H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 12-20-2012, 10:59 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ken Bowers is an unknown quantity at this point
Talking Will Hummers become valuable classics?

I have an orange 2003 Hummer H2. Heated grey leather seats. Mounted rear spare tire, brush guard. 100K miles. Man, what a truck it is.

Do you think these Hummers will become valuable?
Old 12-21-2012, 12:48 AM
Hummer Professional

iwillnc is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Will Hummers become valuable classics?

I think that's a question only time will tell, most vehicles that are considered classic are made of good materials, and are much simpler (less components) which means it's a lot easier to restore ground up.
I could go on and on and on here.
another thing is miles, the most valuable classics are those with low miles.

I've made the decision to enjoy my truck
Old 12-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

Judging what's going to be a classic is a crap shoot. Just ask those who plunked down huge amounts of money for the 1990 - 1995 ZR1s when they were new. Also, to be a true classic you need low production numbers and there are just too many H2s out there, so like others have said enjoy it! Low productions numbers is no guarantee either, because one prominent magazine dubbed the very limited production Isuzu Vehicross as the first 4 x 4 classic a few years ago, and now you can buy then for a song. I had one and thoroughly enjoyed it, but you couldn't haul anything inside and it had the stiffest ride of any vehicle I've ever been in and that includes an empty one ton pickup, but it was fun and fast offroad. One thing of interest is that H2s have been holding their resale value very well over the last two years.
Old 12-21-2012, 07:48 PM
Hummer Expert

Badace is on a distinguished road

I think they will. I dont give a crap if they do but the are singular vehicles. Nothing compares. You see fewer and fewer on the roads than you used to and the jeep is the only kind of similar vehicle. I mean come on. Even though the price of a jeep is shooting up, it's still a little juvenile. Id have one because the have a purpose but when I see an old man driving one its like seeing an old lady driving a cabriolet. The vette compares with a s ton of sports cars. The h2 competes with...jack sh#@!
Old 12-21-2012, 11:28 PM
Hummer Professional

H2005 is an unknown quantity at this point

http://www.elcovaforums.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=43014
Old 12-23-2012, 02:18 PM
Hummer Expert

HummerMann is on a distinguished road

I really don't care if they become classics or not. There's nothing out there I like as much as my H2. Up here the H2s are holding their value and actually going up in price in the used car market. I was contemplating a low mileage 2009 to replace mine that I saw in Orlando, however, when I got home and decided I wanted it, it was sold. Good low mileage ones go fast. My plans for now are just to keep maintaining mine, even if it means ultimately reengining and a new tranny or transfer case someday. I'm at 127,000 miles on mine, just had the front seats recovered, and it's running strong.

Hummer, like nothing else
Old 12-27-2012, 09:40 PM
Hummer Veteran

twinmill28 is on a distinguished road

Think Grand Wagoneer from '62 into '91; that's very much my impression of the H2's future into collectibility.
The Wagoneer is a really cool proven luxury 4x4 and nice original or restored models go for decent, not outrageous money.
I don't think the deuce is going to be highly collectible or worth outrageous money just because of the production numbers.
Of those made, of course the '09 will always be the most coveted due to the sheer low numbers made, and a few of them got a couple really cool options that most H2's never got--heated steering wheel, power pedal adjust and bucket seats in the second row.
Along with the '09's, the limited edition H2's that were released will also be more desirable, and more so with all of the extras that came on them. Many LE owners have already taken the LE steps off, some have taken the lightbars off, and some have stripped all the chrome for black. So nice original LE's will be a good find with the special paint.
As for me, I'm just going to enjoy our H2 as long as I can.
Old 01-13-2013, 03:09 AM
Hummer Novice

wallyyachts is on a distinguished road

My 06 has 104K and looks as good as a 40K deuce. Only worry i have is to find a 08 when the time comes. Don't think that time will come soon either!
Old 01-14-2013, 04:56 PM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ken Bowers
I have an orange 2003 Hummer H2. Heated grey leather seats. Mounted rear spare tire, brush guard. 100K miles. Man, what a truck it is.

Do you think these Hummers will become valuable?
Like the '57 Chevy I believe H2's will become a classic in 30-40 years. But not the orange ones. Especially the ones with gray seats.

Last edited by VegasGuy : 01-14-2013 at 08:44 PM.
Old 01-15-2013, 11:43 PM
Hummer Professional

Dont forget about the ones with the Mounted rear spare tire, brush guard. 100K miles. They wont be classics either.
Old 01-16-2013, 03:51 PM
Hummer Veteran

Ken Bowers is an unknown quantity at this point

My Hummer's better than your Hummer!
Old 01-17-2013, 04:25 PM
Hummer Professional

How can you tell mine is in the dark
Old 01-18-2013, 09:50 PM
Hummer Veteran

SMITH23H2SUT is on a distinguished road

Personally.....not just because I own a 72k mileaged 2005 Pewter SUT w/ Adventure & LUX Pkgs, I think SUT's will be in higher demand as time goes by. The truck is lighter and has a more BADASS look. And with Air-suspension "ON" has a KILLER cruisin' stance. I had a 11 year old kid walk clear across a parking lot with his mother to take a look at my truck. His mother told me he was in awe of my HUMMER and just wanted to check it out. Keep in mind all of the young ones who think the trucks are BADASS and also most likely be looking for them 10-15 years from now. Also STOCK with all possible OEM options would also make it more valuable, can you imagine trying to find a Tonneau cover in working order and good condition 5-10 years from now?

Last edited by SMITH23H2SUT : 01-18-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-19-2013, 05:50 AM
Hummer Veteran

VegasGuy is on a distinguished road

This is just too coincidental to not share. The wife and I just pulled up to a space in a parking lot when a very nice black H2 comes driving by. She says, "There's a really beautiful Hummer." I agree and we get out to walk toward the store. So I start to tell her about the post I made on the Hummer forum about how I think H2's will be classics like '57 Chevy's in 30-40 years. But before I can get to my little dig about orange ones, she interrupts and says, "Not the orange ones." I about busted a gut. After 37 years of marriage I guess we have come to think very much alike.

I guess orange is an acquired taste.
Old 01-19-2013, 02:52 PM
Hummer Authority

HummerJim is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm in Arizona on my annual Barret Jackson trek and attended a discussion by Haggerty's on buying classics yesterday afternoon, and the H2 and H1 were discussed as future classics, along with the current Mustang Boss 302, GT500, 94-96 Impala SS, and Corvette ZR1. The interest in customs is way up here, although I prefer stock when it comes to the old cars. I have enough Meguiars free samples to last me a year and I'm going to need another suitcase to pack in all the free stuff. The biggest buzz is about the Everham car coming up for bids tonight, as well as the Corvette C7 Vin 001 (there's a large betting pool on this with many guessing around a million), also the Shelby Mustang prototype tonight. This is something every car lover should do at least once!