others are a day late and a dollar short.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:33 PM
Hummer Guru

The Green Lantern is an unknown quantity at this point

..can't wait for the Lexus version....lol
Old 10-17-2006, 06:35 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
still waiting for one to come play off-road. get real man. Hummer is it all others are a day late and a dollar short.

Perhaps if you got offroad yourself, you might see one.
Old 10-17-2006, 06:54 PM
Hummer Authority

BlueHUMMERH2 is on a distinguished road

Ok, this is really coming as an extention of the "If you drive an FJ, you might be a sissy" thread:

I have indeed wheeled with an FJ. Here are the videos:
http://media.putfile.com/FJ1
http://media.putfile.com/FJ2
http://media.putfile.com/FJ3

Now, I'm being as objective as possible from what I've observed. I think, in the hands of a good operator, the FJ would equal an H3 with an equally good operator.

However, in the hands of a novice, the FJ and Wrangler do fare more poorly than the H3. The H3 (any Hummer actually) has an ability to make a novice driver into a somewhat skilled operator. I do not know if it is the traction systems, the feeling of being behind the wheel of a "Hummer", or simply the entire vehicle systems operating together. Having followed Wranglers (most raised, and otherwise modded) for two weekends now, and FJ's for one, the amount of damage and difficulty incurred by novice drivers is much higher in both vehicles than in any Hummer. However, with a skilled operator, the Wrangler is MORE capable at a location such as Paragon, due to the width of a Hummer, the length of the wheelbase, and the proximity of trees. A Hummer has a more difficult time because it has to take a more difficult line. So at a place like Paragon, a Wrangler is more.... eh, not capable, but has more room to pick an easier line, or avoid the more difficult section of the advanced trails. The Hummer has very little choice, as there is usually a factor that forces it to choose the only available line (like trees, cliffs, etc.) And when I say Wrangler, I mean one that you can still drive home legally and comfortably at the end of the day. No trailering.

Now in comparision to the FJ, I had that yellow one above following me at Paragon. It was noisy as hell to start with, more so than the H1, and sounded like a horrible go-kart, and not the nice rumble of a diesel. But I think that if a skilled driver had been in the vehicle, it would have been just fine. The guy in that one didn't even take the steps off, so I suppose that would tell us something about his experience off-highway.

I'd still take the H3, merely for the 4 doors and, IMHO, good looks. I would NOT choose a Wrangler. Even those that were moderately lifted with bigger tires and whatnot struggled where I did not, took a beating, and were a lot more tippy. The reason some Wranglers performed so well, IMHO, is in direct relation to three factors:

1. Width, wheelbase, and ability to avoid the difficult line.
2. Driver experience.
3. Less concern for the preservation of sheet metal and vehicle operability.

I still would like more experience with some stock FJ's on the trail operating alongside stock H3's. I still believe, from what little I've seen, that they would be a fair match. I could make a determination only after such a comparison, which I think has yet to occur with any members on this forum.

Last edited by BlueHUMMERH2 : 10-17-2006 at 06:59 PM.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:01 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHUMMERH2
Ok, this is really coming as an extention of the "If you drive an FJ, you might be a sissy" thread:

Now, I'm being as objective as possible from what I've observed. I think, in the hands of a good operator, the FJ would equal an H3 with an equally good operator.

However, in the hands of a novice, the FJ and Wrangler do fare more poorly than the H3. The H3 (any Hummer actually) has an ability to make a novice driver into a somewhat skilled operator. I do not know if it is the traction systems, the feeling of being behind the wheel of a "Hummer", or simply the entire vehicle systems operating together. Having followed Wranglers (most raised, and otherwise modded) for two weekends now, and FJ's for one, the amount of damage and difficulty incurred by novice drivers is much higher in both vehicles than in any Hummer. However, with a skilled operator, the Wrangler is MORE capable at a location such as Paragon, due to the width of a Hummer, the length of the wheelbase, and the proximity of trees. A Hummer has a more difficult time because it has to take a more difficult line. So at a place like Paragon, a Wrangler is more.... eh, not capable, but has more room to pick an easier line, or avoid the more difficult section of the advanced trails. The Hummer has very little choice, as there is usually a factor that forces it to choose the only available line (like trees, cliffs, etc.) And when I say Wrangler, I mean one that you can still drive home legally and comfortably at the end of the day. No trailering.

