H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2007, 08:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

BigBill is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Off Road Knowledge

I am new to the Hummer world with the purchase of my 2007 H3, which I posted a few photos in the H3 photo section. I would like to learn more about the vehicle from an off road perspective. Where would I learn this? Specifically using the 4WD controls and building confidence for what the Hummer can and can't do.

I am planning on going to a trail event in Iowa sponsored by my dealer but I also see that Lynch Hummer puts on events as well which are probably more intense! Someday I wouldn't mind enrolling in the driving academy put on by Lynch as well as volunteering in HOPE. Does anyone know if there's a Hummer Club in KC? I pretty much know the answer and wish I were back in my home state - Colorado!

As always, thanks!

Bill
Old 08-17-2007, 08:16 PM
Hummer Guru

usetosellhummer is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Off Road Knowledge

Bill, I am a former Hummer sales professional. I have attened the driving school several times at the H1/H2 plant near South Bend IN. Lynch is the best place close to you and your dealer should help you with get to know you stuff with an off-road Hummer Happening. It is also good to look on the net or in the area for the local hang out for jeepers. I wheel local with a jeep club to keep my skills up and feed the need for off roading my H3. Start out slow and if you join the club our events are the only ones supported by AM General and area dealers with trail techs and parts. All Hummer events have trails to fit your skill level. Happy Hummering

Last edited by usetosellhummer : 08-17-2007 at 08:47 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 08:47 PM
Hummer Guru

oops yea
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by usetosellhummer
I have attened the driving school several times at the H1/H2 plant near South Bend IN.

How many times before you passed?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:25 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Bill, I am a former Hummer sales professional. I have attened the driving school several times at the H1/H2 plant near South Bend IN. Lynch is the best place close to you and your dealer should help you with get to know you stuff with an off-road Hummer Happening. It is also good to look on the net or in the area for the local hang out for jeepers. I wheel local with a jeep club to keep my skills up and feed the need for off roading my H3. Start out slow and if you join the club our events are the only ones supported by AM General and area dealers with trail techs and parts. All Hummer events have trails to fit your skill level. Happy Hummering

going to dealer events and hummer happenings is probably the best way to learn what and how you can do. you will see others do things and you will know its possible which will give you more confidence to try it. my advise is dont try to do everything right away. take i a lil at a time otherwise you may damage you truck. theres jeepers all over the place, thres gota be some in KC, their like roaches.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:28 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
How many times before you passed?

Never.

He always got stuck at the coffee and donut table.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-17-2007, 09:37 PM
Hummer Authority

H3slate is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by marin8703
going to dealer events and hummer happenings is probably the best way to learn what and how you can do. you will see others do things and you will know its possible which will give you more confidence to try it. my advise is dont try to do everything right away. take i a lil at a time otherwise you may damage you truck. theres jeepers all over the place, thres gota be some in KC, their like roaches.

Also look in your owners manual for directions on how to use the push button controls for your 4wd.

Black Sheep Hummer Squadron

Old 08-17-2007, 09:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

There are Jeep clubs here in Kansas City and actually work with a few guys that belong to it. They know I have a H3 but are willing to have me along!

Dennis, I just watched your Hummer Tribute video and think it is by far the best video on the subject! I sent it to my Jeep friend for his viewing!

I tried a few small hills here and the truck did well. Sometimes I want to try something small and get a little nervous. I need some training wheels with an expert! As always I am more than willing to listen and learn.

Bill
Old 08-17-2007, 09:43 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by H3slate
Also look in your owners manual for directions on how to use the push button controls for your 4wd.

- kind of like, RTFM!! I have done that and will continue to do so. Is there any more detailed information on the net?
Old 08-17-2007, 09:44 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBill
Dennis, I just watched your Hummer Tribute video and think it is by far the best video on the subject! I sent it to my Jeep friend for his viewing!

A man who enjoys a good joke.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-17-2007, 09:48 PM
Hummer Guru

It's a Hummer School dope, Danish and Starbucks what kind of Hummer owner are you Dennis,
Old 08-17-2007, 09:53 PM
Hummer Messiah

Quote:
It's a Hummer School dope, Danish and Starbucks what kind of Hummer owner are you Dennis,

Same.

Except I wheel an H2 and I'm 700 lbs lighter than you.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-17-2007, 09:55 PM
Hummer Guru

more of me to love baby
you like the big boy come on face it.
Old 08-17-2007, 09:58 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I tried a few small hills here and the truck did well. Sometimes I want to try something small and get a little nervous. I need some training wheels with an expert! As always I am more than willing to listen and learn.

Bill
Watch for the Moab trips. PM Neo for the one in September if you can make that arrangment.

Experience or none, it's a good time and you'll meet some pretty big dumb asses. Always a good time.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Hummer Messiah

But be careful.

NEO carries a pair of scissors with him and does this weird ritual everytime they do a bypass.

If you value your pubic hair, watch him like a hawk.

My Video Collectionez

Old 08-17-2007, 10:04 PM
Hummer Veteran

I have seen some videos of Moab but mostly with H2's; how does the H3 stand up? I was just checking out some of the smaller clips off of Dennis' YouTube collection and there are some pretty interesting clips of the "dumb asses" trying to do things with some pretty interesting vehicle modifications!

Bill
Old 08-17-2007, 10:06 PM
Hummer Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenP
Watch for the Moab trips. PM Neo for the one in September if you can make that arrangment.

Experience or none, it's a good time and you'll meet some pretty big dumb asses. Always a good time.

I can only imagine what a trip to Moab would be like! I can't wait to drive to Colorado and take to the trails! I am thinking next summer for sure! I might just make a trip out to Moab and then swing back around and hang out in Colorado!

Last edited by BigBill : 08-17-2007 at 10:09 PM.
Old 08-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I have seen some videos of Moab but mostly with H2's; how does the H3 stand up? I was just checking out some of the smaller clips off of Dennis' YouTube collection and there are some pretty interesting clips of the "dumb asses" trying to do things with some pretty interesting vehicle modifications!

Bill
Yeah, it's alway fun.

Supposedly the 3's do ok out there, but I've yet to see actual video of one doing Escalator, Potato Salad Hill and Tip Over.

Doesn't really matter as there are bypasses around the most difficult obstacles.

Besides, there are some things you just may not want to do. For instance, I never went up Lion's Back, and it's not hard. Just a drive to the top of a rock... that's real narrow... and real tall... and eats trucks... and stuff like that. Too damn skeered.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:16 PM
Hummer Guru

timgco is an unknown quantity at this point

MOAB= best time I've ever had wheelin!!!!!!!

Throw some more 35's, UC protection, rock rails and you'll have a great time in Moab. Also get a spare tierod assembly and tools to change them.

With those mods, you cna have tons of fun in Moab. The H3's do very well in Moab. Being you first time there, you may not want to do some of the harder options, but it sure is fun to watch at the same time. Most every trail there has ways around the harder stuff.

An it is true, Neo is a great guy to go with, a little strange, but fun to wheel with.
Old 08-17-2007, 11:32 PM
Hummer Authority

marin8703 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by DennisAJC
But be careful.

NEO carries a pair of scissors with him and does this weird ritual everytime they do a bypass.

If you value your pubic hair, watch him like a hawk.

Closed Thread