H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > Technical Discussion and Customizing your H2

Old 10-21-2007, 09:47 PM
Hummer Novice

Suzie is on a distinguished road
Default Hummer Attacks by Jealous non-owners

My 2003 Hummer H2 has been vandalized quite a few times. I'm wondering if others have had problems?

Door keyed to the metal in Yosemite Valley, along with both side mirrors bashed in.
Chewed and spit up tuna fish sandwich splattered all over it, again in Yosemite Valley.
Door keyed to metal in Reno in hotel parking lot. I had Arnie endorsements for governor, vandel wrote filthy comments on top of endorsement.
Bag stolen from back seat, contained H2 manual, extra keys, and lots of other stuff.
Spare tire cover stolen in Mammoth Lakes, CA.
Post-It note left on windshield in Santa Clarita, CA, telling me I am an "environmental pig."

Obviously, Yosmite Valley and CA in general seem to not be Hummer friendly. These idiots don't realize that I live in the mountains, and deal with heavy snowfalls on a daily basis in the winter. Try backing a wimpy electrical car over the ice berm in my driveway and sliding on down the street on the black ice! I also really go 4wheeling...hard trails. I travel to Baja on a regular basis and am on dirt more than pavement. These idiots don't realize that many Hummer owners bought because it fits their life style. I also usually have a crowd with me, and all sit in total comfort.
As far as emissions, well, my H2 causes less pollution than those smoke belting VW vans. And it is lower than even some sports cars. So there.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:00 PM
Hummer Professional

dkhummerh2 is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hummer Attacks by Jealous non-owners

I think that just about everyone on this forum has had similar run-ins, though maybe not to your degree. I would get a good alarm system, motion detection etc. You can search the threads for alarms that current forum members are using.
Hope I helped you out,
dk
Old 10-21-2007, 10:08 PM
Hummer Veteran

KingVinnie is on a distinguished road

I think it just depends on the area and the areas attitude. Around here Hummers are as common as Hondas. I've never had a bad remark yet. I get compliments more than anything. I worry more about someone stealing it than vandalizing it.
Old 10-21-2007, 10:43 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingVinnie
I think it just depends on the area and the areas attitude. Around here Hummers are as common as Hondas. I've never had a bad remark yet. I get compliments more than anything. I worry more about someone stealing it than vandalizing it.

My only thing is that in 3 years when I PCS, to either Cali or Nevada, that I will fall into the ranks of those and then become subject to the abuse that some are seeing in these states. I have been looking into an alarm system such as the Viper 5900sst lately. However, based of some of the experience with alarms and the protection specs, which alarm do most of you guys recommend that has the features you need and the crap that you don't? Thanks in advance..Jamie
Old 10-21-2007, 10:53 PM
Hummer Professional

porschett is on a distinguished road

California=The land of fruits and nuts!

2006 H2 Hummer Gone and missed

1998 993 Porsche Twin Turbo (Last one made)

2006 Baja Performance 88 MPH

2008 GT2 Porsche

2009 DBS

"I object and take exception to everyone saying Obama and Congress are spending money like a drunken sailor. As a former drunken sailor, I quit when I ran out of money"
Old 10-21-2007, 11:08 PM
Hummer Guru

jmsspratlin is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschett
California=The land of fruits and nuts!

Old 10-22-2007, 06:16 AM
Hummer Veteran

vlxjim is on a distinguished road

I live in (Valencia) Santa Clarita, CA and there are H2's everywhere. I have not heard of this type of hate out here.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:37 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been broken into numerous times and had a good deal of expensive gear stolen. I had my truck stolen once. I don't think any of that had to do with tree huggers, just criminals. I have had my truck spat upon several times and had animal feces thrown on the windshield (at the natural food co-op of course). I had someone put a note on my windshield telling me that I am the reason we are at war in Iraq. I have been flipped off more times than I can remember and had one french woman stand in the road and flag me down as if she was in distress, only to tell me that she hated my "car". But then again, driving home from Big Bear in today's high winds, My vehicle was th only one on the freeway with a high enough weight to profile ratio to maintain a decent speed. I dig my truck and they can all go fukk themselves.
Old 10-22-2007, 06:38 AM
Banned

tower is an unknown quantity at this point

I have been broken into numerous times and had a good deal of expensive gear stolen. I had my truck stolen once. I don't think any of that had to do with tree huggers, just criminals. I have had my truck spat upon several times and had animal feces thrown on the windshield (at the natural food co-op of course). I had someone put a note on my windshield telling me that I am the reason we are at war in Iraq. I have been flipped off more times than I can remember and had one french woman stand in the road and flag me down as if she was in distress, only to tell me that she hated my "car". I have had numerous acquaintances tell me how they hated my car and how eco-irresponsible I am as they got into their Suburbans and Excursions. But then again, driving home from Big Bear in today's high winds, My vehicle was the only one on the freeway with a high enough weight to profile ratio to maintain a decent speed. I dig my truck and they can all go fukk themselves.

