H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 05-25-2010, 02:27 AM
Hummer Veteran

love dodge is on a distinguished road
Exclamation Need help here..My h2 is acting weird

I'm happy so far with my new h2.As of now i already had all the common issues for the year and mileage(03 with 85k).
I've had the roof leaks,change the tie rods,broken driver's side fold mirror,leaking manifold gasket(didn't fix yet),changed the roof lights already,burnt steering wheel and dash lights,air compressor leaks(previous owner swapped to springs),faded bumpers,and etc..
And like i said so far i like my h2 but now its too much for me.......
When i turn the car using either keys( 1 or 2) sometimes i can drive for an hour or 5 minutes it depends on whatever i don't know and that **** happens..
It shows on the dash "unknown driver" and the ABS,CHECK ENGINE,BRAKE,TRACTION CONTROL,OIL,BATTERY and the SECURITY comes on.And later after the UNKNOWN DRIVER the dash shows SERVICE AWD.And whatever is on on the car like the A/C and the RADIO turns off.The windows and the lock becomes inoperative so i cant open or close windows or doors.
But the car works fine with no problem..I can switch gears and switch between the 4wd gears with no problem at all...
If i turn on and off the car everything goes away and back to normal until it happens again...
But after i turn on and off sometimes the SECURITY lights come on and stays on until i turn the car off and open the doors.
I installed an aftermarket head unit(pionner avic z110bt) but i used all the harnesses for it..The Oem pac bose unit and the pac steering wheel harness..
At the beginning i thought i messed with the alarm security so i reinstalled the remotes 3 times and nothing changed.I randomly used both remotes and nothing changed..
At this point i think i need a pcm reflash but i really don't want to go to the dealer for that because i already know they will rip me off...
Does somebody knows whats going on?
Thanks a lot
Old 05-25-2010, 02:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

justdanorm is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Need help here..My h2 is acting weird

Maybe batteries are dead in the key fobs? or the sensor to look for the keys is going wacko?

Coming Soon: Fabtech 6"
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanorm
Maybe batteries are dead in the key fobs? or the sensor to look for the keys is going wacko?
The batteries are brand brand new..I didn't know that there was a sensor fir that..Could be the problem....How do I test this thing?
Old 05-25-2010, 04:12 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by justdanorm
The batteries are brand new..I didn't know that there was a sensor fir that..Could be the problem....How do I test this thing?
Old 05-26-2010, 12:04 AM
Hummer Authority

HUMTECH is an unknown quantity at this point

The aftermarket radio may be sending out a bad signal on the data line and causing the data line to go down. try disconnecting the interface installed with the radio and see what hapens.