H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned

PARAGON has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Well, since I have had my truck apart and have been adding stuff to it, I have found some new circuits in the IP Relay box that are not used that I can get accessory power from.

Since I was doing all of this, I had decided to buy a new brake controller and recess mount it in the dash above the light controls. I have got the Tekonsha Prodigy and decided to order their GM wiring harness.

Those of you who have pulled trailers, put brake controllers on, etc might know that GM screwed up the trailer brake circuit if you got the off-road or fog lights. I decided to rewire everything the way it should have been in the first place.

I removed the connector that the fog lights were wired into and connected into the brake controller spot. I then removed the wires from the connector.

I went under the hood, found the large blue wire, disconnected the little purple wire that GM cut and spliced into the blue wire and rewired the Blue/blue back together. Now my brake conroller will work correctly and is wired correctly in the truck through the I/P relay block.

The problem is the fog lights. I replaced my with PIAAs but I still use the stock overhead switch. In the bottom right of the I/P relay block is a couple of open posts that are ignition triggered which I will use for my POS. The way GM had it wired before, the grill lights were not ignition switched. I want them to be. There is another post there that is 12V POS all of the time should one want to use that.

But now I have a wire going to the lights' relays that is not wired to the switch any more. I am trying to avoid running another wire through the firewall since I just got it sealed back up.

In the wiring schematics on other trucks there are some "Accessory" circuits listed that go from the I/P relay block back into the Power Distribution center under the hood. Since I am putting a plug in that location it would be nice to simply add the light wire there and splice into that wire (if unused) under the hood and pull a GM and wire it back to the purple wire for the fogs.
Old 08-18-2005, 07:04 PM
Banned

Well, since I have had my truck apart and have been adding stuff to it, I have found some new circuits in the IP Relay box that are not used that I can get accessory power from.

Since I was doing all of this, I had decided to buy a new brake controller and recess mount it in the dash above the light controls. I have got the Tekonsha Prodigy and decided to order their GM wiring harness.

Those of you who have pulled trailers, put brake controllers on, etc might know that GM screwed up the trailer brake circuit if you got the off-road or fog lights. I decided to rewire everything the way it should have been in the first place.

I removed the connector that the fog lights were wired into and connected into the brake controller spot. I then removed the wires from the connector.

I went under the hood, found the large blue wire, disconnected the little purple wire that GM cut and spliced into the blue wire and rewired the Blue/blue back together. Now my brake conroller will work correctly and is wired correctly in the truck through the I/P relay block.

The problem is the fog lights. I replaced my with PIAAs but I still use the stock overhead switch. In the bottom right of the I/P relay block is a couple of open posts that are ignition triggered which I will use for my POS. The way GM had it wired before, the grill lights were not ignition switched. I want them to be. There is another post there that is 12V POS all of the time should one want to use that.

But now I have a wire going to the lights' relays that is not wired to the switch any more. I am trying to avoid running another wire through the firewall since I just got it sealed back up.

In the wiring schematics on other trucks there are some "Accessory" circuits listed that go from the I/P relay block back into the Power Distribution center under the hood. Since I am putting a plug in that location it would be nice to simply add the light wire there and splice into that wire (if unused) under the hood and pull a GM and wire it back to the purple wire for the fogs.
Old 08-18-2005, 11:38 PM
Banned

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by PhilD:
This time run 2 or 3 wires in case you need them for the future </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Damnit, I did that back a couple of years ago. I even ran it through a separate piece of loom but now that loom is full and with I've used up my extras plus added 3 more since I started this project.

I have 2 compressors power for power for a hands free cell phone thing. I wish I would have found these spare circuits before I ran the cell phone wires to the engine compartment. I have 2 air lines for the Rancho shock controller going through there.

I should have just left well enough alone but I get to be too fastidious at times when doing crap like this.
Old 08-22-2005, 02:36 PM
Banned

There is a circuit that is on the bottom right 12 pin unused spot on the I/P relay block. I think it is pin B and is a pink wire. It is the same circuit that goes through harness C1 into the engine compartment and stays a pink wire.

I am going to check that to see if I can use it.