H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 04-01-2005, 11:17 AM
Hummer Guru

Klaus is an unknown quantity at this point

Yes, but BMW is never listed as a US company.

BMW's headquarters is in Munich, Germany:

http://www.aviewoncities.com/munich/bmwhq.htm

BMW makes nice vehicles, but let's not forget that it is a foreign make. Munich calls the shots and collects the checks.

GM's stock is just above junk status, and I would hate to see GM go the way of Bethlehem Steel. Every foreign car bought helps to put a nail in GM's coffin. Oldsmobile is gone, with talk of Buick and Pontiac being next.

Oh well, what the hell - Who cares...
Old 04-01-2005, 11:44 AM
Hummer Expert

ckhagman is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by JohnB.GWU.: I also make it a point to only go to Sunoco, BP Amoco and Texaco for my gas. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Care to explain why? I am always curious why people only go to a certain station. I once had a friend in high school tell me that Coastal was the worst gas because he would see trucks from exxon, sunoco, etc dropping off product. When he told me that I almost fell out of the car laughing because he had no idea that all those trucks where pulling there product from Sunoco anyway.

Chris
Old 04-01-2005, 01:56 PM

RI Hummer is off the scale

John
You will be happy with an X5; be sure to get the 3.0 sport premium package, xenon lights, sunroof, navigation and cold weather package as options. It has great pickup for a 3.0L 17mpg average and very comfortable. I just replaced my X5 with the H2 but my 5 series will be the daily driver. There was I time I had 4 BMW's at the same time but since Bangle has changed the styling I think the quality has gond down and price increased.
I'm waiting on a restyling for the X5 2006 or 2007 year as I was bored driving the X5 and wanted a change to the H2.

RI
Old 04-03-2005, 08:35 PM

Escaladeskatinon24s is off the scale

While you guys are talkin about tradin trucks what do you think about tradin an Escalade for an H2? I also considered tradin it for a used H1 since there looks never change but I don't think I can handle an H1 almost everyday. Any thoughts?
Old 04-04-2005, 10:49 AM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

I would definitely suggest a test drive to make sure it's what you want. The H2 is an awesome looking truck, but it drives and handles VERY differently from a slade. It's also sluggish - you won't be able to beat those X5s off the line anymore, unless you decide to supercharge an H2.

Don't get fooled by the price, either. The H2 may cost $50K, but it's NOT a luxury vehicle. A lot of things that come standard in the Escalade aren't even offered on the H2. To me, the interior of the H2 feels rugged and unfinished compared to a slade. I think the bling factor is about equal for both vehicles tho.

If you like the way the H2 looks and don't care about speed or handling, then go for it. Otherwise, I would wait to see what Cadillac does with the 07 slade.

Stacy
Old 04-04-2005, 04:36 PM

MIZZOU H2 is off the scale

All i can say is that ive owned 3 american cars and one benz over the last 6 years and had more problems with the CLK than i had with all fords and the h2 put together. i will say that the motors in a benz are about as good as they come but the electronics were absolute crap. i wont own another benz.
Old 04-04-2005, 05:46 PM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

Right on!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by tower:
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!!
BUY AMERICAN!!! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>