H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 06-01-2012, 10:49 AM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road
Default "Get out of Dodge" 32 GALLONS AUXILIARY +20

I'm looking to add a set-up that'll allow me to carry an additional 20 gallons of fuel. Do any of you guys have an auxiliary fuel set-up on your rig? I'm thinking of two 5 gallon gerry cans on each side of the spare tire carrier, but would rather store them in the bed for a more incognito look.Besides fuel on the back would be a little dangerous when backing up to avoid approaching ZOMBIES and I back into a power box.BOOM.When the SH%T HITS THE FAN I'd rather not advertise that I have additional fuel.I own a SUT.
Old 06-03-2012, 06:08 AM
Hummer Professional

H2Much is on a distinguished road
Default Re: "Get out of Dodge" 32 GALLONS AUXILIARY +20

I would just have a custom gas tank built that sits in the bed that either sits against the back of your cab or one that is low profile that sits on the bottom of the bed. You could have the outside reinforced so that you could still put stuff into the bed. Either way, nobody would even know it was an extra gas tank unless you had the cap exposed. Not sure what compliance laws would say about where it woudl need to be though, so ay want to check that first. A custom fabrication shop that does offroad stuff should be able to do that easy.
Sweet looking H2 with not enough mods (2003 Pewter H2, 20" Rockstars, 40"x15.5" Toyo MT's, E&G Extended Flares, Full body tube steel exoskeleton, 5" Skyjacker lift, Amp Research steps, Gobi Roofrack and ladders, Smoked LED's, AFe CAI, Dynatech long tubes and cats, Magnaflow exhaust, Stock tune, 4.88 gears, Chrome Grenade Shifter, interior blacked out, rear captains chairs, Solar Power!!)
Old 06-04-2012, 02:57 AM
Hummer Veteran

glennf1 is on a distinguished road

Another zombie response vehicle in the making
Old 06-04-2012, 03:15 AM
Hummer Expert

Hellz is on a distinguished road

im sure there are plenty of options out there for a fuel container for truck beds. measure out the distance and check online.

i would go with a top fueling option and a gravity fed line. nothing mechanical other than the shut off valve.

speaking of zombies....

i totally missed it, but the "run for your lives" zombie 5k was this weekend... really wished i knew about it earlier to go run it..

if anyone here is a runner.. just look up run for your lives 5k and see if it is coming to your city
4.88 gears *** Cognito UCA & SwayBar Links *** Kryptonite tie rods *** K&N CAI *** 37x12.50xR20 BFG KM2 Mud Terrain's *** 20x10 Black KMC Rockstars *** EBC Slotted Rotors *** N-FAB Sidesteps *** Line-X Grill *** Recon Smoke Cab Lights ***Diablo Predator U7193
Old 06-09-2012, 11:05 AM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

Six 5 gallon Military Gas jerry can containers does the trick.Perfect fit in between the wheel wells.Still have a decent amount of storage space in the back of the six-pack.That gives me a total of 62 gallons with the tank full.Roughly 775 miles unloaded and 725 miles loaded with equipment.I wonder how many miles this would be extended at 40MPH.Self contained 1000 mile distance would be nice.