H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 PM

Cedar Butte is off the scale

OUCH Mud Flaps are required.

I have had my Slate Blue two weeks today and have 1,000 miles on it. I didn't get mud flaps and now I will be getting mudflaps and the fender flares on the rear doors sanded down and repainted.

I live off a gravel road with a 300ft gravel drive. I always have stones stuck in my tire treads. When I washed Old Blue today for the first time I have 5 places where stones have ripped the paint completly off the edges of the fender flares. When I get on I90 and run the speed up the stones are zinging out of my fron tires and wap..

Just a warning for everyone without mud flaps, hopefully they reduce the problem.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:00 PM

I have had my Slate Blue two weeks today and have 1,000 miles on it. I didn't get mud flaps and now I will be getting mudflaps and the fender flares on the rear doors sanded down and repainted.

I live off a gravel road with a 300ft gravel drive. I always have stones stuck in my tire treads. When I washed Old Blue today for the first time I have 5 places where stones have ripped the paint completly off the edges of the fender flares. When I get on I90 and run the speed up the stones are zinging out of my fron tires and wap..

Just a warning for everyone without mud flaps, hopefully they reduce the problem.
Old 08-06-2005, 11:33 PM
Hummer Authority

wannabeH3 is an unknown quantity at this point

i told you guys! but nooooo no one listens!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:20 AM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

I feel your pain! We just got clear bra put on today. We did the front/ rear fenders flares and the rocker panels. Covered the rocker pannels complete. Covered the high impact areas of the fender flares.

I didn't want the mud flaps becuae they will more than likely gett ripped off when off roading.

Got the windows re-tinted today too. DARK!
Old 08-07-2005, 01:22 AM
Hummer Guru

HummerNewbie is an unknown quantity at this point

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:
I feel your pain! We just got clear bra put on today. We did the front/ rear fenders flares and the rocker panels. Covered the rocker pannels complete. Covered the high impact areas of the fender flares.

I didn't want the mud flaps becuae they will more than likely gett ripped off when off roading.

Got the windows re-tinted today too. DARK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim, I would love to see how it came out. Please post some pics when you get a chance.

Slate Blue H3 Adventure w/sunroof, Monsoon/NAV, DVD and marker lights
Old 08-07-2005, 01:47 AM

jagular7 is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Pinebutte:

I have had my Slate Blue two weeks today and have 1,000 miles on it. I didn't get mud flaps and now I will be getting mudflaps and the fender flares on the rear doors sanded down and repainted. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Rather than have paint put back on, think truck bed lining. See if someone can paint the front of the flare with a scratch resistant, paint matched bedliner product without the anti-skid rubber particles.

If you repaint, how many times are you going to do this. The H3 has great ground clearance due to the large diameter tires. You really won't receive complete coverage with a mud flap unless that flap reaches the ground, or at least a minimum straight line from tire/ground to lowest point on flare.
Another solution is to integrate a lower body flare running the length of the kick panel and is as wide to the outer tire edge.

Come visit: http://www.ksrockspark.com/
Old 08-07-2005, 01:51 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by HummerNewbie:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by timgco:

Got the windows re-tinted today too. DARK! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Tim, I would love to see how it came out. Please post some pics when you get a chance. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

$5.00 please.

Well, I took some pics, but cannot get them to show the C.B. So I oulined to show you whatt I had done. Just the impact areas.

ThE front flare I just had where the mud gets thown onto the flare. It wraps to the inside and cover just over the top. You can also see wher I had the rocker panel done up to.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2005, 01:52 AM
Hummer Guru

rear: I did the whole fron of it all the way to the seam that opens with the door. Than I wen to the inside lip just under the flare.
Attached Images

Old 08-07-2005, 01:58 AM

Larry W is off the scale

They look cool.
are they magnetic, or a sticker? were they pre cut, or did you have to trim them to fit?
Old 08-07-2005, 08:53 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

We used a product called clearguard.

It is a heavy crystal clear film that reist stone chip. You can get the a small roll for 15.00 at pep boy.

We traced the front of the rear fenders and covered them. I think this area will get stone chip even with mud flaps installed. I will post some pics soon
Old 08-07-2005, 12:38 PM
Hummer Guru

Tim,

Thanks for the pics. Really can't see it can you. I will have to look at doing this myself. I already put $10 in the mail so keep the change

Old 08-07-2005, 03:19 PM
Hummer Veteran

Mr Hank is off the scale

Hey all,
I live here in Orlando and drove my H3 through it's first downpour yesterday. Mud Flaps are for sure a must if you want to keep the car clean and reduce the amount of chipping. Mine is a base woithout mudflaps. The spray from the tires runs more that half way up the back door and covers the rear fender inserts. Those of you you buying darker colors will be forever cleaning your cars so it is recommended to spring th $80 for the flaps.
Old 08-07-2005, 05:02 PM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Mr Hank:
I live here in Orlando and drove my H3 through it's first downpour yesterday. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

And we get plenty of those this time of year don't we

Old 08-07-2005, 05:34 PM

Marc H3 is off the scale

<span class="ev_code_BLUE">The mud flaps are a must and really look great on the H3. </span>
Attached Images

Old 08-09-2005, 01:48 AM

I like the idea of the clear bra material. My wife opted to not have a two Hummer family and picked up her new Xterra this week.

The Xterra came with the clear material on the lower half of it's rear fender flares.
Old 08-10-2005, 06:48 AM
Hummer Veteran

gcraybas is off the scale

where did you have clear shield installed? or should I try to do it myself with the small kits
Old 08-10-2005, 08:20 AM

H3Lady is off the scale

We made templates with paper and then traced it on the back of the clearguard. it is now dry and totally invisible.

I would recommend it 100%
Old 08-10-2005, 10:23 AM

H3Witch is off the scale

And we get plenty of those this time of year don't we [/quote]
AND HummerNewbie - we would love to have that problem - right? I would kill to be able to see dirt and clean mine....if only it was here.....
Old 08-10-2005, 10:43 AM
Hummer Guru

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by H3Witch:
And we get plenty of those this time of year don't we </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
AND HummerNewbie - we would love to have that problem - right? I would kill to be able to see dirt and clean mine....if only it was here.....[/quote]

That's right. If someone is tired of cleaning the dirt off of theirs, I would be more that happy to drive it and clean it for you until mine gets here

How about you H3Witch?

Old 08-10-2005, 12:25 PM

H3Witch is off the scale

That's right. If someone is tired of cleaning the dirt off of theirs, I would be more that happy to drive it and clean it for you until mine gets here

How about you H3Witch?[/quote]
ABSOLUTELY...