H1 Photo Gallery
H1 Details

General Info

Hummer Dealers
Contact
Advertise

Sponsored Ads

Source Motors - custom. accessories.

Go Back   Hummer Forums by Elcova > Hummer H3 Discussion Forums > General H3 Discussion

Old 07-07-2010, 04:39 AM
Hummer Veteran

jersey is on a distinguished road
Default My First State Inspection

My H3 turned 4 this year and here in Jersey my New Car sticker expired and I had to bring it in for inspection. I dotted my i's and crossed my t's by doing a full interior and exterior once over, checking fluids, wear and tear items etc. I have the lifetime alignment plan at Firestone and free tire rotations so I took advantage there. I also had my first tune up ($450 for plugs, one whatchamacallit and a plenum) So I was confident all was well. I pulled in behind an 86 Buick Regal that looked like it survived an episode of civilian unrest and already in the box being tested was a Toyota Rav4. As the Regal pulled in an attendant met me at the toe-line and asked for my papers/license. He instructed me to go inside and wait. I sat in a small booth with the other two owners and watched as they brought my H3 into the dark warehouse-like environment. The Rav4 moved up the the E-brake test, the Regal to the front end shaker-upper and my H3 had the lights checked, wipers, horn and was then plugged into a computer. Suddenly there was a shout and a wave. The guy testing the Regal walked back to my H3. The Regal owner began questioning aloud, "What the hell?" Another shout and the tester on the Rav4 jogged back to my H3 drawing that owner to his feet. He turned to me and asked "What's wrong with your Hummer?" I said Huh? as I lifted my head from the inspection info form I was given outside. My tester began walking over to me as the other testers returned to their stations and he waved me out. He said, "Somethings wrong with your Hummer. It's only registering 5 cylinders, so I'm not gonna be able to finish the test. Sorry man." I replied..."It only has 5 cylinders, so do what you gotta do, call out who you gotta call out, but get it done. I gotta get to work."
A boss-like guy came out 2 minutes later. Did something to the computer and moved my H3 through the rest of inspection. Shiny new sticker good for two more years.

Thanks NJ...once again you've impressed me with your outdated systems and undereducated service folk.