Last edited by tower : 10-22-2007 at 06:40 AM.
Old 10-22-2007, 08:26 PM
Hummer Authority

devilsfan is an unknown quantity at this point

Definitely move. I'm in south Texas and have had nothing but positive comments on my truck for 4 years now. Most people come up to me to tell me it's their dream truck or want to see the inside. Get out of CA and you'll see the vandalism stop.

Stacy
Old 10-23-2007, 02:52 PM
Hummer Professional

MVR 155 is on a distinguished road

Any time you live in an area with a bunch of liberal hippies you are gonna be a victum, these people are so blinded and ignorant they should be shipped off to thier own little island somewhere with no cars at all. There are quite a few Hummers all over my area, I have never had an issue, got a dirty look from some wormy looking little fag in a Prius last month but thats about the extent of it.

SOLD 2006 H2 SUV Luxury: Pewter ext/Black int.

2002 Corvette Z06 Blue/Ebony (light mods)
1/4 mile: 11.661@118.86

2013 Audi S4

2002 Yamaha YZF R1 Blue/White
1/4 mile: 10.51@136

2006 Sea-Doo RXP (70.6mph GPS)
2005 Sea-Doo RXT
Old 10-23-2007, 04:41 PM
Hummer Guru

Agriv8r is an unknown quantity at this point

to my knowledge, we dont seem to have that problem in va...
Old 10-23-2007, 05:24 PM
Hummer Professional

Captain of the Titanic is an unknown quantity at this point

Even in Dallas I've had a few problems. But as the number of H2 and especially H3s goes up, it seems to have mellowed.

I think people are looking at the H3s seriously, since they are such a bargain compared to the competition, and after driving one they are laying off the H2s.

I do occasionally get the 1 finger salute, I just swerve into their lane and scare the hell out of them. Nothing like a giant Hummer about to crush a little p*ssymobile to get someones attention!
2006 Twilight Maroon H2, Procomp 6001 rims, 35" X 12.5 X 17 Xterrain tires, Ram over-the-hood brush guard, Jet Stage I, Warn 9.5 winch and winch bumper, Hedman Headers, K&N Air charger, Lightforce driving lights, a little CHROME for good measure

2006 Victory Red H3 (The Titanic), R.I.P. - It didn't float

1968 Mustang GT convertible

2005 Harley Davidson Hertitage Softail, Stage I, Vance and Hines Big Shot Longs - Sold

2004 Jaguar S-Type (the wifemobile)
Old 10-23-2007, 05:33 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain of the Titanic
I do occasionally get the 1 finger salute, I just swerve into their lane and scare the hell out of them. Nothing like a giant Hummer about to crush a little p*ssymobile to get someones attention!

That is so incredibly incorrect unless you drive an H2 or H1. Don't ever make the mistake that just because it's a Hummer, it's a tank. H3s are cheap for a reason and are pretty much lightweights like any regular car. Foolish. Very foolish.

But if it's your H2, that statement is correct.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-23-2007, 07:09 PM
Hummer Authority

H2Finally is an unknown quantity at this point

I used to think I used to get some flak too. After speaking to my northern mesicasian bro, I now realize I live in paradise. Trust me, our persecution here in the US is NOTHING compared to across the border!
Old 10-23-2007, 09:50 PM
Hummer Messiah

DennisAJC is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Finally
I used to think I used to get some flak too. After speaking to my northern mesicasian bro, I now realize I live in paradise. Trust me, our persecution here in the US is NOTHING compared to across the border!

It's actually quite different now. I haven't washed the body of the H2 in a year (Just powerwash the engine and underbody) and combination with the body damage, every comment I get is, "Finally! A Hummer being used for what it was meant to be."

That and the fact I wheel with modded trucks driven by heavy hitters, it's quite famous down here with the local clubs.

My Video Collectionez

Old 10-23-2007, 11:48 PM
Hummer Messiah

CO Hummer is an unknown quantity at this point

Never had many problems in CO.

However....
Adam has had feces wiped all over his rig. But it's never been officially determined whether a vandal did it or he did it himself.
Old 10-24-2007, 03:10 AM
Hummer Guru

OrangeCrush is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by CO Hummer
Never had many problems in CO.

However....
Adam has had feces wiped all over his rig. But it's never been officially determined whether a vandal did it or he did it himself.

Now, THAT'S FUNNY, I don't give a fuk who you are....

Old 10-24-2007, 08:37 PM
Hummer Veteran

iccon is on a distinguished road

Just get a sticker made up that says Hummer Hybrid and make sure it looks official people are stupid they'll believe it
Old 10-28-2007, 11:29 AM
Elcova Rookie

Mr D is on a distinguished road

Hummer Hybrid thats good.

Myself I would never leave it in an area that supplies these types of loonies, or even live there much less, here in Alaska we just leave an empty holster on the front seat.