H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H2 Discussion Forums > General H2 Discussion

Old 01-14-2006, 03:45 AM

rodster is off the scale

Just remembered: I read once that groups of more than 7 vehicles require a pass from NPS.
Old 01-14-2006, 03:47 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tootsie:
Jese Rodster! Did you add the self igniting, pee in your pants, rear exploding rocket launcher with seat ejectors as well??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, well, kinda.

Old 01-14-2006, 04:32 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Tootsie:
Jese Rodster! Did you add the self igniting, pee in your pants, rear exploding rocket launcher with seat ejectors as well??? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Uh, well, kinda.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

ROFLMFAO!!!!!!!!!

Sean
Old 01-14-2006, 04:33 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by rodster:
Just remembered: I read once that groups of more than 7 vehicles require a pass from NPS. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Naaaaaah. Even if we end up with 12 rigs...that'd be two groups of 6, RIGHT?
"I don't know those guys....."

Sean
Old 01-14-2006, 04:36 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I'm in for at least Saturday and most likely Sunday. Frauenkommandant is undecided.

To complicate (but not confound) matters, one of my most valuable team members and her husband will be in town then from Chicago. They want to see the desert up close and personal so they may ride with me or we may rent a 4x4 for them to follow in. Or they may just take their rental car to Red Rock and hike.

Any more variables and I might just pack the tent and leave in the middle of the night!

As for the GPS, I don't know your Garmin unit but if you're building your route in MapSource on your PC and them importing it, I can use that map file. I use a WinXP touch screen tablet PC and MapSource for navigation. No big deal on this if it doesn't work out -- I've already mapped the route from 95 to Cima. As long as you know where you're going, that's enough.

I'll be sending a PM your way shortly. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, I'll be using Mapsource, so I'll send it to ya. Won't get to it tonight after all, though. I lent a book out with the coordinatesa and it was supposed to come back today but.....

You'll get it in the next day or two.

Sean
Old 01-14-2006, 05:37 AM

TootsSUT is off the scale

Uh, well, kinda.

</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I laughed so hard, I think I needed that toilet!!! ROTFLMAO!!!!!

\'05 Black SUT LUX/ADV package
Old 01-15-2006, 01:59 AM

rodster is off the scale

I found a terrific online graphic/map. I'd post it here but it's BIG! http://www.nps.gov/moja/mojamap2.htm

For those that don't know the area, look in the middle of the map for the Mojave Road, which runs east/west. (For the navigationally challenged, that's left/right. )

Edit: More big maps.
Old 01-15-2006, 02:11 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
Yes - there is a hotel in the area! If you do Saturday, you can exit just a couple miles north of our campsite to the 15 and then just about 20 miles south to Barstow and hotels - and come back and meet us in the AM to finish on Sunday!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, 5 miles north on Rasor Road and go 12 miles to Baker. Eh?
Old 01-15-2006, 03:44 AM

Bondage is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bondage:
Yes - there is a hotel in the area! If you do Saturday, you can exit just a couple miles north of our campsite to the 15 and then just about 20 miles south to Barstow and hotels - and come back and meet us in the AM to finish on Sunday!
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Or, 5 miles north on Rasor Road and go 12 miles to Baker. Eh? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah, you're right. N to Baker is a little closer than S to Barstow!

Sean
Old 01-16-2006, 12:12 AM

Bondage is off the scale

I have a MapSource file including all waypoints and a connective route for this run. If you want it, PM me and I'll send it to you so you can download it into your GPS!

IF, that is, I did it right......

Sean
Old 01-16-2006, 03:22 AM
Hummer Messiah

KenP is an unknown quantity at this point

Rod, your reading glasses are dirty, you need to replace the little seat rail cover and it looks like you have burnt matches in your cup holder.

Old 01-16-2006, 05:00 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Rod, your reading glasses are dirty, you need to replace the little seat rail cover and it looks like you have burnt matches in your cup holder.
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>

WELL! I guess YOUR reading glasses are sparkling clean!

They aren't matches. Not sure what they are.

And what seat rail cover are you referring to? I don't see a seat rail.

Geez, flash pictures sure have a way of making black carpet look like crap, don't they? The look reminds me of when I was a poor sailor and used to spray paint my faded carpet. And to think they used to say paint fumes would give a guy drain bamage.
Old 01-17-2006, 12:13 AM

Bondage is off the scale

For those coming in an H2, I highly recommend magnetic shields! There are one or two places on the "road" where some thick scrub and Joshua trees can do a lovely desert pinstriping without them.

If you don't have shields, don't sweat it - they'll buff out, and chicks dig scars.

Sean
Old 01-17-2006, 05:48 AM

rodster is off the scale

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">
If you don't have shields, don't sweat it - they'll buff out, and chicks dig scars. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Whadda trying to do -- scare people away?

You talking about the stretch west of mile 39 in Casebier's notes? Assuming so, if we have non-shielded trucks that prefer not to get pinstriped, there's a bypass to the south that connects with/becomes Cedar Canyon Road, which then reconnects with the Mojave Road around mile 49. Will that alt route bypass the scratch-and-sniff-sniff section?
Old 01-17-2006, 06:02 AM
Hummer Veteran

JnStitz is off the scale

Sean-

You can always take this approach.

Or, if you drive a truck like mine, brushrake? I'm more concerned about falling boulders, or brakeless h2's
Old 01-17-2006, 04:11 PM

Bondage is off the scale

Jon - you're a smart@$$.

Rodster - NO fear is ever experienced on the part of ANY H2 owners - except the fear that they'll have to spend the day towing out a big, heavy @$$ H1.

Sorry if that scared anyone. LOL The brush IS avoidable. Shields are just easier.

Sean
Old 01-17-2006, 11:11 PM

rodster is off the scale

The brush IS avoidable. Shields are just easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That reminds me -- I need to resize my shields. Things changed after the big honkin' tires and fender flares went on.

Good news: Last time I bought Frost King tape the web merchant required a minimum $25 purchase. So I bought 25 rolls.
Old 01-18-2006, 04:35 AM

Bondage is off the scale

The brush IS avoidable. Shields are just easier. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

That reminds me -- I need to resize my shields. Things changed after the big honkin' tires and fender flares went on.

Good news: Last time I bought Frost King tape the web merchant required a minimum $25 purchase. So I bought 25 rolls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hell, you don't need the shields then - just tape the whole damn rig!

Sean
Ps - the first time I used my shields I didn't tape them. Oops. LOL Lost one on the freeway on the way to the trail! But I went back and found it in the side of the road - unscathed! LUCKY!
Old 01-18-2006, 06:05 AM

Bondage is off the scale

BTW everyone, there will be an all-night near full moon for camping Saturday night!
The coyotes will be howling!

Sean
Old 01-18-2006, 06:44 AM

rodster is off the scale

BTW everyone, there will be an all-night near full moon for camping Saturday night!
The coyotes will be howling!

Sean </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Nice!

BTW, I'm no marketing mind but I wonder if this thread might get more action if you change the title to something like SoCal/SoNV/NoAZ yadda yadda? Could be Mojave Road means nothing to most people. I've been in Vegas a couple decades and only learned about the M.R. a couple months ago.

Odd, Mojave Road abbreviated is M.R.