H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 08-16-2005, 04:37 PM
Hummer Professional

md_sailor is off the scale

Once again? ... What has been updated? does anyone know the differences yet?
Old 08-17-2005, 02:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greenhummer:
gmpartsdirect.com has the new DVD for $149. I'm gonna order it today or tomorrow. Just have to verify the current version on my new-ish H2.
Greenhummer. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Did you find a part number? My search for the DVD was fruitless both on gmpartsdirect and ebay.
I'm beginning to wonder about this deal.
David
Old 08-17-2005, 03:52 PM

greenhummer is off the scale

rather than pay the inflated shipping cost from gmpartsdirect.com, I'm just getting mine at a local dealer. The part number (15792651) does correlate with the NAV DVD. I'll be picking it up this afternoon.

gmpartsdirect.com probably has a lower price but with their quoted shipping times, I am not a huge fan. I'm used to getting stuff from a wholesale BMW dealer in three days (UPS ground). Plus they have a real phone number that you can call and get real people to talk to that will take your order. Does anybody know of a GM dealer that does this: i.e. undercuts other GM dealerships with close to wholesale prices, stocks stuff, and ships it UPS Ground so you can get it in a couple of days?????

DrG - got the dealer to fix the "service 4wd" error. I'll let you know what the new disc does. Face it: all non-mission-critical software is buggy. The NAV system goes for "a loop" occasionally where you a wondering what the hell it is doing. I hope the 4.1 version is a little snappier.

Greenhummer.
Old 08-17-2005, 06:41 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by greenhummer:
DrG - got the dealer to fix the "service 4wd" error. I'll let you know what the new disc does. Face it: all non-mission-critical software is buggy. The NAV system goes for "a loop" occasionally where you a wondering what the hell it is doing. I hope the 4.1 version is a little snappier.
Good, I'm glad you got that fixed. Somehow in all this mess, my NAV has checked out and I'm waiting for a new one. I'm waiting for the dealer to blame the alarm unit for this but the alarm unit doesn't even tie to the NAV unit in anyway. As far as the Autopage alarm/remote start goes, I wish I hadn't ever bothered having it installed, actually moved off my suburban. I have had to upgrade alarms, buy an extra box to tie to the GM databus systems and now it won't do half the things it is designed to do as the databus system won't let it. If I had been paying for this directly instead of trading out some contact lens services and materials with this guy, I would be furious. I now have to disarm the system before I remote start it or the shock sensors set off the factory alarm. I should have just left it alone. I would have thought Autopage would have designed a better unit for this.
David
Old 08-17-2005, 07:08 PM

hey DrG,

I love my Autopage unit. Sounds like your installer has ****ed it up. I had my install done at the dealership on the new '05. Therefore any issues would have been resolved by the dealer. I can do the remote start no problems. I have stored the original remotes away. I'm going to get the perimeter alarm option next - last thing to be done.

The factory unit was pretty basic. I like being able to carry around the remote unit that will tell me if anyone has broken into the car.

Greenhummer
Old 08-17-2005, 09:32 PM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Yeah, mine will tell me if someone has broken into it, will tell me the temp. inside the car, tell the time, is an alarm and countdown timer. It will do a lot of useless things but it will not disable the factory alarm shock sensors when you remote start it without unlocking it first. So you have to unlock it, remote start it, it locks itself before it starts but it is unlocked for a short period of time in the process. Probably not a major concern until something disappears. Something else that bothers me is the fact that it will not beep at you if you lock it and walk off with a door open because it works off the dome light sensor and the dome lights stay on for 30 seconds or so after you close all the doors. Oh well, can't win them all.
David
Old 08-17-2005, 10:10 PM

from what I can tell my factory alarm is disabled. there is also an option to select when you a pressing the steering wheel button "i"?

I have the shock sensor built-in and seems to work fine with the Autopage. My autopage will make sure the truck is locked before doing the remote start and only after the car has been running for a couple of seconds will it let you open the doors.

I find it very handy when you want to get the AC running thirty seconds before getting into the vehicle. Nice cool breeze already going when you sit down.

Greenhummer
Old 08-23-2005, 03:31 PM

Got the NAV 4.1 DVD. Works fine on the '05 H2. Does not seem to be any faster. Might have some newer features but did not use the 3.0 DVD long enough to appreciate the difference.

Greenhummer.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:06 PM

Bill Kervaski is off the scale

According to my 06 manual, I get two free DVD updates. I'm guessing it's the same for 04/05's.
Old 08-23-2005, 08:36 PM
Hummer Veteran

H2 007 is off the scale

How do you get the free updates?
Old 08-24-2005, 02:06 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

Bill,
If that is from a 2006 H2, then could you tell me which page that is on? I have a 2005 and have searched the owners manual and have not been able to find it. I consulted with 2 of the sales guys and neither of them had heard of that policy.
David
Old 08-24-2005, 02:09 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

rather than pay the inflated shipping cost from gmpartsdirect.com, I'm just getting mine at a local dealer. The part number (15792651) does correlate with the NAV DVD. I'll be picking it up this afternoon.

gmpartsdirect.com probably has a lower price but with their quoted shipping times,

I have recieved an email from gmpartsdirect.com saying they don't have it in stock.
David
Old 08-24-2005, 02:13 AM
Hummer Veteran

DrG is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DrG:
Good, I'm glad you got that fixed. Somehow in all this mess, my NAV has checked out and I'm waiting for a new one.
David </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It beats the heck outta me but my NAV unit has started working again, go figure.
David