Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > General Hummer Talk > In the News

Old 06-07-2008, 08:33 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default Los Angeles Times Story On The Hummer Today ....

Think he likes the Hummer??
http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2756998.story
Old 06-07-2008, 08:35 PM
Hummer Guru

Hmmm2 is on a distinguished road
Default L.A. Times story today re: Hummer fate ....

Not a very nice story... brace yourself.

http://www.latimes.com/business/la-f...,2756998.story
Old 06-07-2008, 09:16 PM
Hummer Guru

Big Dad is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Los Angeles Times Story On The Hummer Today ....

He did undoubtedly get one thing right, GM's business strategy per its investors:

"Whatever profit-and-loss realities are at work in GM's announcement this week, one thing is certain: The company, now desperately tacking to get on a greener course, no longer wants to deal with the contradictions and image liabilities that Hummer represents."

And, if I may add, the longer the corp takes driving the brand into the ground the more they'll write off, but you guys all know that stuff right?

Old 06-07-2008, 09:52 PM
Hummer Messiah

DRTYFN is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: L.A. Times story today re: Hummer fate ....

Some note-writing douche in Santa Monica and that stupid bitch, Huffington, are somehow supposed to influence an individual's freedom of choice? A mouthy bitch left me a note about my "war-mongering vehicle" and then vandalized my rig by keying it - I pushed her yuppie Volvo down the block with my war-mongering vehicle. I don't tell people that their little hybrid tinfoil coffins are more damaging to the environment than my rig, so is it too much to expect them to keep their opinions to themselves? Trying to pressure others decisions and lives sure smacks of what the liberals are always accusing others of being -
Quote:
fas?cism Audio Help (fāsh'ĭz'əm) Pronunciation Key
n.
often Fascism
A system of government marked by centralization of authority under a dictator, stringent socioeconomic controls, suppression of the opposition through terror and censorship, and typically a policy of belligerent nationalism and racism.
A political philosophy or movement based on or advocating such a system of government.
Oppressive, dictatorial control.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:16 PM
Hummer Professional

Gooey Gaybob is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
Some note-writing douche in Santa Monica and that stupid bitch, Huffington, are somehow supposed to influence an individual's freedom of choice? A mouthy bitch left me a note about my "war-mongering vehicle" and then vandalized my rig by keying it - I pushed her yuppie Volvo down the block with my war-mongering vehicle. I don't tell people that their little hybrid tinfoil coffins are more damaging to the environment than my rig, so is it too much to expect them to keep their opinions to themselves? Trying to pressure others decisions and lives sure smacks of what the liberals are always accusing others of being -

A tad bit touchy now aren't we? Why take this so personally? Do you get mad when some yota punk or Jeep snob talks smack? Well I guess you do. The real issue here isn't freedom of choice, it is about capitalism. The hummer is a prime target, overly large gas guzzler, costs a lot of money, and is a trophy of being successful. A form of gluttony if you will. If you got the money to spend, then spend it however you like, I would expect nothing less of you or anyone else, but there will always be haters no matter what you buy/own/drive. Who cares if GM is considering dropping the line? It happens when the market drives in a different direction. Times change, deal with it.

Bringing you completely worthless posts for over 2 years.
Old 06-07-2008, 11:27 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

I found the read quite flattering. Not to conform with the sheep is what it's all about.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-07-2008, 11:30 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Los Angeles Times Story On The Hummer Today ....

He seems pretty neutral if not sympathetic to the Hummer demise. Meh.

My Video Collectionez

Old 06-07-2008, 11:56 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRTYFN
LMAO!!! That story cracks me up!!!
Old 06-08-2008, 12:28 AM
Hummer Expert

MDimitri is an unknown quantity at this point

Okay, so what... and who is Dan Neil?? Dosen't matter, couldn't care less! Going "GREEN" in such a blind rapid stupid rate is going to go down as the biggest single facist sponsered mistake mankind will make this century. Why you ask?? Simple, Biggest talk was Ethenol fuel the last several years, where is it now? what did it cause? crop shortages, lower production of seed crops and lead to widespread food shortages...Brilliant ya dumbass enviro morons!! E85 costs too much to produce, the farmers got barely anything for the planting of corn and sugar to be used for E85, so now they have switched over to grow crops for food where the money is at, and is by far, a more stable market. Our winters will be getting colder and more snow will be falling over the next 15+ years than it has been in the past, our climate is getting colder not warmer!!! Good luck to all the motorists that purchase tiny fuel efficiant vehicles, try pulling your holiday trailer and quads with that. So for the area's of the country where snow is a problem for at least 7 months of the year the Hummer is the most ideal vehicle for this climate, where it is sunny and hot it the owners there deserve just as much of a right to drive their rigs anywhere they well please without being ridiculed and intimidated. I use to help out motorists on the highways up here by pulling out their vehcles from snow laden ditches and icy roadways, and no, it did not make any difference what vehicle they were driving, but when one of our fellow H2 owners got stranded on Deerfoot trial in the summer of last year and not one motorist, not even another 4X4 stopped to help her out! But passing motorists did make an effort to slow down and swear at her, spit at her, throw things at her and generally made her life a living nigtmare for 2 hours while she waited for help! Why? just because she owned a H2. I bet over this last winter I must have helped out at least 20+ drivers, and as I previously mentioned it didn't matter what type of vehicle they drove. As of today I won't be doing that anymore, I'm sick of these constant attacks on Hummer owners, and their spouses. Sorry for the rant folks, but enough is enough!