Now in comparision to the FJ, I had that yellow one above following me at Paragon. It was noisy as hell to start with, more so than the H1, and sounded like a horrible go-kart, and not the nice rumble of a diesel. But I think that if a skilled driver had been in the vehicle, it would have been just fine. The guy in that one didn't even take the steps off, so I suppose that would tell us something about his experience off-highway.

I'd still take the H3, merely for the 4 doors and, IMHO, good looks. I would NOT choose a Wrangler. Even those that were moderately lifted with bigger tires and whatnot struggled where I did not, took a beating, and were a lot more tippy. The reason some Wranglers performed so well, IMHO, is in direct relation to three factors:

2. Driver experience.

I still would like more experience with some stock FJ's on the trail operating alongside stock H3's. I still believe, from what little I've seen, that they would be a fair match. I could make a determination only after such a comparison, which I think has yet to occur with any members on this forum.

I think I've stated this before. Your opinion has as much impact as an ant's fart. Why waste the finger strength?
Old 10-17-2006, 07:15 PM
Hummer Authority

I don't seem to have any problem loading them, nor have any others. They're about 20-25Mb.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:19 PM
Hummer Authority

Norton Internet Security has zero issues. Nor does McAfee. I appreciate your concern, but the files appear, by all reputable sources, to be virus-free. I'm sorry, but it looks like everyone will be able to view them.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:44 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

2. Driver experience.

I can imagine that in the hands of the same skilled driver the FJ and H3 would perform similarly. Or even that a more skilled driver could take the FJ where a novice couldn't drive the H3. But there's no substitute for wheeling with both trucks at the same time over the same obstacles ... which as you said, no one's seen on this forum yet.

I do think some vehicles take better care of a driver than others, since throttle control, steering input, brakes and traction control are all controlled (or modified) by programming any more. Can't say if hummers take care of you better than jeeps, but it's head and shoulders above my old Blazer ZR2 (which took me up Radical Road and many other serious trails along the divide).

Thanks for the FJ videos. Didn't seem to do well, but I think driver skill was a HUGE factor there. Nice to see an FJ wheeling tho
Old 10-17-2006, 07:48 PM
Hummer Authority

Wisha Haddan H3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Norton Internet Security has zero issues. Nor does McAfee. I appreciate your concern, but the files appear, by all reputable sources, to be virus-free. I'm sorry, but it looks like everyone will be able to view them.

I use the ZoneAlarm Security Suite and Spysweeper and had no problems with your links. Took a long time for my DSL to download, but that's due to file size and server speed.
Old 10-17-2006, 07:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Thumbs up Re: FJ in action

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisha Haddan H3
I use the ZoneAlarm Security Suite and Spysweeper and had no problems with your links. Took a long time for my DSL to download, but that's due to file size and server speed.

I can imagine that in the hands of the same skilled driver the FJ and H3 would perform similarly. Or even that a more skilled driver could take the FJ where a novice couldn't drive the H3. But there's no substitute for wheeling with both trucks at the same time over the same obstacles ... which as you said, no one's seen on this forum yet.

I do think some vehicles take better care of a driver than others, since throttle control, steering input, brakes and traction control are all controlled (or modified) by programming any more. Can't say if hummers take care of you better than jeeps, but it's head and shoulders above my old Blazer ZR2 (which took me up Radical Road and many other serious trails along the divide).

Thanks for the FJ videos. Didn't seem to do well, but I think driver skill was a HUGE factor there. Nice to see an FJ wheeling tho

Thank you for your refreshingly honest, level-headed, polite and sensible opinions. I'm glad you liked the FJ vids. I hope that on the next trip to Paragon I can get some more. Maybe with an H3 following behind!
Old 10-17-2006, 08:23 PM
Hummer Expert

ZigsRig is off the scale

[quote=PARAGON]You are still an idiot. quote] = fat aggression release