H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 06-27-2003, 12:00 PM

Bad Dawg is off the scale

JIGGA - It's the Rancho 4". They call it a 4" but it was actually over 5" not counting the tires, which added another 1".....Which brings me to DRTYFN's comment: Your right, it is somewhat open (it does seal against the hood...in spots ) but factory water clearance height is 20" with the lift I have over 26". If the rig ever sees that much water I will have other bigger problems before water problems. Although I am thinking of ways to close in the filter better in case of major splashing. I do serious mud drag racing, so I really understand the water thing.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Old 06-27-2003, 12:28 PM

Oh, forgot...The lift cost $3200 installed at the dealer. I almost went to the local 4x4 shop to have it done but stayed with the dealer, good thing too. During the install the air suspension needed to be unplugged to put on the added length connectors . This caused the computer to have to be reset to get the compressor to pump the air bags back up. The local shop wouldn't have been able to do that.

You can never have enough horsepower! Yellow LUX, Airforce intake, stainless headers and exhaust, Gobi rack and ladder, roof mounted off road lights, full wrap brush guard, rear light guards, outside tire carrier, Rancho 4" suspension lift, Ultra "EN4CER" 17x9 wheels, Goodyear 37/12.50R17 MT/R tires, removed side-step bars, 9.5ti warn multi-mount winch.
Old 06-30-2003, 12:57 AM

H2 Daddy is off the scale

Let's see some mud drag racing pictures.

Tip: use the middle size pictures. The large size pictures require everyone to have to use the bottom scroll bar to read everything.
Old 06-30-2003, 01:18 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

I think that I have decided to go with Borla headers and and I am not sure which exhaust setup from the cats back I will go with... Still doing research on that one...

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 06-30-2003, 12:30 PM

This isn't the right spot, but I'll sneak in a coup[le of shots

Attached Images

Old 06-30-2003, 12:35 PM

Attached Images

Old 06-30-2003, 12:36 PM

I should add that all but the first picture is of my wife driving. She's an awsome driver, fearless!

Attached Images

Old 06-30-2003, 12:37 PM

Attached Images

Old 06-30-2003, 12:37 PM

Attached Images

Old 07-01-2003, 04:34 AM

DROPER is off the scale

BadDawg,

Tell us more on the Rancho kit and the ride. Solid, bouncy, better, worse (of course after spending $6k+ on the kit and tires/wheels you wouldn't say anything bad, right?), but what do you think overall? It looks cool, was it really worth it?
Old 07-01-2003, 04:36 AM
H2 Club Houston Chapter Founder

BADRAP is off the scale

How did we end up with all of this, I posted an Exhaust question..hahahaha

BADRAP
03 H2, Lux, Pewter
H2 Club - Houston Chapter..
badrap@sbcglobal.net
Old 07-07-2003, 11:49 AM

I had last week off. Sorry to take so long getting back on here.

The Rancho kit comes with either the 5000 shocks or the 9000 adjustable shocks. I opted for the 9000's so I can adjust them. The ride remains the same as stock, because basically everything on the suspension is simply moved down. The torsion bars are NOT changed other than for leveling things left to right and front to rear. Because the rig does sit higher, it is more top heavy than sitting at stock height, so I began to crank up the shocks to stiffen it up a bit so it doesn't lean in the turns. This does stiffen the ride a little but not a lot. If you are used to real off road rigs you may actually like the bit stiffer ride. All that said, it still rides like a dream.
Oh, the after market exhaust didn't change the ride at all

Old 07-08-2003, 04:56 PM
Hummer Authority

Albie is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Buckeye Hummer:
What about Banks? This guy works out at my gym in Pasadena and is now doing exhausts for H2's. I have heard good things about him but know little about his company. I will pull him aside when I see him next and try to get the scoop on exhausts.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE> Hey I'm at the 24/hr fitness on CO + Oakland. WHich one do you go to?